Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joke Miriam
Nov 17, 2019

Theoretically if I wanted to play EVE should I even bother joining you people, or join someone not in the middle of being wiped off the face of the galaxy?

Mind you I’m not sure how long I’d stay. Honestly my main motivation to play would be to understand the game just enough that when I try to read EVE battle news, and there’s links to zkills or DOTLAN I actually understand what I’m looking at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cetea
Jun 14, 2013

Joke Miriam posted:

Theoretically if I wanted to play EVE should I even bother joining you people, or join someone not in the middle of being wiped off the face of the galaxy?

Mind you I’m not sure how long I’d stay. Honestly my main motivation to play would be to understand the game just enough that when I try to read EVE battle news, and there’s links to zkills or DOTLAN I actually understand what I’m looking at.

At this rate, since the enemy isn't brave enough to fight on our keepstars without onlining a cyno jammer, they'll make progress by 2030 or something, assuming a perfect coalition which trusts each other 100% of the time and they don't backstab each other at some point. Now's the best time to play EVE in my opinion, as we can get to shoot the bad guys without jumping through multiple systems to look for them first.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
From the GSF IT Frequently Asked Questions

quote:

Q: I don't like my username anymore, can I change it?
A: Nope, you are stuck with it. If you think you will outsmart us by making a new account, you will find all of them banned.

Q: Can you delete my old account?
A: No. The account you created is yours. The creation of additional accounts will result in them being banned, and possibly your original one too. Do not create multiple accounts.

But I don't even own that character anymore!
A: Nobody cares. You're not alone. This is true even for GSF directors.
I mean maybe if you have super special circumstances you can convince the admins to do you a solid. You'd have to ask.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

froody guy posted:

No nothing like that, but it has to do with the name. It's the one I was using for "gaming" back in the days but it has nothing to do with eve and particularly with goons. Anyway, not answering to you in particular now, but I wasn't asking for you guys to figure out why I wanted to change it, just if it was possible. As I said, that account/name should fall silent for good and I'd like to have my account linked to the character I (will) use the most in waffe. As simple as that.

If it is the name of an eve online character, it probably won't be allowed to be changed. Maybe someone with the power to do it will answer, but generally they don't allow it.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Oct 21, 2020

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?
AFAIK you can pay some director who’s name I forgot a blood price of several billion and they’ll let you change it.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

froody guy posted:

No nothing like that, but it has to do with the name. It's the one I was using for "gaming" back in the days but it has nothing to do with eve and particularly with goons. Anyway, not answering to you in particular now, but I wasn't asking for you guys to figure out why I wanted to change it, just if it was possible. As I said, that account/name should fall silent for good and I'd like to have my account linked to the character I (will) use the most in waffe. As simple as that.

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/211120-kilgarths-services-abuse-my-privileges/page-1 Here ya go guy, it's only 25bil.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lovely tuna snatch posted:

Today was my first truly successful solo pvp roam!

Found a blockade runner on a station to bump, never bumped someone before:
https://zkillboard.com/kill/88034133/

Followed by a dude coming to defend (he interjected in the bumping - I forgot to check loot from them rush):
https://zkillboard.com/kill/88034095/

And finally just some dude who I was certain was going to kill me (5% structure left or so):
https://zkillboard.com/kill/88034249/

:hfive:
Nice, killing is fun

AeroZ
Nov 9, 2016

How about webble instead of wubble?
And I think it would be hard to understand what the FC asks for if it’s wubble vs bubble. They sound pretty much the same.

AeroZ fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Oct 21, 2020

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Dear random goon fellow that wants a name change, email newbies explaining why your name is offensive, don’t be a weirdo and you might get it changed. The longer you go in wild circles about it the weirder it seems and the more likely someone’s inner “gently caress that guy” will kick in.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Wibla posted:

Let's get something straight. If you try to make this a thing, I will DD you.

:sun:

Hold off until I'm on a good ship at least. My beloved Bhaalgorn, for instance.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Joke Miriam posted:

There are several reasons to join goonswarm instead of someone else. The best reason is that everyone is very helpful and newbie friendly and super active now that we are about to get wiped off the face of the galaxy. Also getting wiped off the face of the galaxy is quite fun it turns out. Also I'm sure people will shower you with gifts for being new (I got probably a billion isk in total).

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

You didn't post the important part re: name changes:

kilgarth posted:

The requirements are as such:

1. You must have a vouch from someone in your corp leadership that is in good standing with the alliance. An illum member from your corporation, for example. If you are an ally, you will need a vouch from your alliance leader.

