Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Eiba posted:

Pretty sure that's advice for getting them to like you. Which is a prerequisite, but a pretty easy one compared to actually getting their picture.

Once they like you, all you need to do is give them a gift good enough to get furniture in return. Currently that's a single coconut or better. If they like you and give you furniture, there's like a 10% chance it'll be a picture. This means you can spend weeks, or even months, at maximum friendship and not get their picture. (There's a marginal boost if you give them a fruit from a stack with your inventory full, 'cause they can't give you wallpaper if they have to mail you a gift the next day.)

Source: I spent ages wrapping up iron wall lamps for my villagers and barely got any pictures, and then switched to this full inventory coconut method and got everyone's picture in like a week. Except O'Hare's. I got O'Hare's picture three days ago. After months of daily loving coconuts. loving O'Hare knew he was gonna get the boot after I got his picture, so he held out on me. I love him, but I don't need two smugs and I have Raymond too. Though the two of them have a very gay beach resort they run together currently so I dunno, maybe I'll keep them both. (O'Hare's the cool impulsive one who dreams big, while Raymond is the uptight neurotic one that makes it come true. Together they've made the perfect quaint rustic beach resort for Kabuki to use to launder money for the nyakuza (Thank you for reading my animal crossing fanfiction.))

Thank God, I thought I was the only one out here like "Raymond, you bitchy queen."

E: in my head, Raymond is a wannabe influencer and podcaster who keeps his corporate job just so he can support his fabulous island lifestyle. Also he and Agent S hang out. Sometimes Chrissy comes but eventually she gets annoyed by how much the other two gossip. Also I think he and Doc have something on the DL even though Rory is more his type.

ee: Molly is in boxes today! I love her, but I have two Normals and needed a Cranky. I'll be opening up later, probably around 7 PM Central European time, but wanted to give people a heads-up because I know she's a very popular villager. (Protip: give her a pair of the retro sunglasses, she looks stupid cute!!!)

Fleta Mcgurn fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Oct 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
lol if you don't make up elaborate backstories of your villagers and all their relationships with eachother

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

ee: Molly is in boxes today! I love her, but I have two Normals and needed a Cranky.
Can confirm for anyone on the fence that Molly is fantastic.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

track day bro! posted:

lol if you don't make up elaborate backstories of your villagers and all their relationships with eachother

Mac and Bianca spend most of their time wearing shirts they gifted to one another (via my delivery services).

Annalisa and Flurry keep meeting up to have conversations about baking and books :3:

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

track day bro! posted:

Villagers AND visitors. Pinky and Flick had a falling out during the summer after Pinky got freaked out by how wriggly and disgusting pill bugs are. Flick was incensed and horrified at her hatred of any insect, and uninvited her to the regular Bug Offs, which is why she’s always crafting during the Bug Offs. She can’t be seen by him taking part in the festivities (it’s unavoidable; her house is right next to the town square) doe she stays in all of that Saturday and crafts, reads, eats donuts etc.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
So I just counted and I've got almost 800 pumpkins in storage. Does uh, anyone need pumpkins?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I know, why did I plant like 35 of the fuckers? I hope everyone's gonna enjoy endless gifts of pumpkins for the rest of time.

Actually, if the pumpkins have grown but haven't been picked, will they stay, uh, befruited through the year?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

We may have planted 50 some. I just love Halloween so drat much.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Me, too. I think I'm keeping most of it up all year.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I know, why did I plant like 35 of the fuckers? I hope everyone's gonna enjoy endless gifts of pumpkins for the rest of time.

Actually, if the pumpkins have grown but haven't been picked, will they stay, uh, befruited through the year?

I hope so, I'm leaving my little pumpkin field fully planted up because it looks really nice.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Slugworth posted:

We may have planted 50 some. I just love Halloween so drat much.

Oh yeah same. Ngl my island will probably remain permanently spooky. Christmas? What's that? It's spooky time all the time, baby!

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
how to get a photo, the chad method

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Tiler Kiwi posted:

how to get a photo, the chad method

Another Chad method is to give them the suitcase full of money or gold bars.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
I have three pumpkin patches because I thought they were a one time use thing. Going to keep one and have it be more diverse in colors and use the other two spaces for the winter stuff or future gardening.

