Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

There's also the ~elite PVP~ tactic of dropping it on a harpy fleet, munnins, or basically anything that relies on speed. If you get both bubbles on one of those fleets, you get a turkey shoot.

Salisbury Snape posted:

Instructions unclear, bubble the FC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
Wubbles will be awesome for gatecamps, as long as you have one (or several) dictors to spam them when hostiles jump in.

On the downside, it's going to web everyone, but omelets, eggs, etc.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CainFortea posted:

If only there was a term we've been using for over a decade to mean warp bubble.

what is it op

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Let's get something straight. The term is not "wubble". The term is "wibla".

E.g. "iospace, go wibla those Muninns!"

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

Ynglaur posted:

I feel like that term also could just as validly mean “shoot blues” lmao

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

Ynglaur posted:

You can't stop the wubble train.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Gate mechanics in this game are so weird and unintuitive in general. Web bubbles seem ok I guess but it would be cool if they rethought the whole dynamic of gate aggro/crashing/cloaking into something that felt better

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
oh hey no one mentioned the upgrade to combat interceptors

quote:

The update to Combat Interceptors will see role bonuses added to the Claw, Crusader, Taranis, and Raptor, including a 100% bonus to the benefits of overheating Afterburners and Microwarpdrives.

That's a very big upgrade, tackle ships able to easily go 10km/s is pretty cool

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Let us shoot gates.

Webubbles are probably about fast ships speed tanking not gates. Specifically fast ships speed tanking by orbiting structures.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I'm going to take a bunch of drugs and buy some snakes and orbit a gate at 13km/s

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

i nominate "webbles" rather than "wubbles" as the name

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Severing posted:

Not sure what's going on but boy people are being a bit salty in fleets and local the last couple of days on our side.

This is the most fun I've had in Eve for a while so not sure why they aren't enjoying it.

I’ve been in some fun loving fleets the past few days and haven’t experienced any salt. 🤔

Finally getting Jackdaws trained has added to more ways for me to inevitably land on grid and get primaried as an A-name-haver.

Up next, Munnin training, or maybe a slippery Pete.

And I got a medal for returning to the game. Thanks Goonfleet :3:

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
So I imagine you could webble your own battleship fleet to make everyone go to warp faster right?

Also you can still only fit one kind of bubble at a time, so dual dictor meta incoming?

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

Severing posted:

Not sure what's going on but boy people are being a bit salty in fleets and local the last couple of days on our side.

This is the most fun I've had in Eve for a while so not sure why they aren't enjoying it.

the mood always gets better once you wish mike flood a happy birthday

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

also, I saw Elo Knight is in goonwaffe.
:stare:

Say again?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

froody guy posted:

Say again?

2020 is strange times innit

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Ynglaur posted:

Wibla; noun, verb;
1- Wibla, a character in EVE online.
2- To Wibla, to unceremoniously DD an idiot off the field, most likely a blue.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

froody guy posted:

Say again?

Grath Telkin is also in GSF ITYOOL 2020, though I don't actually think he does anything. Elo Knight is leading fleets fairly regularly.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

i nominate "webbles" rather than "wubbles" as the name

webbles and wabbles and no more wubbles

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Elo Knight in waffe? Uhm... I've got a pic for that

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

froody guy posted:

Say again?

It's true, my Muninn survived an Elo fleet this week and strangely he wasn't the one shooting at it

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

rocketrobot posted:

webbles and wabbles and no more wubbles

You deploy wubbles to webble people.

Its so awful i love it!

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Ok, now I know I'll probably get troutslapped pretty hard but I have one of those forbidden questions to ask and so I'll shoot it true and through: is it (even remotely) possible to make a new account on goonfleet, re-link all your associated alts to that new one and not get banned in the process? The character associated to my actual account should remain in waffe but I'll probably freeze it in a cryogenic tube of some sort. The goonfleet account could as well be deleted but anyway there is nothing to hide, quite simply I almost never used it.

I don't know exactly why but I remember reading it was one of those things that pisses off the forum admins, the counter-counter-anti-counter-intelligence secret services, the direkktorate and mittani too on a very personal level so I'd rather ask it here in plain sight before getting rutibexed.

froody guy fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Oct 21, 2020

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Dalael posted:

You deploy wubbles to webble people.

Its so awful i love it!

