Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Zhulik posted:

curious that no one is mad at episode 1 for doing two pro-biden episodes. i wonder whats different about chapo :rolleyes:

I know you're making a funny but there's legit some backlash towards how Joe and Hunter were portrayed by them from the True Anon circles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

The E1-True Anon beef will more than anything be remembered as the thing that tore the left apart in 2020.

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

ur in my world now posted:

it's a nice change of pace that someone doesn't like amber because she's rude and annoying instead of she said a Bad word or made a cheap joke about china 4 years ago like the rest of the rose emoji qq crew. i don't necessarily agree but thank u

she has no decency, sir

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

Deified Data posted:

crazy take: convincing liberals that Biden still sucks even if he wins and that none of the horrible poo poo we're experiencing under trump is just going to magically disappear under Biden is probably the most constructive thing he could be doing with his platform. Insofar as we're actually able to convince them of this. I found it interesting that on his podcast Johnston straight says that he got a lot more pushback from Biden people for this video than the left - if I had to narrow down a reason why it's probably because the tacit admission that he's voting for Biden defused all of their go-to "are you just going to vote for Trump then?" responses and they're not being allowed to be snide on their own terms.

If we take it on faith that Matt Christman is right that a single vote is devoid of morality or meaning (and I generally do), telling fencesitters "I voted for Biden and here's why he's bad and why we still need to put in work" is probably more compelling than telling them you wrote in Bernie or something. Like I'm not going to vote for Biden but when I engage libs about why he's bad I allow them to assume I am and they're a lot more open to my arguments.

for context, here is where the libs are, they are making their brunch reservations as we post

https://twitter.com/jrubinblogger/status/1318282238858067970?s=21

e: look at the replies if you want your eyes to bleed

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

for context, here is where the libs are, they are making their brunch reservations as we post

https://twitter.com/jrubinblogger/status/1318282238858067970?s=21

god I love jennifer rubin. she's so just profoundly dumb, it's almost likeable

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i look forward to not having to think about politics anymore, at least until the next rude man is elected.

landgrabber posted:

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1252075513834848257?s=20

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
i wasnt sure how realistic a shot sarah iannarone had at unseating ted wheeler as portland's mayor but now that virgil has interviewed her i know she's dead in the water

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Wolfsheim posted:

i wasnt sure how realistic a shot sarah iannarone had at unseating ted wheeler as portland's mayor but now that virgil has interviewed her i know she's dead in the water

Virgil and Will should start interviewing republicans. Don't even release it, just kiss of death someone who deserves it for a change

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Has chapo ever pushed for a candidate that ended up winning or a bill that ended up passing?

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Didn't they interview the SF guy who won the DA race there?

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

T-man posted:

Has chapo ever pushed for a candidate that ended up winning or a bill that ended up passing?

Nope, and the one time they were like lol no chance with Doug Jones in Alabama, Doug ended up winning. Minus virgil, who touched the poop emoji and tasted victory that one time.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Finicums Wake posted:

adderall owns

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

landgrabber posted:

She is aware that posting like this infuriates us

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Omnicarus posted:

Nope, and the one time they were like lol no chance with Doug Jones in Alabama, Doug ended up winning. Minus virgil, who touched the poop emoji and tasted victory that one time.

I thought they were in early on AOC. I could be misremembering, though.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

T-man posted:

Julie Salazar?

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

nvm

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

T-man posted:

AOC?

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

lol how was the interview with Andrew Yang on Bad Faith

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Gorn Myson posted:

Does nobody remember the episode Chapo put out before the 2016 election where the whole gang performed "Fight Song"?

https://clips.twitch.tv/IntelligentFairShieldNotATK

i only remember high hopes

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

god that's like a different universe now

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Maximo Roboto posted:

i don't listen to trots but probably similar to this

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i like how virgil refuses to participate in this nonsense. a gentleman.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

has Virgil ever met Nathan J Robinson, still pretty sure they're the same guy

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Maximo Roboto posted:

they're both from Florida, have Ivy League degrees, always wear suits no matter the situation...y'know what? there's meat on that bone

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

maybe men from Florida who go into podcasting just have that look

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Maximo Roboto posted:

He dodged a "why is it OK for billionaires to exist" question like 3 times. He seems like he might genuinely care about people but is incredibly naive. He thinks Biden will do large scale safety net stuff, which is contradicted by multiple statements from both Biden and his surrogates.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Yang is either incredibly naive or a massive liar

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

lol if you don't think yang has been running a massive grift from the beginning

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Maximo Roboto posted:

I think virgil went on the current affairs podcast

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

The Wandering Trot is tropes

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

TeenageArchipelago posted:

I think virgil went on the current affairs podcast

Virgil and nathan can do two radio voices, not that impressed. Nathan also went on Bad Faith to discuss the Supreme Court, episode 10 or 11.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Wolfsheim posted:

ted wheeler is really hated in portland after continuously gassing everyone (and working with the feds, which will probably have more of an effect lol). it is possible!

edit:

crepeface posted:

different angle of ted wheeler walking away while people get in his face and also throw water bottles at him:

https://twitter.com/MrOlmos/status/1286195817976496128?s=20

crepeface has issued a correction as of 02:50 on Oct 21, 2020

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Yang is either incredibly naive or a massive liar

I know it's kinda trite to say "both" on these things but he's a tech guy, it's absolutely both.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

I was in the supermarket yesterday at like 9 AM with nobody else in the store when the piped-in music started playing High High Hopes.

I cackled like a madman.

It was a simpler time, then.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Troy Queef posted:

they're both from Florida, have Ivy League degrees, always wear suits no matter the situation...y'know what? there's meat on that bone

there's a beef stew wainting to happen here

the Japanese curry rice of podcast questions

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

landgrabber posted:

lmao jesus christ dude you are REALLY confrontational on this. is she your mom??? have I insulted someone near and dear to you??

This is a thread about podcasts, so the answer to both your questions is probably "yes" for the majority of posters.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

im amber ama

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
Thanks for the AMA, when do we get to empty the coastal cities?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

crepeface posted:

ted wheeler is really hated in portland after continuously gassing everyone (and working with the feds, which will probably have more of an effect lol). it is possible!

debases himself for his Nazi filled PD for years and chuds are still convinced he’s actually secretly organizing antifa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I wish I was this rich