2. You must have a valid reason for the request; I am not going to change names just because someone doesn't like their name anymore.

3. The name you want changed to must be a character that you currently own and is listed on your account. If you bought the character, you must have owned it for at least one year.

4. The name cannot have been used in the past.

5. Your name will only be changed once.

The price for a name change will be 25B and is non-refundable. Any money sent before the request has been approved is forfeit.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

I guess I just have some really weird curse where if I try to make more than 50 million ISK in a single day, I will fail to do so for some reason.

Either that or I just suck at wormhole exploration.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Inglonias posted:

I guess I just have some really weird curse where if I try to make more than 50 million ISK in a single day, I will fail to do so for some reason.

I really hope you’re only playing for like an hour a day

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yeah sounds like you should join the 'Waffe, I created my account less than three weeks ago and usually make more than that

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Inglonias posted:

I've been having poo poo luck with holes lately myself, all the c1-c3s just have poo poo for sites.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Inglonias posted:

a full day of explo will net me like 600m what are you doing

GREAT SATAN
Aug 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Phlegmish posted:

Yeah sounds like you should join the 'Waffe, I created my account less than three weeks ago and usually make more than that

What do you do, if you don't mind sharing? I'm pretty new to EVE/just joined goons like a few hours ago but haven't gone through all the required readings yet. So far I'm lucky to make it out of the T2 dead space stuff alive, let alone make any ISK.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

GREAT SATAN posted:

What do you do, if you don't mind sharing? I'm pretty new to EVE/just joined goons like a few hours ago but haven't gone through all the required readings yet. So far I'm lucky to make it out of the T2 dead space stuff alive, let alone make any ISK.

Nothing special, honestly, just krabbing with my alt in highsec. Mining worthwhile ores in a Procurer is boring, but decent money. You can mess around with Planetary Interaction while you do it, which is slow money but doesn't require a lot of upkeep (after the initial set-up). Another good thing to do while mining is Project Discovery. It starts off underwhelming, but once your level/accuracy increases you get 100k per submission, no matter how lovely it was - and you can do a ton of submissions per day. It's a nice little boost.
Combine the three and it's a decent enough stream of income for a newbee, once you get your economic skills up.

What's your username? PM is fine if you don't want to share it on here.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

OMFG FURRY posted:

I find these claims pretty inflated most of the time. I have no doubt people have had some big days, but exploration can be so hit or miss that you kind of have to go on an average and 600m seems kind of high to me.

Like people can’t get Myrm ratting numbers straight. Pretax with perfect skills I can’t do better than 45m an hour. If I mtu and salvage while I orbit , I might be able to push that about 5 more million a hour. After taxes and logistics it’s probably in the low to mid 40s. Ask someone what they make a hour? I have had 60 thrown out there in myrms. poo poo is wild.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

the easy but boring answer is, once you have a few million sit in jita and play the market a bit. people put a very high premium on convenience and there are items you can buy with a buy order and then turn around and sell for 10x as much without doing any work at all. i don't really recommend doing this long-term unless you find you really like it, but it is lucrative. new players i think underestimate how silly the market can be and how much money that leaves just lying around. there are many buy-sell price disparities that will make you tons of money by a new player's standards but which the very rich traders consider beneath their notice

this is only if you just want to stay in high sec and do high sec things, or if you really need some cash to burn on non-high sec endeavors. personally though i think it's better than the newbie combat/mining route at getting you to where you feel financially able to participate in the game

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

OMFG FURRY posted:

I'm lucky if I get one relic site with ~90m worth of armor plates in it and then spend the rest of the day scanning to find nothing but gas/data sites and holes. I ate poo poo to a bubble camp in a pipe system in Stain (my own fault, went gate to gate instead of bouncing b/c there was no one in system when I warped) and lost my last batch of loot. I'm pretty much done loving w/ explo at this point.

Smiling Demon
Jun 16, 2013
A couple nights ago I swept through period basis in an imicus and came back with ~250m of loot. Caveat being I didn't particular enjoy doing that, I felt like I was playing a couple of bad minigames.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Exploration makes me want to die

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

OMFG FURRY posted:

So is this 8 hours or 12.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I miss doing exploration for money but at the same time I don't.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Sickening posted:

I find these claims pretty inflated most of the time. I have no doubt people have had some big days, but exploration can be so hit or miss that you kind of have to go on an average and 600m seems kind of high to me.

