Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
Those Lumineth are some of the biggest duds in recent memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Knobb Manwich posted:

Scrolling past the elves then realising that yes, all of them have a bonsai tree was pretty good. Also wondering why legolas has three strings for his bow.

The bloodbowl season 2 video is good.

https://youtu.be/49OigWbL8DQ

This might be my stupidest purchase ever, but it looks great and I’m an idiot

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Mugaaz posted:

Those Lumineth are some of the biggest duds in recent memory.

Not only they look bored and boring, but they look like their designer was also bored with them, and hated every moment working on them.

Slaaneshi ones own tho, except the archer one, that's the weakest link there (Yet still beats all Lumineth).

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I like the really tall hat.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
A glance at the Lumineth fighter cards has them looking pretty tough just by the bare stats.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Has some FLGS leaked a price list for next week's preorders yet? I've got a friend who may be getting into Warcry with the new boxed set.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Stephenls posted:

Has some FLGS leaked a price list for next week's preorders yet? I've got a friend who may be getting into Warcry with the new boxed set.

Should be today or tomorrow. And I would guess that the new Warcry box will be at least $170.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Word is Catacombs is $210.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Have we ever had a thread for Middle-Earth SBG or is this the best spot for hobbit-postin?

Morality_Police
Mar 25, 2015

Stranger in a Strange Land
Regarding Catacombs, they're eventually going to release those new factions as standalone boxes, right? I assume it won't be until they've sold through the catacombs boxes, which blows, but I want to paint the Scions of Flame, and I really don't want to buy a $200 box right now.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Robert Facepalmer posted:

Eek. Based on the contents, that is way overpriced.

Morality_Police posted:

Regarding Catacombs, they're eventually going to release those new factions as standalone boxes, right? I assume it won't be until they've sold through the catacombs boxes, which blows, but I want to paint the Scions of Flame, and I really don't want to buy a $200 box right now.
Yeah, probably won't be for a bit, but they will eventually get released for gang expansion purposes, if nothing else. Catacombs is the new starter, so it might be around for a while, but I don't think GW will silo off the minis like they do with the core game starters.

EDIT: Yep, confirmed $210 for Catacombs

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Oct 19, 2020

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Have we ever had a thread for Middle-Earth SBG or is this the best spot for hobbit-postin?

Give me the good Hobbit content I crave

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Morality_Police posted:

It will probably be sooner than you think, Untamed Beasts and Iron Golems both came out as standalone kits fairly quickly after the OG Warcry box.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
Is anybody else a bit surprised by the Catacombs box - it seems reeeaaal similar to the Kill Team Arena box, which I didn't think was all that popular?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

glitchkrieg posted:

Is anybody else a bit surprised by the Catacombs box - it seems reeeaaal similar to the Kill Team Arena box, which I didn't think was all that popular?

I thought KT Arena was strictly a rules box (with maybe a sprue of scatter terrain) versus a new starter kit (that is: with this box you could (at least in principle) do an entire thing of Warcry, versus Arena which added a new mode of play but wasn't really self-contained in any way)?

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

glitchkrieg posted:

I’ve seen this said in a couple of places today, and yet almost everyone I regularly interact with who played kill team used to be pretty positive about it :raise:

I feel like Warcry could benefit from having rooms and corridors. The movement and line of sight rules are so freeform that it feels a bit too abstract to me in a lot of ways.

Morality_Police
Mar 25, 2015

Stranger in a Strange Land

ineptmule posted:

It will probably be sooner than you think, Untamed Beasts and Iron Golems both came out as standalone kits fairly quickly after the OG Warcry box.

This gives me hope, thank you. :)

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Been playing since first edition fellowship box set. Always be collecting po-tay-toes to serve with poached hobbit.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Give me the good Hobbit content I crave

Xlorp posted:

Been playing since first edition fellowship box set. Always be collecting po-tay-toes to serve with poached hobbit.

I got a bunch of models second-hand, and started collecting some elves to go along with them! I really really like that you can get a box of like 24 dudes cheaper than a squad of 5 40K models.

ELF POSTIN'! (I don't know what colour to use for their boots that doesn't look too much like the gold, and I started painting the banner pole like wood but again it blends into the armor)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The ultimate fusion of man and machine.

These are some cool looking elves.

