Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Inspector Gesicht posted:

The cast is compromised of all of Kojima's western friends, and since you wouldnt go through the effort of hiding a famous person under an original character design, you have both their faces and their digital likeness. Fuckin Troy Baker plays himself. It just feals creatively bankrupt to rely on big names and faces to carry your videogame story. Also the least known actor, Tommy Earl Jenkins, bagged the best performance.

I didn't mind, but it was weirdly inconsistent. You have Norman Reedus modeled as the main character and voicing himself along with several others, but then Guillermo Del Toro and Nicholas Winding Refn are both body scanned into the game but voiced by someone else. It was a strange decision to put them in the game, but only half way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I'd definitely never heard the utterance "Norman Reedus" pass any being's lips prior to the Death Stranding Hype cycle. Or since, for that matter. I don't read Entertainment Weekly cover to cover or anything though so w/e.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The Moon Monster posted:

I'd definitely never heard the utterance "Norman Reedus" pass any being's lips prior to the Death Stranding Hype cycle. Or since, for that matter. I don't read Entertainment Weekly cover to cover or anything though so w/e.

Well maybe if you'd answered my calls

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The Moon Monster posted:

You missed The Walking Dead craze?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Len posted:

You missed The Walking Dead craze?

No one has that kind of divine protection

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Or anything at all from this list?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Reedus

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Motherfucker you trying to tell me you've never seen Deuces Wild?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Len posted:

Or anything at all from this list?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Reedus

None of it.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

The Moon Monster posted:

is this just an "lol popular culture :smug:" gimmick?

Because my parents who've never seen TWD still recognize him and know he's a famous celebrity just from the sheer cultural saturation that was The Walking Dead.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
This has to be a "I don't own a TV thing" because I didn't get far into the walking dead or watch any Boondock Saints movies but still heard about his involvement in all of them to an extreme degree. To say no one had ever heard of him before Death Stranding is insane.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

why does he always look wet

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Norman Reedus is transparently the type of fake name that's an anagram for A Demon's Rerun or something like that.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Normal Wheatus

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

And just who was this Kiefer Sutherland guy anyway? No one even said his name before MGS V. A total nobody.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

If it helps I also was not aware norman reedus was in walking dead, even though in hindsight i think i have seen the character he plays and death standing. I just kinda never made the connection because i don't really think about celebrities often.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Yeah I hadn't heard of him before Death Standing but I knew basically nothing about TWD.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The only actors I know are Gary Oldman, Samuel.Jackson, Patrick Stewart and Robin Williams, I don't believe any of you, Norman Reedus isn't real. :colbert:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I didn't mind, but it was weirdly inconsistent. You have Norman Reedus modeled as the main character and voicing himself along with several others, but then Guillermo Del Toro and Nicholas Winding Refn are both body scanned into the game but voiced by someone else. It was a strange decision to put them in the game, but only half way.

Del Toro, at least, was too busy to voice his character in the game, but Kojima still wanted him in, partly because they're friends and partly as a way of making up for P.T.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You people ain’t seen Blade 2!?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

How can anybody complain about celebrity casting in a game that features Conan O'Brien as himself in the post apocalypse desperate for somebody to tell jokes to.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

rodbeard posted:

How can anybody complain about celebrity casting in a game that features Conan O'Brien as himself in the post apocalypse desperate for somebody to tell jokes to.

The thing dragging Death Stranding down is that Conan O'Brien just randomly being in the game would be the funniest thing to spring on someone out of nowhere, but everyone who'd play that much would already know he's there, and anyone that'd have a surprise impact on wouldn't get that far.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

This has to be a "I don't own a TV thing" because I didn't get far into the walking dead or watch any Boondock Saints movies but still heard about his involvement in all of them to an extreme degree. To say no one had ever heard of him before Death Stranding is insane.

I do own a television and have watched a few episodes of The Walking Dead, but I'd never heard of him until Death Stranding.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Cleretic posted:

The thing dragging Death Stranding down is that Conan O'Brien just randomly being in the game would be the funniest thing to spring on someone out of nowhere, but everyone who'd play that much would already know he's there, and anyone that'd have a surprise impact on wouldn't get that far.
Also that players lit up Conan's tiny hidden cave like Christmas in Vegas.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

FFXII: The Zodiac Age Unlike a lot of RPGs money stays useful throughout. Also unlike a lot of RPGs is that money is hard to come by unless you grind. There's no shortage of farming methods but if you're playing normally you will find yourself always out of pocket. Even killing a 100,000 hp dragon will give you only 3000 gil, when endgame gear cost 20,000 apiece. It's a testament to how slow the game is that it's a selling point of TZA that you can double or quadruple the game-speed, or cheat in max gil with the provided cheats.

