Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ICR posted:

MOTYC: Fenix vs. Penta Dynamite 10/21

It’s not even done and it’s one of the best matches I’ve seen on TV. I am enthralled like no other.

it is done now and nth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Dango Bango posted:

MOTYC: Rey Fenix vs. Penta El Zero M - AEW Dynamte 10/21

Restating since I think there's a thing with nominating during the match

Nth

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Dango Bango posted:

Nth. That ruled

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Dango Bango posted:

Roger that! I need to read better

Nth. May actually be match of the year when it’s all said and done (NJPW has the real winner I think, but wow. Just wow.)

Maybe best AEW Dynamite match ever though for real.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i would like to take a post to highlight the incredible storytelling of having a spot that demonstrates penta's immense slapping ability, and then having him slap the ring post so hard that he is hampered by it

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Dango Bango posted:

Yup. (this is me nthing)

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

HM: Hangman Page vs. Colt Cabana, 10/21 AEW Dynamite

great night of matches so far folks

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Aye Doc posted:

HM: Hangman Page vs. Colt Cabana, 10/21 AEW Dynamite

great night of matches so far folks

Nth to this.

Also, arguably best Dynamite of the year so far. Great matches all around.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

do we need a separate thread for Angle/Segment of the Year nominees or can I just go ahead and SoTYC: Chris Jericho/MJF dinner, 10/21 AEW Dynamite

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
HM: MJF and Chris Jericho in The Dinner Debonair , Dynamite 10/21

A very glorious fever dream.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Aye Doc posted:

do we need a separate thread for Angle/Segment of the Year nominees or can I just go ahead and SoTYC: Chris Jericho/MJF dinner, 10/21 AEW Dynamite

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Aye Doc posted:

I'll allow it

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

Seconded

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Aye Doc posted:

Junpei Hyde posted:

I'll allow it

Well then, consider this an Nth.

Also, thinking more about it I think I need to put Penta/Fenix at #3 on my MOTY list behind Revolution tag and Takagi/Okada. Absolutely captivating. (I already nominated the match)

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Aye Doc posted:

aew has had some amazing ones. the inner circle bunch ones during lockdown with all the visual gags, jericho cutting a promo on a drone

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It should really go out without saying but yes please do not nominate matches that haven't finished yet - happily it didn't really matter since that glorious Fenix/Penta match (which was absolutely a MOTYC) had enough votes made after it was done anyway to make the list.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I want to anti-vote that match due to the bias created from it being nominated while it was still happening. A lot of voters are heavily influenced by what others nominate.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

Big nth.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Cavauro posted:

I want to anti-vote that match due to the bias created from it being nominated while it was still happening. A lot of voters are heavily influenced by what others nominate.

But enough about NJPW fans.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Jungle Boy vs Wardlow
MOTYC: Penta vs Fenix
HM: Hangman Page vs Colt Cabana
HM: Private Party vs Young Bucks vs Butcher & Blade vs Dark Order (Silver & Reynolds)

All from AEW Dynamite 21.10

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Honorable Mention
Penta El 0M vs Rey Fenix - AEW Dynamite on October 21, 2020

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Wardlow vs. Jungle Boy, AEW Dynamite, 21/10
MOTYC: Rey Fenix vs. Penta El Zero M, AEW Dynamite, 21/10
HM: Hangman Page vs. Colt Cabana, AEW Dynamite, 21/10
HM: The Butcher and the Blade vs. Private Party vs. Alex Reynolds/John Silver vs. The Young Bucks, AEW Dynamite, 21/10

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

gently caress!!!!!