Also will be keeping my Halloween stuff up year round. It’s my favorite holiday and I just love it.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Jolly Redd has dropped anchor at Dessert today, with an authentic Moving Painting and a fake Beautiful Statue and Famous Painting. Sprocket is at the campsite as well if anyone is looking for a robotic bird. Help yourself to any of the DIYs we have by our crafting area. Message board drawings appreciated!

Dodo code: CLOSED

TL fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Oct 22, 2020

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Is there any way to get an incline placed where Red docks or are those rocks between the sand and the cliff pretty much make it impossible?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

notthegoatseguy posted:

Is there any way to get an incline placed where Red docks or are those rocks between the sand and the cliff pretty much make it impossible?

You can get an incline that ends in the sand but I have one maybe one or two tiles from it.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

notthegoatseguy posted:

Just do what I did and carve right through the cliffs to make a straight pathway to the beach.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Come to Wugis!

Turnips are 310

Pick up any pumpkins or fruit on the ground! I was an idiot and thought not picking them was wasteful, but not I just made a load of work for myself. I don't care if you turn around and sell them for bells.

Get Candy!

Sahara is on the island

Able's has a pig nose

If you want to tip, water my black flower patch behind Able's. I left out some watering cans. I need to get enough gold roses so I can tear them out and start terraforming.

I should be open until 10 EST.

DoDo Code: crashed, new code below

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Oct 22, 2020

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Finally crawled back up to a three-star rating. Isabelle needs to lay off the drat whiskey, I've planted three or four times as many flowers and trees as I originally removed while terraforming, which is what dropped me to two stars in the first place. So glad you're finally happy, princess.

I'd have a lot more flowers if it would rain once in a while, too. I'm watering but it's not having much impact. (My big flower beds are all near the plaza so the villagers will water some of them. Success is middling.)

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

UltraRed posted:

Come to Wugis!

Turnips are 310

Pick up any pumpkins or fruit on the ground! I was an idiot and thought not picking them was wasteful, but not I just made a load of work for myself. I don't care if you turn around and sell them for bells.

Get Candy!

Sahara is on the island

Able's has a pig nose

If you want to tip, water my black flower patch behind Able's. I left out some watering cans. I need to get enough gold roses so I can tear them out and start terraforming.

I should be open until 10 EST.

DoDo Code: 2G730

I might not have looked at all of them, but the watering cans left out are not gold. To get the gold roses you need to water the black roses with the gold watering can. I went ahead and used mine so hopefully you get some!

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

notthegoatseguy posted:

If you can terraform already, yes. If not, you'll have to wait.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

song parody blah blah come to Sharkfarts. Nook's has a thing! Turnips are bad. Redd is here, dunno with what. Please adopt Molly, I love her very much. Gift bags on the beach to the right of the airport, you can have three! Sorry, really tired and have to be up at 5 tomorrow. Might leave it open all night. I TT'd so stores will be open for about three more hours.

Dodo: CY7KS

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

yippeekiyaymf posted:

I might not have looked at all of them, but the watering cans left out are not gold. To get the gold roses you need to water the black roses with the gold watering can. I went ahead and used mine so hopefully you get some!

I already watered them with a gold can, so they have the "gold flag" set on them. You'd be watering them to increase the chance of them cross breeding. Thank you for watering them!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Whoever planted those Hyacinths... thank you so much! I didn't know you could plant flowers on someone else's island. I was planning on expanding my flower growing operation to hybrids, but I was gonna wait until I terraformed.

Evan Jellicle
Apr 20, 2008

Come to Big Money!

I have too much stuff, so please come take it away. There’s a pile of duplicate DIYs and miscellaneous items in E6, in front of Skool Marm’s house. Have at it!

Edit: sorry if anyone got kicked out, I turned off auto-sleep

Dodo code: 6P41D

Evan Jellicle fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Oct 22, 2020

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Dodo code is L8HQK
Single Digits until Halloween as we have another day of the Sand Souci Celebration, open daily in Celebration of Halloween!

