Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uoWxr6ALSo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
No that dude who went around slapping everyone's asses from the sexual harassment episode was the worst character. Hell, that whole episode is pretty bad in that it goes to unrealistic lengths to argue its case, like the disability episode with the drug addict. No one in real life would put up with that poo poo for more than two seconds.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

The first Enrique episode was genius because you, the viewer, share Hank's confusion and frustration at this bit character suddenly being rammed down your throat endlessly.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
enri-gay

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

God, gently caress the... I can't even remember his name, but the sexual harassment idiot episode. It's not the worst but it's just a frustrating watch in a bad way.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Sal MON hank

Enrique owne,d sorryy

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

TheKingslayer posted:

God, gently caress the... I can't even remember his name, but the sexual harassment idiot episode. It's not the worst but it's just a frustrating watch in a bad way.

thats what she said

almost as bad as ms wakefield

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The White Dragon posted:

thats what she said

almost as bad as ms wakefield

I appreciate the statement that men can also be harassed and it's ok to speak up, but at the same time I don't believe the Hank character would have held back that long kicking rear end and that Buck is THAT stupid.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
I’d kill for a big fat black gay guy if we could just get some work done around here!

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

GolfHole posted:

i like tom petty and i dont hate lucky and im gonna take the shade off my boy by saying Enrique is the worst character

How can anyone not like the Traveling Wilburys?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMVjToYOjbM

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

King Possum III posted:

How can anyone not like the Traveling Wilburys?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMVjToYOjbM

I know a guy who hates the Wilburys because they're all super talented but Jeff Lynne who ruins every song they recorded. It's a pretty hot take.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

TheKingslayer posted:

I appreciate the statement that men can also be harassed and it's ok to speak up, but at the same time I don't believe the Hank character would have held back that long kicking rear end and that Buck is THAT stupid.

hank holds back because of his respect for buck. without his father figure protecting his nemesis he would've grabbed the guy's rear end with his boot and kicked it in five minutes

Lincolnstein
Sep 10, 2007

Happy birthday, Lucky.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Just realized that Dale became an exterminator because he hates his dad, Bug.

e: also wait a sec, Bug's story about a beautiful Filipino caterer at Dale's potluck wedding doesn't add up. I think he's played us all for chumps.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Oct 21, 2020

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

The Moon Monster posted:

e: also wait a sec, Bug's story about a beautiful Filipino caterer at Dale's potluck wedding doesn't add up. I think he's played us all for chumps.

You gotta admit he was a beautiful boy; I'd have done him in a heartbeat.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

The Moon Monster posted:

It had to be a last-minute potluck because the caterer was too busy getting his world rocked by Bug

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Another Bill posted:

I know a guy who hates the Wilburys because they're all super talented but Jeff Lynne who ruins every song they recorded. It's a pretty hot take.

I'm sorry, what? He's down with Petty but NOT down with the man who wrote loving Twilight?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U52sP25ynE

:cmon:

Lincolnstein
Sep 10, 2007

Anything about a boy with gumption should be fine.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm sorry, what? He's down with Petty but NOT down with the man who wrote loving Twilight?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U52sP25ynE

:cmon:

Twilight isn't even in my top 10 ELO songs.

I'm going to keep this derail going for one more post and I don't care because no one I know cares about the music I like so I never get to talk about it.

Jeff Lynne is a music genius from behind the scenes and he produced Tom Petty's first solo album. I can't remember if he wrote I Won't Back Down or not but it definitely would have been a different song with Lynne's input. And the whole story about how they formed the Travelling Wilburys is pretty interesting.

I want to keep rambling on, but this really doesn't have anything to do with KOTH so I'll stop. But Tom Petty is a god drat legend and it was super cool that he wanted to take time from his music career to voice a character on a cartoon.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Dale's Dad Bug

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Tom Petty was a national treasure.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Tom Petty was a national treasure.

he absolutely was, and any man what says otherwise can meet me out behind the lumber yard

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Jingleheimer posted:

it was super cool that he wanted to take time from his music career to voice a character on a cartoon.

I'll drink to that! :cheers:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I have nothing against the man himself, or Lucky, and agree that it was absolutely incredible that he voiced him.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Code Jockey posted:

he absolutely was, and any man what says otherwise can meet me out behind the lumber yard

Why was I not surprised to see Buck Strickland there?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Between Bill and Buck, which is the better Stephen Root performance?

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

MightyJoe36 posted:

Why was I not surprised to see Buck Strickland there?

There's money to be made.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

my name is buck and i like hot toddies

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

GolfHole posted:

my name is buck and i like hot toddies

lmao

I like to eat, I like to hump, and I don't like to drive

RichestManInTown
May 1, 2004

People I meet keep getting torn into pieces.
One of the things I love most about this show is that almost every episode had some genius throwaway line that kills me every time. Like Hank standing around bored at a parade asking “where’s that tank they keeping about?” It says so much with just one sentence.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

RichestManInTown posted:

One of the things I love most about this show is that almost every episode had some genius throwaway line that kills me every time. Like Hank standing around bored at a parade asking “where’s that tank they keeping about?” It says so much with just one sentence.

I know, I know, but then I met some men. We went to a bar, and before it all went horribly wrong, they told me a bunch of things I can do to get Ladybird pregnant.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

RichestManInTown posted:

<seductively> I rented an R rated movie

<defeated> ...platoon....

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Between Bill and Buck, which is the better Stephen Root performance?

Gosh that is razor close. I’d say Bill as Pretty, Pretty Dresses is the show’s emotional apex in breaking down Hank & Bill’s friendship but both are all timers.

Been enjoying Halt & Catch Fire, especially as Toby Huss is a main cast member. His normal speaking voice is closest to Thatherton.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

why are you calling me bill????

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I like the one where he's got a drat near sure thing with that single mom and she drops by a week after Christmas and he's still wearing the now stained, dishevelled Santa Claus outfit and she basically throws the tupperware at him and runs.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

his bounce house faux-son is love enough

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Gosh that is razor close. I’d say Bill as Pretty, Pretty Dresses is the show’s emotional apex in breaking down Hank & Bill’s friendship but both are all timers.

Been enjoying Halt & Catch Fire, especially as Toby Huss is a main cast member. His normal speaking voice is closest to Thatherton.

Toby Huss was also really good in Carnivale

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Code Jockey posted:

Toby Huss was also really good in Carnivale

gently caress I keep telling myself I'm going to watch this and still havent.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Lowen SoDium posted:

I know, I know, but then I met some men. We went to a bar, and before it all went horribly wrong, they told me a bunch of things I can do to get Ladybird pregnant.

This is my favourite moment of the show, along with Dale's "whuuuuuuh!" when he FINALLY puts on the dress and comes out to the alley, just to see Hank and Bill no longer wearing theirs.

Also, "well... That's what we keep telling ourselves, isn't it Boomhauer?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Lowen SoDium posted:

Hank thought they were brothers so his horror isn't as bad as it seems on first glance