Webbles wobble but they don't fall down.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

froody guy posted:

Ok, now I know I'll probably get troutslapped pretty hard but I have one of those forbidden questions to ask and so I'll shoot it true and through: is it (even remotely) possible to make a new account on goonfleet, re-link all your associated alts to that new one and not get banned in the process? The character associated to my actual account should remain in waffe but I'll probably freeze it in a cryogenic tube of some sort. The goonfleet account could as well be deleted but anyway there is nothing to hide, quite simply I almost never used it.

I don't know exactly why but I remember reading it was one of those things that pisses off the forum admins, the counter-counter-anti-counter-intelligence secret services, the direkktorate and mittani too on a very personal level so I'd rather ask it here in plain sight before getting rutibexed.

Um. Why?

If you didn’t have someone up your rear end before, you probably will now

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

froody guy posted:

Have you tried to log in to your old Goonfleet account and/or contacted the newbies email?

If you account was old enough, it's possible that it was deleted, so you'd need to make a new account anyway. If it wasn't, but you can't get in or are blacklisted or literally anything else...email newbies[at]goonfleet[dot]com and explain the situation.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Yeah I thought about writing to newbies but this is just a generic question. If it's possible in some cases or just not. My actual account is active and all, I'm in jabber and ESI verified with a bunch of alts. I'd just like to have a new account and freeze the one I'm using now, made in 2011 when I had no idea about the meaning of the universe and all the things.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

froody guy posted:

Yeah I thought about writing to newbies but this is just a generic question. If it's possible in some cases or just not. My actual account is active and all, I'm in jabber and ESI verified with a bunch of alts. I'd just like to have a new account and freeze the one I'm using now, made in 2011 when I had no idea about the meaning of the universe and all the things.

there is literally no reason to do this... none that i can think of anyways

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

froody guy posted:

did you name your character something that was cool in 2011 and embarassing as gently caress now? That's the only thing I can think of, like you named your character something dumb or vaguely racist and you're ashamed of it now.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

what is it op

Bubble.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

hey fc do you mean one of those new web bubbles or a warp bubble ?

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Both, you fools!

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

orange juche posted:

did you name your character something that was cool in 2011 and embarassing as gently caress now? That's the only thing I can think of, like you named your character something dumb or vaguely racist and you're ashamed of it now.

No nothing like that, but it has to do with the name. It's the one I was using for "gaming" back in the days but it has nothing to do with eve and particularly with goons. Anyway, not answering to you in particular now, but I wasn't asking for you guys to figure out why I wanted to change it, just if it was possible. As I said, that account/name should fall silent for good and I'd like to have my account linked to the character I (will) use the most in waffe. As simple as that.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Today was my first truly successful solo pvp roam!

Found a blockade runner on a station to bump, never bumped someone before:
https://zkillboard.com/kill/88034133/

Followed by a dude coming to defend (he interjected in the bumping - I forgot to check loot from them rush):
https://zkillboard.com/kill/88034095/

And finally just some dude who I was certain was going to kill me (5% structure left or so):
https://zkillboard.com/kill/88034249/

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

froody guy posted:

No nothing like that, but it has to do with the name. It's the one I was using for "gaming" back in the days but it has nothing to do with eve and particularly with goons. Anyway, not answering to you in particular now, but I wasn't asking for you guys to figure out why I wanted to change it, just if it was possible. As I said, that account/name should fall silent for good and I'd like to have my account linked to the character I (will) use the most in waffe. As simple as that.

Nobody sees the account name but you. All we see are characters. Or I'm pretty sure that's the case. I could be wrong tho, as I often am.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Well, one's a bubble the other is a wubble. I know you're dumb but this shouldn't be this hard.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Dalael posted:

Nobody sees the account name but you. All we see are characters. Or I'm pretty sure that's the case. I could be wrong tho, as I often am.

Ok except the account name is the same as the character name :v:

Oh, and edit: account name is the goonfleet name so yeah it's definitely what everyone in gsf sees.

froody guy fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Oct 21, 2020

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Ynglaur posted:

Let's get something straight. If you try to make this a thing, I will DD you.

Dalael posted:

Wibla; noun, verb;
1- Wibla, a character in EVE online.
2- To Wibla, to unceremoniously DD an idiot off the field, most likely a blue.

:sun:

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?

froody guy posted:

Ok except the account name is the same as the character name :v:

Oh, and edit: account name is the goonfleet name so yeah it's definitely what everyone in gsf sees.

As far as I know there’s someone in charge of that poo poo you can pay an exorbitant fee to in order to change your forum name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CainFortea posted:

Well, one's a bubble the other is a wubble. I know you're dumb but this shouldn't be this hard.

We all get it but this will be a thing for a long time