Like people can’t get Myrm ratting numbers straight. Pretax with perfect skills I can’t do better than 45m an hour. If I mtu and salvage while I orbit , I might be able to push that about 5 more million a hour. After taxes and logistics it’s probably in the low to mid 40s. Ask someone what they make a hour? I have had 60 thrown out there in myrms. poo poo is wild.

a full day is like 6 total hours, and i also tend to explore in TEST (sansha) and panfam (guristas) space after taking a filament or finding a drifter wh.

on average, 2-3 hours of explo always nets me around 200-350m and thats when i start making my way back to delve

granted, it takes me about 30 mins to get started/find a drifter hole to dip in and out of

it also helps to do most explo on the weekdays as opposed to the weekends, less competition

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

OMFG FURRY posted:

I once made 600m isk in 30 seconds of trading. Someone sold me a set of 5 Ice Harvester Drones to my buy order. I relisted them for a healthy profit, and they sold almost instantly. Poor guy should have listed them himself :v:

A typical day I would make about 1b, and that's with logging in 10-12 times per day to update orders. It took about 10min to update the orders.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

iospace posted:

I miss doing exploration for money but at the same time I don't.

I feel this very deeply

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Smiling Demon posted:

A couple nights ago I swept through period basis in an imicus and came back with ~250m of loot. Caveat being I didn't particular enjoy doing that, I felt like I was playing a couple of bad minigames.

you are/were, and you're probably doing it while smashing dscan constantly out of paranoia, too. explo is an OKish way to make isk with a low-skilled character if you can't standing mining or market trading but like most all other PVE in EVE it's pretty poo poo from an engagement standpoint

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
explo can be very boring, but finding a magpie MTU bpc, or an already built one, in a covert site are one of the better lucky finds. if you are doing explo in w-space tho you will find more gas/sleeper sites than the real money makers

it also helps that i actually make rigs instead of selling the salvage

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

Joke Miriam posted:

For both your goal and EvE in general, join goons. You will understand less than nothing from random pubby corps, and the only ones where you might learn a thing will not take fresh meat.

You still won't understand much unless you try to run a few groups, kill a bunch of people, get into the logistics and industry, see how the spy game works a bit etc. - but at least from GSF you can understand what life in the part of EvE that is not completely braindead is like. Plenty of people never experience most of EvE.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Idiot Doom Spiral posted:

For both your goal and EvE in general, join goons. You will understand less than nothing from random pubby corps, and the only ones where you might learn a thing will not take fresh meat.

You still won't understand much unless you try to run a few groups, kill a bunch of people, get into the logistics and industry, see how the spy game works a bit etc. - but at least from GSF you can understand what life in the part of EvE that is not completely braindead is like. Plenty of people never experience most of EvE.

:yeah:

Be part of the Goonaissance

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Snail Information posted:

This is an antiquated idea. GSF is very far from its original roots. The only way to play eve with your fellow goons these days is to play toilet eve. Otherwise you gotta accept that you're joining an eve guild that is mostly run by a reddit group (kf).

Goonwaffe is actually active as gently caress right now. I would have agreed with this statement prior to the war, but today, for example, I helped a group of Goons start the process of restarting Delta squad.

Goonwaffe is a solid #2 behind KF right now in raw activity and as far as jabber presence, they may be dominating the conversation in a lot of channels, because you know, goons and shutting the gently caress up are pretty much antithetical.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

andromache posted:

I helped a group of Goons start the process of restarting Delta squad.

Please tell me you did not reveal the secret to them.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
theres no u in sqad,my dude

Shade2142
Oct 10, 2012

Rollin'
Join goons for that sweet space communism.

On another note my old 7 char multibox with is worth around 30b each according to character bazaar. That isk inflation is loving wild.

I only have a few bil in assets when I quit and now I can sell 5 for 150b.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

froody guy posted:

You can pay Kilgarth 25bil isk to change your forum account name.

So the short answer is it is possible to change account names. It just requires someone with owner rights on the database. Hence the 25bil fee to Kilgarth.

Otherwise you are just going to have to deal with the fact that your forum name of xXxSePhIr0tHSSJ420xXx W33D4LYFE was incredibly funny back in 2010 but didn't age so well a decade later.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Dieting Hippo posted:

Please tell me you did not reveal the secret to them.

If there's a secret to Delta squad I don't know what it is. I've been Sigma in my heart almost my entire swarm life.

I literally grew up on a goat farm. Where the gently caress else do you think I could end up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

Shade2142 posted:

Join goons for that sweet space communism.

On another note my old 7 char multibox with is worth around 30b each according to character bazaar. That isk inflation is loving wild.

I only have a few bil in assets when I quit and now I can sell 5 for 150b.

Any idea if its better to use skill extractors vs selling the chars?