Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Awesome weathering work.

Here's a better shot of my space tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Owlbear Camus posted:

Awesome weathering work.

Here's a better shot of my space tank.

I’ll say the same right back at you! Liking how grungy this this.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

This is interesting:

Anikan comes with a "flaw" card that you have to give your opponent.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2020/10/20/the-chosen-one/

Also offensive/defensive stance looks like a near auto-include for force units with a talent slot, and I hope he includes more than one card.

TotalHell posted:

I’ll say the same right back at you! Liking how grungy this this.

Since my days of playing Cygnar Trenchers in Warmachine, I've been a big fan of chipped paint, oxidation, and mud everywhere. Ironically it takes a little more effort to get your tanks and robots and poo poo looking not factory fresh, but that's more true to what they'd look like if they were actually seeing more than a few minutes of battle.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Oct 20, 2020

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Is there a list builder that spits out a printable army with all the cards? I want to proxy up some droids to play with my kiddos.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Owlbear Camus posted:

Is there a list builder that spits out a printable army with all the cards? I want to proxy up some droids to play with my kiddos.

Pretty sure Legion HQ has this.

Also that flaw card is way more forgiving than I'd expected. He's gonna be meta defining imo.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Anakin seems super hard to assess because he's a big bundle of keywords without the really defining explosive command cards that other lightsaber users have that enable them to have one or two really bonkers turns in a given game if played right. Moreover apparently the negative suppression elements of the permanent cards persist as well. With 3 courage, your opponent controlling the flaw card, and multiple effects that threaten to stack on extra suppression it seems like if you misstep with him at all then he's done for. Also two force slots with access to both light and dark side are gonna make for some tough loadout choices. You can definitely tell they went hard on the theme of him being poised to fall.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

hoiyes posted:

Pretty sure Legion HQ has this.

Also that flaw card is way more forgiving than I'd expected. He's gonna be meta defining imo.

At first I saw the drawbacks and thought he'd be a non-starter. On further examination they're not that bad. Hero of the Clone Wars and You Underestimate my Power have nice buffs and drawbacks fairly easy to work with. This is Where the Fun Begins requires you to activate Anakin first which is a tough ask. But Relentless is one of the best keywords so who is to say.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Rex with Strict Orders could be a nice sidekick?

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Running him alongside Padme seems like a no brainer. He has two talent slots which make his longevity really nice as more talents come out, but it's going to be hard to go past tenacity and endurance. Push and Choke are two of the best cards out there and he joins a short roster of people who can use it, and the only one with movement 2 and jump.

I'd probably consider taking Fives and a couple of HQ uplinks in an Anakin list to make that token Scramble a little easier.

It's pretty nutty how good he is, his "drawbacks" aren't terrible, especially with strict orders Padme and endurance. With courage 3 it'll be very hard to panic him, especially with Padme's supression removing card. Her 2 pip card which hands out a free move can also alleviate his flaw card, or even trick it out of your opponents hand. Leave anakin with a supression in the open, but within a move1 of los blocker, they play the flaw hoping to light him up, but you move him out of sight.

He never needs aims with 6 red surging to crit with his card. He doesn't have amazing POW effects but he is crazy efficient at killing stuff, I'd say you would normally play Anakins cards first and hold Padme's for reactive effect.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
On paper I like the sound of him. Used well very powerful, used poorly I can see people crippling themselves or being utterly blindsided by a timely flaw card.

I dislike the thought of pairing him up with Padme though, because I have no interest in the character whatsoever. Play well, or play what you like....hmm...

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Ugleb posted:

On paper I like the sound of him. Used well very powerful, used poorly I can see people crippling themselves or being utterly blindsided by a timely flaw card.

I dislike the thought of pairing him up with Padme though, because I have no interest in the character whatsoever. Play well, or play what you like....hmm...

I mean if youre not min-maxing you dont have to use her, just spitballing ways to mitigate the problem. If you want to just go with whats cool thats probably fine in most cases.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

RagnarokAngel posted:

I mean if youre not min-maxing you dont have to use her, just spitballing ways to mitigate the problem. If you want to just go with whats cool thats probably fine in most cases.

Oh never fear, I often field sub-optimal lists just to use a certain model. I don't usually do it to avoid certain characters though!

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Pairing Anakin with Rex is also good. Rex can get inspire and throw out a ton of orders to make it easier if Anakin can't be given an order. It also means you can have a second commander token in the bag to double your chances.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

hoiyes posted:

Pairing Anakin with Rex is also good. Rex can get inspire and throw out a ton of orders to make it easier if Anakin can't be given an order. It also means you can have a second commander token in the bag to double your chances.

