Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I mean, I know the answer is 'they're racist' but why are fishermen 'protesting' other fisherman on conservation grounds? Like, are they pretending somehow it's just the native fishing company that contribute to overfishing issues?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Ror posted:

When the crabs take over they'll walk over piles of our skulls like in Terminator.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sexpig by night posted:

I mean, I know the answer is 'they're racist' but why are fishermen 'protesting' other fisherman on conservation grounds? Like, are they pretending somehow it's just the native fishing company that contribute to overfishing issues?

who knows??? (it's the racism :ssh:)

Also sounds like a worker got burned badly in the arson too :(

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

sexpig by night posted:

They have native rights that allow them to fish off season, iirc. Part of why they're allowed is because they harvest a tiny fraction that everyone else does and it's a big deal for them, you know, getting to eat and live wise? I think?

Also something hosed up with the lobster economy I think tariffs or some dumbass decision torpedoed the gently caress outta it on top of the general downward slide.

And ofc the racism.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
So very dapper

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I just want someone to look at me the way this woman looks at the snip snops.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Ror posted:

When the crabs take over they'll walk over piles of our skulls like in Terminator.

They can't be bargained with. They can't be reasoned with. They don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And they absolutely will not stop. Ever. Until they have to molt.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I forgot to mention that the orange and green transforming crab toys I got can be combined into a hermit crab mode.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Xenomrph posted:

I forgot to mention that the orange and green transforming crab toys I got can be combined into a hermit crab mode.

What a load of crab

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

So when I fold up a person and carry them on my back to protect me, everyone looks at me like I'm crazy, but when a crab does it, it's suddenly okay :mad:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

https://youtu.be/O1A0-tDkXoY

I snip snop

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
No pinch no pinch??? How dare they!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

on saturday we went out to point reyes and walked along a beach collecting shells and stuff.

We saw a tiny crabbo in a tide pool:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGScH4yw1AM

When we got home we sorted through our pile of loot, plus some stuff we'd collected a few months ago

here we have our collection of tip tops and snip snops

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Leperflesh posted:

on saturday we went out to point reyes and walked along a beach collecting shells and stuff.

We saw a tiny crabbo in a tide pool:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGScH4yw1AM

When we got home we sorted through our pile of loot, plus some stuff we'd collected a few months ago

here we have our collection of tip tops and snip snops

pretty sweet crabcache you got there.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

apparently there's a Japanese crab database you can just browse online! For free!!

https://japanesedecapods.web.fc2.com

Get a load of this nacho chip lookin rear end creb:

https://japanesedecapods.web.fc2.com/brachyura/Parthenopidae/D.horrida.html

S/O to franzanth for posting it on Twitter, who's a pro-follow if ur into crabs

https://twitter.com/franzanth/status/1318278362041929729

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Dorito horrido

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Doritinisation (or Doritinization) is an example of convergent evolution in which a crustacean evolves into a snack-like form from a non-snack-like form

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Captain Hygiene posted:

Doritinisation (or Doritinization) is an example of convergent evolution in which a crustacean evolves into a snack-like form from a non-snack-like form

:hmmyes:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
foreverially doritinized, just snip snopping and loving it.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Captain Hygiene posted:

the same definition can apply to carcinization.

Think about it

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

good dogs

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

This gets me everytime. Best of all, they chose the correct Doritos flavor too.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

crebs

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/0wPI7qJ.mp4

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i am eel #426

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Arkane and forbidden knowledge

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I like to imagine there's a perpetual crab/eel/isopod tornado that roams the ocean floor, sweeping the sea clean

naem
May 29, 2011

eat teh bones

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

much respect for the first crab who braved the eel storm to get his bread.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://www.thisiscolossal.com/2020/09/sofia-crespa-ai-natural-history/

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

stuff like this is fascinating to me

just the sheer amount of like, work it takes to get your daily rations when everyone else has the same idea

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s also cool to think that one dead organism just fed a hundred mouths for a few hours.

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

I'm going to stipulate in my will that my body be fed to crabs when I die. But no eels. gently caress those guys

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

do not gently caress eels

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Lil Peeler posted:

I'm going to stipulate in my will that my body be fed to crabs when I die. But no eels. gently caress those guys

I always thought sky burial was the most metal funeral but now I see that creb burial is the way. Throw my body on the pile.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

do not gently caress eels

That's a moray

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Wild T posted:

That's a moray

Lol