Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Whaaaaaaaat are you doing Fuzoroi No Renri :ohdear:

Please do not set up a relationship between a teacher and her student, because 1. there's a worrying age gap involved and 2. they're student and teacher which is another big no-no.
Seriously do not head in that direction. Desist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

If the age gap is the issue i'd hate to tell you about the main couple.

E: Not that you shouldn't care or anything, but I think the comic's already shown its hand in that regard.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
this is the first weird couple mikanuji has ever drawn

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
yeah like, the main couple also just... has some abusive undertones to it. like totally fine if you get bother by this development, but I mean mangaka likes it messy

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Skirt Sings at the Landing released its second chapter, and I'm now quite convinced that this one's a keeper.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

If the age gap is the issue i'd hate to tell you about the main couple.

E: Not that you shouldn't care or anything, but I think the comic's already shown its hand in that regard.

Yeah but the main couple are both adults, in this case one of them is a minor. I kinda feel this is an important distinction.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Mikl posted:

Yeah but the main couple are both adults, in this case one of them is a minor. I kinda feel this is an important distinction.

She's a third year, so it is possible she's 18.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

ZiegeDame posted:

She's a third year, so it is possible she's 18.

Might be, yeah. There's still the slight problem that they have a teacher-student relationship, which makes me give it the side-eye a bit. (Note that I like this manga, and I love reading about messy relationships, it's just that... Things are iffy in this case.)

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Quick, read about Cinderella Matchmaking from the White Lilies in Love BRIDE's Newlywed Yuri Anthology right now!

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
JK-chan and Her Male Classmate's Mom

Comedy where a lesbian girl with a thing for older women meets her classmate's mom and immediately falls head over heels in love.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nagori Yu delivers more of what the people need (mildly :nws:). (Playfully aggressive tall women).

chumbler fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Oct 22, 2020

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Also manga with the [dark skin] tag, because who doesn't like that.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

It ends a bit abruptly, I feel.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

iospace posted:

It ends a bit abruptly, I feel.

It's chapter 1, her stuff is almost always ongoing.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

It's chapter 1, her stuff is almost always ongoing.

Need more 5 witches and their apprentice.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I enjoy checking this thread. I do not enjoy ongoing database issues. I waannnaaa reead.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
BONUS...zone
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1080310/1
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1080309/1

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I feel like I have seen goons posting about this series for like a year and a half by now, is the sister dating the wife yet?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Red Bones posted:

I feel like I have seen goons posting about this series for like a year and a half by now, is the sister dating the wife yet?

No.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
The mangadex post doesn't have any tag for yuri or romance or the like. I'm pretty sure this is purely an instance of shipping, not actual romance lol. Also, how much older is the widow than the sister? Isn't the sister 17?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I don't really have any interest in repeating the AniYome arguments and I half agree, but also I don't think what tags a series has on mangadex or any other non-official site has much bearing on it either way

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Gonna lol when several adtrw posters who are not me wake up

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
all you need to do to learn that mangadex tags don't mean anything is check what's under the Tragedy tag

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
the series where the high school girl actually ends up dating her brother's wife just ended and it was very very bad

personally i'm cheering for nozomi x heidi and shino x koizumi

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
There's too many eligible women in this drat manga

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

DisDisDis posted:

Gonna lol when several adtrw posters who are not me wake up

oh dear lmao

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Anyway the problem with this shipping vs actual romance dichotomy is there's no allowance for the author to be subtle or be writing things like sexual tension between people who aren't aware of their own sexuality or would have reasons to instinctually reframe their own feelings as something platonic if they were aware. It makes very limiting assumptions about what gay fiction can be, and you're trusting some dick head mangadex user to make them for you.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

The only time this thread isn't a glorified RSS feed is when people risk their lives and spill blood over cartoon lesbians so honestly you're doing a great thing

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
That's true, however there is an important distinction between 'the author writes with subtlety about unrealized sexual tension to say the characters are developing feelings', 'the author writes with subtlety about unrealized sexual tension to
bait fans with no intention of doing anything', and simply 'the author has not put any thought into it and whatever subtlety is there is either subconscious or reaching on the parts of fans'. The first 1.5 are arguably a canonical development of a relationship, and the last 1.5 are just 'shipping'. Now, where this manga lies on that spectrum is unclear and my original question comes from the threads tendency to frame it as those two characters being together, whether it be glibness about how much they like that ship or not.

lih
May 15, 2013

it's pretty clear it's somewhere around the first of those options, the author has drawn plenty of yuri before and seems very aware of what she's doing lol especially with some of the colour pages. i don't think i'd count any of this as 'baiting' unless it does something really weird like ending with 'everyone suddenly gets straight married to completely new characters' etc.

the real question for me is 'will it go to a weird/uncomfortable place?' and so far thankfully it's managed not to

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
And that leads back to my second question: Just how old is the brother's wife?

lih
May 15, 2013

i don't remember if her exact age was ever given but nozomi seems to clearly be around her mid 20s

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

And that leads back to my second question: Just how old is the brother's wife?
And the answer is: the author's written 13 year old/30 year old agegap before so I don't think this is material.

And also they've written explicit yuri before so I really doubt that the shipteasing is somehow accidental on their part.

DisDisDis posted:

Anyway the problem with this shipping vs actual romance dichotomy is there's no allowance for the author to be subtle or be writing things like sexual tension between people who aren't aware of their own sexuality or would have reasons to instinctually reframe their own feelings as something platonic if they were aware. It makes very limiting assumptions about what gay fiction can be, and you're trusting some dick head mangadex user to make them for you.
so this basically

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

anyway dont trust tags on scanlation sites because every time the scan group i work with has uploaded a yuri manga that vaguely mentions the concept of men existing and women loving them sometimes we get the BISEXUAL tag forced on us by an uncaring god

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Reminder that Mangadex still doesn't have a "transgender" tag, everything is either "crossdressing" or "genderswap" -- the former obviously includes cis people crossdressing, while the latter includes magical gender shenanigans. Which all in all makes cruising for content a crapshoot.

(Not to mention that the comment section for everything even hinting at having trans character is literally hell, with chuds coming out of the wall.)

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
surprisingly, dynasty is a better place than mangadex on that front despite the aforementioned forcing the bisexual tag on anything that mentions women having ever had relationships with men

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i read school zone over the weekend why was i not already reading school zone

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

lih posted:

the series where the high school girl actually ends up dating her brother's wife just ended and it was very very bad

personally i'm cheering for nozomi x heidi and shino x koizumi

Is Koizumi the volleyball manager or the friend who's had a crush on Shino since basically forever? I've forgotten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lih
May 15, 2013

she's the volleyball manager but it's been implied she's had a crush on shino for ages

i don't recall which other friend you're talking about