I am far more likely to do this. I find the clone has a more interesting personality.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Rex is just fun. Giving him fire support for a turn and having him blast fools that are swinging at his brothers is enough of a reason to take him. He’s great in skirmish, but I’m not sure if it’s because he’s cheap and can help you get another activation...or just him being a badass on his own. Maybe somewhat both?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Padme is better in the clone wars cartoon which seems to be what they modeled after for understandable reasons.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

RagnarokAngel posted:

Padme is better in the clone wars cartoon which seems to be what they modeled after for understandable reasons.

Looking glumly at my hand full of "looking pensive," "marrying an abuser" and "dying of a broken heart" command cards.

They're not "officially" spoiled but it looks like we're getting Lando and Agent Kallus. Weird that we're getting two Rebels and no Imperials in the same wave. :D

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I only play supercasually but when are the clone/droid generic commanders supposed to be out? Maximum Droids sounds like a fun list but all their commanders are super expensive.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

RagnarokAngel posted:

The FB Legion group I used to be a member of had people who were highly upset that Padme was better with her droid trooper blaster than droid troopers were for reasons they tied themselves in knots to justify despite evidence shown Padme would in fact be extremely proficient with a blaster and really just boiled down to 'because girl.'

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

The FB Legion group I used to be a member of had people who were highly upset that Padme was better with her droid trooper blaster than droid troopers were for reasons they tied themselves in knots to justify despite evidence shown Padme would in fact be extremely proficient with a blaster and really just boiled down to 'because girl.'

Oh god I remember seeing this exact fight on the FFG boards :gonk:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

StashAugustine posted:

I only play supercasually but when are the clone/droid generic commanders supposed to be out? Maximum Droids sounds like a fun list but all their commanders are super expensive.

Before the end of the year. Whether you can get one or not depends on if supply lines don't get hosed, which they probably will.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

That's funny both coming and going because it's not like the droid troopers were that great with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pqCJ1zPWO4&t=689s

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Icon Of Sin posted:

Oh god I remember seeing this exact fight on the FFG boards :gonk:

Padme being an excellent shot is evidence based design.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/40k569/spoilers_whos_the_best_blaster_shot_in_star_wars/

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I like how the "miller style score" seems to be basically "you miss 100% of the shots you never take." :v:

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

It appears that the limited edition Hoth Luke will be available in retail and outside of the USA....

I kinda want one. I'm not planning on collecting Rebels and have too much waiting to be painted already but I do like that sculpt....

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

As an only rebel player, ill take 3.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Yeah I didn't care about Vader or Obi but this Luke is really nice. Hopefully it being an in-person thing at LGSs mean it'll be reasonable to get.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
I literally finished my greenstuff conversion of hoth Luke last week, now this comes along to show me up! Hopefully there's some stock left for Aus.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

If you can't get your hands on the limited run Luke, Skullforge has the 3d printable trio in Hoth gear.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
I do like how they trolled all the Luke players but having him waving his saber in the air still

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Score.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

They are out already? Well done!

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

I hate painting Stormtroopers. White is the worst color to work with, and the high contrast of black is completely unforgiving. Whoever designed their look is evil:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Cessna posted:

I hate painting Stormtroopers. White is the worst color to work with, and the high contrast of black is completely unforgiving. Whoever designed their look is evil:

Nice crisp work on them, though!

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Owlbear Camus posted:

Nice crisp work on them, though!

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I'm more used to Historicals, and the shades of a green or brown uniform are a lot more forgiving. If you paint some WWII Soviet trooper wearing a brown uniform and mess up on his boots no one will notice, it all looks like the brown of the base anyway. But those Stormtroopers? I hate white.

If I knew how annoying this was going to be I would have gone with Shoretroopers, which look a lot more fun to paint, but I got into the game by splitting a box set with a friend of mine who was smarter than me and chose the Rebels.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Cessna posted:

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I'm more used to Historicals, and the shades of a green or brown uniform are a lot more forgiving. If you paint some WWII Soviet trooper wearing a brown uniform and mess up on his boots no one will notice, it all looks like the brown of the base anyway. But those Stormtroopers? I hate white.

If I knew how annoying this was going to be I would have gone with Shoretroopers, which look a lot more fun to paint, but I got into the game by splitting a box set with a friend of mine who was smarter than me and chose the Rebels.

I'm a big fan of the effort to results ratio of GW contrast white, but if you're good enough at conventional methods you can get a much higher ceiling of course.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I turned a bunch of PLA filament into enough structures and plants and poo poo to fill a 3x3 Felucian GAR forward operating base nicely.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Owlbear Camus posted:

I turned a bunch of PLA filament into enough structures and plants and poo poo to fill a 3x3 Felucian GAR forward operating base nicely.

:yeshaha:

That LAAT is awesome

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Hot drat, that's nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hey kids, I just know every one of you needs some more storm troopers or perhaps a squadron of speeder bikes? Trad Games Secret Santa is up, and you have about a week left to sign up! You could ask your Santa for a limited edition Hoth-costume Han Solo or whatever. The skywalker's the limit!