Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

RoastBeef posted:

Is this why all the old Adult Swim shows had 11 minute episodes?

Serious answer: 11-minute episodes are easier to write in order to hold young attentions, since e.g. you don't need a B-plot and they won't be interrupted by commercials. They're also cheaper to animate (because, well, they're half the length), and in a series that's not continuity-heavy, they give more options for networks to fit episodes into slots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Fister Roboto posted:

It's not gay to love your son, but unfortunately it is extremely gay to produce one.

Quite the paradox!

Having a son is gay. Having a daughter is the ultimate cuck.

You just can't win!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mak0rz posted:

Having a son is gay. Having a daughter is the ultimate cuck.

You just can't win!

Society is built by the children of gay cucks. No wonder it's terrible.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
As gay as it is to love your son, at least Biden didn't publicly state that he wishes he could gently caress him.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Inspector 34 posted:

As gay as it is to love your son, at least Biden didn't publicly state that he wishes he could gently caress him.

I think that means he's a simp.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I thought that was just all parents

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

Serious answer: 11-minute episodes are easier to write in order to hold young attentions, since e.g. you don't need a B-plot and they won't be interrupted by commercials. They're also cheaper to animate (because, well, they're half the length), and in a series that's not continuity-heavy, they give more options for networks to fit episodes into slots.

id also guess those old adult swim shows literally had like 12 dollar budgets and not anywhere near what even the cheapest quibi show had

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Magna Kaser posted:

id also guess those old adult swim shows literally had like 12 dollar budgets and not anywhere near what even the cheapest quibi show had

All the new adult swim shows (except Rick and Morty I guess) have like a 12 dollar budget too.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Unrelated: Eric Andre show back this Sunday, gently caress yeah.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

OwlFancier posted:

Fellas is it gay to love your son?

dad gay, by default

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Australia day is 3 weeks later than that calendar is showing

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

What the gently caress does Australia Day celebrate anyways?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Skwirl posted:

What the gently caress does Australia Day celebrate anyways?

The genocide of brown people

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Inceltown posted:

The genocide of brown people

I thought the called that every other loving day of the week.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

whitefellas get real upset when you call it invasion day, which is a good reason to call it that

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Skwirl posted:

We just pretend it never happened the other 364

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Inceltown posted:

But he didn't ask when Australia day is, he asked where it is. We all need to look for it.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Skwirl posted:

More seriously we celebrate the day Captain Cook decided to give up looking for somewhere nice to call a home and stopped literally one bay before Sydney Harbour and called it good enough.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Make Australia Day Feb 14th imo. Not a huge change, we still get a public holiday.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/krishgm/status/1319042881932447744?s=20

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Inceltown posted:

More seriously we celebrate the day Captain Cook decided to give up looking for somewhere nice to call a home and stopped literally one bay before Sydney Harbour and called it good enough.

Arthur Phillip, not James Cook.

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008

Suppose for a second half the people on here don't know the drama surrounding this, what makes this idiot on social media?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

sick of Applebees posted:

Suppose for a second half the people on here don't know the drama surrounding this, what makes this idiot on social media?

Marcus Rashford is a soccer player that's been campaigning to end child hunger in the UK; he got an MBE for it this month, while a campaign to extend free school lunches over the school holidays was being debated in British parliament.

The Tories stomped on that bill, as Tories are wont to do, and people are understandably loving pissed. This journalist's saying that people should donate to a charity that Rashford supports for this, thus completely missing the point and getting torn apart in the replies because... you know, the government should probably be doing something to solve the crisis, given that the money required to do so is small beans on the 'national funding' scale (1.4 million pounds).

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

sick of Applebees posted:

Our government voted not to feed hungry kids and he's saying rather than complain about it publicly we should pay for it ourselves. Meanwhile our taxes go on non-functional services run by friends and family of Tory ministers.

Also the implication that everyone complaining is comfortably middle class and can afford to donate their food budget to charity, and are hypocrites for not doing so. It presents a failure of government (the number of children living in food poverty in the UK is astonishing, and they voted not to help solve it yesterday) as a failure of the public for not being charitable enough.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

"I wonder how many children's meals could be paid for if [those people making a fuss] could afford to donate their daily food expenditure to charity" except it's intended as a slam on the people that give a poo poo but can't afford to donate enough to make a huge difference while making sure they themselves don't starve?

or at least that's how i read and understood it

it's very "gosh the economic system you propose might work if the people lacking money/food/shelter had enough money/food/shelter to contribute to other people lacking money/food/shelter!"

stringless has a new favorite as of 13:41 on Oct 22, 2020

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

FFT posted:

"I wonder how many children's meals could be paid for if [those people making a fuss] could afford to donate their daily food expenditure to charity" except it's intended as a slam on the people that give a poo poo but can't afford to donate enough to make a huge difference while making sure they themselves don't starve?

or at least that's how i read and understood it

it's very "gosh the economic system you propose might work if the people lacking money/food/shelter had enough money/food/shelter to contribute to other people lacking money/food/shelter!"