I am your gracious host Gray Stonks, Cyberninja

The main attraction is The General's Fun Park the biggest attraction in Sand Souci. Come see the various stands and purchase goods, ride on one of our four teacups, perform a spooky show on our updated haunted stage, and of course Visit the World Famous Sand Souci Haunted House ! Six rooms of terror await you, can you survive?
The Rooms Include:

The Forbidden Summons
'The Stiching Room'
Graveyard of Villagers Past
Hell Itself
The Laboratory of Madness
The Church of Resurrection

We're at max spookcapacity right now, any spookier and they'll revoke our spook license If you enjoyed your stay please leave a note on our billboard in the town square

Redd is here, but only has the fake Nefaltari bust left for purchase

Anything at nooks is up for purchase, so help yourself

The ables have rounded animal hats for all your dress up needs, and don't forget your candy at nooks!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

song parody blah blah come to Sharkfarts. Nook's has a thing! Turnips are bad. Redd is here, dunno with what. Please adopt Molly, I love her very much. Gift bags on the beach to the right of the airport, you can have three! Sorry, really tired and have to be up at 5 tomorrow. Might leave it open all night. I TT'd so stores will be open for about three more hours.

Dodo: CY7KS

omg you have the real jolly painting! yay! redd has bought the fake one with him so many times :D

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
crashed.

new code is: CLOSED

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Oct 23, 2020

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

UltraRed posted:

Whoever planted those Hyacinths... thank you so much! I didn't know you could plant flowers on someone else's island. I was planning on expanding my flower growing operation to hybrids, but I was gonna wait until I terraformed.

Haha glad you enjoyed those. I’m clearing my island of flowers and thought I should gift hybrid flowers to everyone else. They even are spooky colors as a bonus!

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Celeste is in Fiorina by the campsite! Shops are closed but there’s a small meteor shower happening! Also please take some pumpkins at the entrance, I have too many of them.

Dodo: Closed

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Oct 23, 2020

Evan Jellicle
Apr 20, 2008

YesGrannyRocko posted:

Come to Big Money!

I have too much stuff, so please come take it away. There’s a pile of duplicate DIYs and miscellaneous items in E6, in front of Skool Marm’s house. Have at it!

Crashed again, the new code is DB79V

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Villagers AND visitors. Pinky and Flick had a falling out during the summer after Pinky got freaked out by how wriggly and disgusting pill bugs are. Flick was incensed and horrified at her hatred of any insect, and uninvited her to the regular Bug Offs, which is why she’s always crafting during the Bug Offs. She can’t be seen by him taking part in the festivities (it’s unavoidable; her house is right next to the town square) doe she stays in all of that Saturday and crafts, reads, eats donuts etc.

I don’t know why but this has had me laughing all day. Someone banned from the Bug Offs. I didn’t know that could even happen.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

yippeekiyaymf posted:

I don’t know why but this has had me laughing all day. Someone banned from the Bug Offs. I didn’t know that could even happen.

In my head cannon it’s the only possible explanation why she only takes part in the Fishing Tourney and never does the Bug Off.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

I don’t recall my villagers ever interacting directly with visitors. They just mention oh kicks is here or some weird Pirate is on the beach.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Come to Vista. Get your candy, Mables has all the Flashy Animal Boots, while I afk at work.

Anyone has any white rose seeds that’s be cool but don’t go out of your way.

Dodo code: closed

Moose-Alini fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Oct 23, 2020

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Moose-Alini posted:

Come to Vista. Get your candy, Mables has all the Flashy Animal Boots, while I afk at work.

Dodo code: 7CBD3

You have now been given white and blue roses. Ta-dah!

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

You have now been given white and blue roses. Ta-dah!

Ahh! Amazing thank you. I been working on blue roses for months and have 1 for all my trouble.

And it came from some random rose overgrowth, not any of my breeding patches.

That’s why I wanted white seeds, to make more pure purples.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Moose-Alini posted:

Dodo code: 7CBD3

We moved the switch to the living room and my wife could finally visit someone. She's not really sure how to leave presents yet, but she did leave a message on your board. Thanks for letting her over!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Messages on the board are the best present there is!