As much as it make little sense that killing a giant spider somehow coughs up 300 coins, it's far better than the spider only dropping a leg 20% of the time that will sell for 10 coins.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Tunicate posted:

Norman Reedus is transparently the type of fake name that's an anagram for A Demon's Rerun or something like that.

Deer man on us

Rod sean men ur

Demon sure ar

Checks out

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
Norman's Reedu

Capital Letdown
Oct 5, 2006
i still cant fix red text avs someone tell me the bbcode for that im an admin and dont know this lmao

Hardcordion posted:

Norman's Reedu

Hm. That was very good for a first try. Here is a ball - perhaps you would like to bounce it?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I was hoping someone had made an edit of the No Man's Sky boxart to turn it into "Nor Man's Reedus" but I can't find one so just imagine I posted it and it was funny

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The new Doom Eternal DLC is really tough! I probably shouldn’t have set it to Ultra Violence for my first go at it.

I’ve reached the final boss and decided to backtrack and get collectibles before fighting it, but there’s a bug that makes a shootable switch needed to access a secret unshootable unless you do it as soon as you can. I could restart the level, but ugggghh.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The dlc really is brutal. It reminds me of Episode 4 of OG Doom, which was released later around the time of Doom 2 and is vastly more difficult on UV than the other eps. Hope you like killing cacodemons with the pistol and fighting hell barons with only the single shotgun!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Captain Monkey posted:

Don’t worry, with everyone now going outside without masks, we’ll likely be quarantined again for July.

I just wanna say I'm way behind on this thread but came across this post and it made me wanna cry.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

It bothers me that Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2 doesn't have a simple party skate mode where you can do normal levels with a few of your friends. Seems like a big oversight.

edit: weird it turns out that there was just an update that added this exact thing. nevermind then!

Manager Hoyden has a new favorite as of 19:56 on Oct 22, 2020

Herr Bazooka
May 21, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Hope you like killing cacodemons with the pistol and fighting hell barons with only the single shotgun!
For me its Tuesday

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Who's this Normal Reader guy anyway.

End boss Of SGaG*
Aug 9, 2000
I REPORT EVERY POST I READ!
I don't like 9s' hacking minigame in Nier Automata. It's fine for the scripted sequences and bosses and stuff, but it's annoying that one of his main attacks against normal enemies is so tedious but overpowered. I think he should have had like a random status effect blast as his basic hack, with an upgrade that lets you do the minigame for the self destruct or mind control versions.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Serial Cleaner seems like it would be pretty fun except that the weird colour palette and camera angle makes it impossible for me to tell where it's safe to stand and I failed the first level about a dozen times because I could never tell if I was behind cover or not. Based on the screenshots on the store page, some of the later levels look a lot better, but even when you can tell what things are some of the things that apparently block line of sight make no sense.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
This forced romantic sub plot in the DLC for Assassins Creed Odyssey is about to kill me from lameness. I like my AC protags to be sexless virgin killing machines thank you.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

This forced romantic sub plot in the DLC for Assassins Creed Odyssey is about to kill me from lameness. I like my AC protags to be sexless virgin killing machines thank you.

I think you played it wrong.

I think my Alexios banged like a dozen people at the very least before suddenly falling in love with some noname joker.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

darkwasthenight posted:

Entirely petty complaint but you can get all the Spiritfarer achievements in a single run EXCEPT for exactly one, which is a mid-game decision with two achievements for taking either branch. So now I'm going to be forever sat at 39/40 because it's way too far into the game to do a quick completionist run and while it's been a fun and chill collectathon to blast through it's not really a game I feel holds much replay value once you know the story outline.

While annoying, there is a way to get both trophies in one play: when you get up to that decision, save and return to title. Load the game, pick one option, wait for the trophy to pop, then close the game (without saving and returning to title). Now when you load up the game you’ll still be there before the trophy and can make the other choice

Unfortunately, there’s one other trophy that can be hard or impossible to get and that’s the one that involves getting every spirit to the highest mood rating. One of them (Elena) is notoriously difficult to make happy since you can’t hug her and improving her house actually lowers her mood. The only active option is feeding her, but if Gustav or Atul (or both) are still around, they occasionally play instruments when they’re happy and that can also raise Elena’s mood. If neither one is on the boat anymore, your best bet is just feeding her food she likes, hoping she visits Gustav’s gallery, and hoping that the ebb and flow of her mood comes together with all that to get her to the highest state. I’m not sure if it’s even possible without Gustav or Atul but it seems difficult and unlikely at best

e: lol, whoops, didn’t realize I was quoting a post from 20 pages ago

Kit Walker has a new favorite as of 14:52 on Oct 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I liked how Altaïr's side of his story ended when his successor was conceived, as the Animus couldn't access anything further

so of course they had to make up precursor memory discs to let you see more of his life