Set
Oct 30, 2005
So I guess this would be the best place to ask about this. My local FLGS is having a sale and they are selling the Shadow War Armageddon rulebook. As far as I've understood it, it should basically be the old Necromunda but with 40k armies instead of gangs. Anyone tried it, and would it be worth grabbing? I am kinda thinking for a way to use my random collection of various 40k minis in a game, and this could be one possibility. I guess Kill Team would be more modern, but just looking at the enormous amounts of various cards, rules and packs you can't even get for that anymore Shadow War actually seems like a more complete skirmish game to me.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I painted this dude recently.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Set posted:

So I guess this would be the best place to ask about this. My local FLGS is having a sale and they are selling the Shadow War Armageddon rulebook. As far as I've understood it, it should basically be the old Necromunda but with 40k armies instead of gangs. Anyone tried it, and would it be worth grabbing? I am kinda thinking for a way to use my random collection of various 40k minis in a game, and this could be one possibility. I guess Kill Team would be more modern, but just looking at the enormous amounts of various cards, rules and packs you can't even get for that anymore Shadow War actually seems like a more complete skirmish game to me.

It is actually a pretty good game. Certainly something I would rather play as part of a bigger campaign that as a stand alone game, and I think it works better than Kill Team for campaigns unless you are just doing one offs.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

glitchkrieg posted:

Really? Arena was awesome and my whole scene loved it, before the game store permanently closed and COVID killed the idea of playing in FLGS's anyway.

Man, I miss playing Kill Team weekly at a store less than ten minutes from my house. :(

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Set posted:

TBH all you really need its the KT rulebook. The extras are just that - extras, and not a requirement.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

food court bailiff posted:

Really? Arena was awesome and my whole scene loved it, before the game store permanently closed and COVID killed the idea of playing in FLGS's anyway.

Man, I miss playing Kill Team weekly at a store less than ten minutes from my house. :(

Yeah, I’ve only played Arena a handful of times, but I vastly prefer it to the normal KT rules. I really like the way it makes sure that no one gets hosed over by terrain replacement.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Also, I got really bored over lockdown:

Actually, this isn't even anything. I'm just terrible at taking photos of dozens of models.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Atlas Hugged posted:

a BaaalroG of MorrrDor!

its good!

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Set posted:

I prefer shadow war to kill team honestly but it’s not really balanced all the extra armies were added adhoc when a box they made to sell terrain blew up unexpectedly because surprisingly people are really hungry for good skirmish games.

But overall it’s campaign system works really well and the minor bits of customization you get really make your dudes feel unique.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Robert Facepalmer posted:

that's kinda disappointing considering how good some of the other boxed sets have been.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

CODChimera posted:

that's kinda disappointing considering how good some of the other boxed sets have been.

It's weirdly overpriced. If the photos are accurate, it doesn't even come with terrain or deployment cards like all the other sets have come with (though it may just use charts in the Catacombs supplement book.)

IMO, it's not a good value - you're paying $40 more for this set vs the original Warcry core, but there was more terrain in the first set, so you got far more for your money.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Yeah but the flamybois are hot af?

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Atlas Hugged posted:

Atlas Hugged posted:

Also, I got really bored over lockdown:

Actually, this isn't even anything. I'm just terrible at taking photos of dozens of models.

These look amazing, I love hobbit-postin'!!!

Hobbit-postin': I generally feel like I "get" proxies and WYSIWYG in 40K/AoS, but how do Middle-earth peeps feel about counts-as models? My specific example:

Whoa, elves! Those are some janky looking elves though. Sure wish there were some better ones GW made!

Oh hey, that's better. But those are MIRKWOOD ELVES. Which aren't the same thing.

Would MESBG players be grumpy if I used Mirkwood elves as normal Lothlorien wood elves? assume their weapons and stuff are WYSIWYG

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I don't actually play the game. I play Warlords of Erehwon and mix and match model ranges all the time. Were I to play, I would play with friends and no one would care if I used proxies. What other players do, I couldn't say.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Schadenboner posted:

Yeah but the flamybois are hot af?

Flamybois will most likely be available as a standalone set shortly after Catacombs drops.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
The scatter terrain is nice, but that'll probably sold separately as well, for a cost that'll make getting it and an original box of warcry a much better value.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.

Needed a Star Player for Blood Bowl, so I sculpted it up. Then realized I’d be better off using different inducements, so now I just kinda have him.

Season’s going okay: got a 3-2-1 record, putting me in 4th overall, tied with another player and then close enough to pull into 2nd with the last regular game before the playoffs.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

The scatter terrain is nice, but that'll probably sold separately as well, for a cost that'll make getting it and an original box of warcry a much better value.

I thought they were including a chunk (around half) of the original Warcry terrain in the new set as well

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

ineptmule posted:

I thought they were including a chunk (around half) of the original Warcry terrain in the new set as well

They are, but the other half (doorways and some goofy bridges) certainly isn't equal in value to the original box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Between Warcry and Underworlds, do all the gods have a mortal gang now?

E: I guess Nurgle doesn't (unless the snakebois are that but venom isn't exactly disease?)