Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1319302058445578241

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Ah, problem solved.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Hey this is cool as heck

https://twitter.com/CBSSports/status/1318212963996663810?s=19

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Hell yeah let's go the Bills baby, love da Bills.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

And thus ends the Rapsheet twitter suspension.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Rapsheet did nothing wrong.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Man if we could’ve gotten him for a second rounder I’ll be so sad...

Although Ogbah is oddly kinda kicking rear end

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

wandler20 posted:

And thus ends the Rapsheet twitter suspension.

What an embarrassing thing to break as your comeback

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Amy Pole Her posted:

Man if we could’ve gotten him for a second rounder I’ll be so sad...

Although Ogbah is oddly kinda kicking rear end

Suspect he would have kicked up a fuss about not going to a contender

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
There’s always the whole free Will thing we’ve gotta deal with

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Holy poo poo, I knew he was "always injured" but I thought that was like a slight exaggeration

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

sourdough posted:

Holy poo poo, I knew he was "always injured" but I thought that was like a slight exaggeration

He’s got a worse injury record than Bob Sanders.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Ngakoue is from Maryland and played for the Terrapins in college which makes it even cooler

I loving love Eric DeCosta

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Oct 22, 2020

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Why did you curse it!!!

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
drat looks like there's no football this week either, wowie two weeks in a row without Thursday night football that's crazy

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

they probably just said "Call us when you're actually in shape"

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

EmbryoSteve posted:

How are the seahawks not doing this trade

Its probably a mixture of a lack of cap space (i think they're at 7m left?) And not much draft capital. I doubt they want to skip both the first and second rounds of the draft.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

AndrewP posted:

they probably just said "Call us when you're actually in shape"

More likely they thought Bryant wasn't worth cutting into a cheap promising player like Boykin's snaps. Then they saw Boykin play the last 6 weeks.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

The Puppy Bowl posted:

More likely they thought Bryant wasn't worth cutting into a cheap promising player like Boykin's snaps. Then they saw Boykin play the last 6 weeks.

Thats what I am thinking--though I don't see Bryant being much better. I guess Julio Jones would be too expensive.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

in light of this trade here's a cool tweet about two current Ravens

https://twitter.com/BrandonThornNFL/status/1042432677649932290

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Word on the internet street is that its a combo of both. Dez looked "awful" in august and Boykin also sucks.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

hughesta posted:

drat looks like there's no football this week either, wowie two weeks in a row without Thursday night football that's crazy

You’re not a true football fan if you don’t want to see the Eagles-Giants Clownball-Shitstorm. :colbert:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
It wasn't Baker with the broken rib

https://twitter.com/Jake_Trotter/status/1319299862270255105?s=20

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I think people just got mixed up when they heard the Browns' #1 QB had a broken rib.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
The Vikings blowing it up is all playing into my, and Bills, fantasy leading Jimmy back here

Shanahan can get either his lover Kirk Cousins back or Matt Ryan and then Bill get his favorite son Jimmy back

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Wow tonight’s game is a joke.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

opposable thumbs.db posted:

Schefter is so very wrong, not even close to getting most back

1. Vikings had to pay him some amount
2. Difference between a Vikings second and a Ravens third will be almost two full rounds
3. Whoever lets him walk will get a comp pick

Yeah, that's like pick 40 (Vikes 2nd) and 100 (3rd round comp) in exchange for pick 90 (Ravens 3rd).

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Wow tonight’s game is a joke.

How can you not be hyped to see a battle between two potential first place teams?

Sono fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Oct 22, 2020

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

If only someone could have seen this Kirkus "Kissing" Cousins fiasco being an expensive turd too big to flush with municipal water pressure and current toilet technology

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

sweet thursday posted:

If only someone could have seen this Kirkus "Kissing" Cousins fiasco being an expensive turd too big to flush with municipal water pressure and current toilet technology

I'm so glad you and that avatar are back. I still wink back at it when I see it.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
One of the two teams tonight will host a playoff game because the other two teams in that division can hardly even field an offense due to injury.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I'm so glad you and that avatar are back. I still wink back at it when I see it.

<3 <3

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1319322447104139265

lol the NFL is trying to see if they can Titans the Raiders.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The NFL is said to have video of the Raiders offensive line engaged in a passionate make-out session in a dramatic flaunting of Covid-19 protocols

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Spoeank posted:

Better call up those practice squad linemen lol

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Brady lucks out again, Raiders play TB this weekend

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Spoeank posted:

Even better if the Raiders also mimic the Titans & start ripping off wins while going all us-vs-them mentality.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Adun posted:

Best thing the Vikings could’ve done. Excited to watch Clemson games now

Lawrence is mobile Peyton Manning, i really dont want the vikings to get him

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Danielle Hunter out for the season.

:rip: Vikings

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

pmchem posted:

Brady lucks out again, Raiders play TB this weekend

No wonder the NFL is after them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

re: ngakoue

quote:

Ngakoue made it abundantly clear he wasn't going to continue playing for the Jaguars after being designated as franchise player for $17.788 million. He wanted out Jacksonville so badly he put his money where his mouth is. In order to facilitate a trade to Minnesota, Ngakoue took over a 30 percent pay cut from his unsigned $17.788 million franchise tender. He is making $12 million to play this season for the Vikings.

Ngakoue borrowed the franchise player pay cut concept from edge rusher Jadeveon Clowney, who took approximately $1 million less when traded from the Texans to Seahawks shortly before the start of last season. Clowney was able to finagle a clause preventing the Seahawks from designating him as a franchise or transition player once his one-year contract expired.

Given how big of a haircut Ngakoue has taken financially, it's shocking that he didn't get a clause like Clowney preventing a franchise or transition designation during the offseason. The absence of this type of clause should have been a deal breaker for Ngakoue with such a sizable pay cut.

The financial hit Ngakoue is taking gets compounded because of the franchise tag calculations. In most cases a second franchise tag is a 20 percent raise over the initial designation. In Ngakoue's case, he stands to make roughly $27.5 million on two franchise tags instead of $39,123,600 if designated twice without the pay cut.

Ngakoue should regret that he didn't get a tag prohibition clause similar to Clowney's. He is currently tied for fourth in the NFL with five sacks and on pace for a career high of 13. Although the 2021 salary cap is expected to take a steep drop because of the coronavirus pandemic, Ngakoue likely would have been a hot commodity if assured of hitting the open market in the offseason. That's because players in their prime who can get consistent pressure on opposing quarterbacks and take them down are typically paid a premium in free agency.

Equally troubling is the long lasting ramifications for other franchise players Ngakoue's decisions may have. Ngakoue may have set a new precedent where a franchise player who is unhappy with his situation may have to take a steep pay cut where the acquiring team can still restrict him once his one year contract expires in order to get a change of scenery.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents-take-travis-kelce-amari-cooper-contracts-among-six-flawed-2020-deals/