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Rarity posted:

HM: Wardlow vs. Jungle Boy, AEW Dynamite, 21/10
HM: Hangman Page vs. Colt Cabana, AEW Dynamite, 21/10
HM: The Butcher and the Blade vs. Private Party vs. Alex Reynolds/John Silver vs. The Young Bucks, AEW Dynamite, 21/10

nth

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Jungle Boy vs Wardlow
MOTYC: Penta vs Fenix
HM: Hangman Page vs Colt Cabana

All from AEW Dynamite 21.10

nth to these 3

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
WMOTYC: Young Bucks vs Private Party vs Butcher & Blade vs Alex Reynolds & John Silver - AEW Dynamite 10/21

The more and more I think about how this match went, the more I got pissed off about it. The way they handled Alex Reynold being knocked out was incredibly amateur hour poo poo and not the first time the company has allowed a talent that was obviously knocked out to get back up and continue wrestling. There were 6 other people wrestling around his body, two of which are Executive Vice Presidents and in the end he doesn't factor into the finish but still is bumping after being knocked out. That's worse than Shane Thorne getting rocked on Raw, at least some of the guys in the match and the referee actually checked on him but he's unconscious in the ring for minute only to barely stumble to his feet so that one of the Bucks can get a comeback spot before the referee and a medical team finally roll him out of the ring.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'll go MOTYC for Penta vs Fenix, Fenix tricking Penta into thinking his wacky arm breaker move had actually broken an arm was a very cute finish and the match as a whole was very good.

HM for Cabana vs Hangman and Wardlow vs Jungle Boy.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
From Dynamite on October 21.

HM: Jungle Boy vs. Wardlow
HM: Rey Fenix vs. Penta el Zero M
HM: Colt Cabana vs. Hangman Page

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

WMOTYC: Young Bucks vs Private Party vs Butcher & Blade vs Alex Reynolds & John Silver - AEW Dynamite 10/21

The more and more I think about how this match went, the more I got pissed off about it. The way they handled Alex Reynold being knocked out was incredibly amateur hour poo poo and not the first time the company has allowed a talent that was obviously knocked out to get back up and continue wrestling. There were 6 other people wrestling around his body, two of which are Executive Vice Presidents and in the end he doesn't factor into the finish but still is bumping after being knocked out. That's worse than Shane Thorne getting rocked on Raw, at least some of the guys in the match and the referee actually checked on him but he's unconscious in the ring for minute only to barely stumble to his feet so that one of the Bucks can get a comeback spot before the referee and a medical team finally roll him out of the ring.

Nth. Match was also poo poo

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

KungFu Grip posted:

Yeah I'll nth this. The match was just uncoordinated nonsense. Every time AEW does these huge 8,10,12 man matches they are pretty goddamn awful most of the time. And it's even worse when the Bucks are involved. Throw in a bad injury that wasn't properly addressed? Yeah gently caress all of that

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, and YOSHI-HASHI (C) vs. Suzuki-gun (Taichi, Zack Sabre Jr., and DOUKI) for the NEVER Openweight Trios Championship - NJPW Road to POWER STRUGGLE 10/23

This match was a ton of fun and the nearfalls and the lengthy YOSHI-HASHI/DOUKI war while their teammates did everything to help their teammates succeed was just great.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, and YOSHI-HASHI (C) vs. Suzuki-gun (Taichi, Zack Sabre Jr., and DOUKI) for the NEVER Openweight Trios Championship - NJPW Road to POWER STRUGGLE 10/23

This match was a ton of fun and the nearfalls and the lengthy YOSHI-HASHI/DOUKI war while their teammates did everything to help their teammates succeed was just great.

The wrong team won and Gedo should be fired for it but god dammit I loved seeing my good friends doing their all to get ultimate underdog babyface DOUKI the title & respect he deserves over that god drat lucha hipster YOSHI-HASHI

Still 2nd'd it

Mod Edit: Spoiler-tagged match result.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Disagree with the first half but agree with the second half for sure!

Please don't give away results for those who haven't seen the match yet though, please :)

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Jerusalem posted:

Nth

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Nth

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

Nth, YH is putting in career best work. It's ridiculous that DOUKI was snubbed in NJC for loving Jado

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Nth, really good match with Douki and Yoshi-Hashi definitely being the stars!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SG Bamboo posted:

Nth, YH is putting in career best work. It's ridiculous that DOUKI was snubbed in NJC for loving Jado

I am so sour about that

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Nthed. DOUKI and :yoshihashi: put on a hell of a banger and I don't know how to feel about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Dangerous Tekkers/DOUKI vs. Hirooki Goto/Tomohiro Ishii/YOSHI-HASHI, NJPW Road to Power Struggle, 23/10

DOUKI's best match in New Japan and it's not even close. When he pulled his top off I lost my poo poo