Come to think of it, I haven't heard the argument "If we give billionaires enough money, they will eventually decide to feed & house the poor out of the kindness of their own hearts" in a while. I guess it gets kind of hard to defend when they already have literally all the money.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

This story is everywhere in the UK right now and the whole thing is even worse when you remember that all food and drink in the houses of Parliament is heavily subsidised by the tax payer and really cheap.

Haven't even got some iosm, just pretty annoyed. I'll go find some stupid.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Cleretic posted:

Marcus Rashford is a soccer player that's been campaigning to end child hunger in the UK; he got an MBE for it this month, while a campaign to extend free school lunches over the school holidays was being debated in British parliament.

The Tories stomped on that bill, as Tories are wont to do, and people are understandably loving pissed. This journalist's saying that people should donate to a charity that Rashford supports for this, thus completely missing the point and getting torn apart in the replies because... you know, the government should probably be doing something to solve the crisis, given that the money required to do so is small beans on the 'national funding' scale (1.4 million pounds).

Some additional context in case you're not British. Children of families on low income get free school meals, this is a big part of the social welfare planning and very important for those families that are really struggling. Because of COVID those kids were not going to school so did not get the free meals, adding additional costs onto the families that can afford it the least. The government started to issue vouchers to those parents that qualified to get food to replace the free school meals.

So Marcus Rashford, the footballer here, got involved in the campaign and made the government back down and issue free school meal vouchers to parents over the summer holidays as well. This is the continuation of that campaign to try to make the government keep doing this over other holidays. The parents cannot afford enough food during term time, so obviously they cannot afford enough during the holidays.

Unless you're a Tory in which case you think this situation is fine.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
"No need for government assistance, we have everything we need! Well, except the people who don't."

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
https://twitter.com/9_volt_/status/1319332848764133376

Chaser:

https://twitter.com/alex_navarro/status/1319330381351583744

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I kinda respect the balls of someone who openly admits to being involved with rear end Creed 3 and Spore.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Imagine misreading the industry so hard you don't realize streamers have been the greatest gift to video game marketing ever.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Inceltown posted:

There's no way he didn't realize he was looking at December.

He also seems like the kind of person who would double down when challenged and never admit error. A.k.a. a boomer.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

1stGear posted:

Imagine misreading the industry so hard you don't realize streamers have been the greatest gift to video game marketing ever.

Brain as smooth as a theoretical physics experiment ball.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

1stGear posted:

I was really surprised to learn Among Us came out in 2018. I also heard World of Warcraft: BFA saw a huge boost in subscribers coinciding with people streaming mythic raid races.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
This guy was creative director of Journey to the Savage Planet? That game was pretty forgettable, but the one thing I do remember is how wildly its whole theme was anti-capitalist. There was constant, heavy themes of "corporations are always bad", outright stating billionaires are immoral just by existing, and repeated instances of people trying to copyright/charge for ridiculous things (like here). The themes were everywhere and not subtle.
Surely you're not telling me a corporate product touting anti-corporatism was merely performative?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lol

https://twitter.com/ThatPacmanDude/status/1319342193312714754?s=20

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

wizzardstaff posted:

"No need for government assistance, we have everything we need! Well, except the people who don't."

you smug fucks are gonna feel real smart staring down PM Doug Ford

LordSaturn has a new favorite as of 20:27 on Oct 22, 2020

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Aramoro posted:

Some additional context in case you're not British. Children of families on low income get free school meals, this is a big part of the social welfare planning and very important for those families that are really struggling. Because of COVID those kids were not going to school so did not get the free meals, adding additional costs onto the families that can afford it the least. The government started to issue vouchers to those parents that qualified to get food to replace the free school meals.

So Marcus Rashford, the footballer here, got involved in the campaign and made the government back down and issue free school meal vouchers to parents over the summer holidays as well. This is the continuation of that campaign to try to make the government keep doing this over other holidays. The parents cannot afford enough food during term time, so obviously they cannot afford enough during the holidays.

Unless you're a Tory in which case you think this situation is fine.

A few years back, didn't the Tories pass a bunch of cuts to social services that were so severe the loving Lords stepped up and blocked them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
https://techcrunch.com/2020/10/22/d...MgEveiUl-3W5SzY

the :chaostrump:article posted:

A Dutch security researcher says he accessed President Trump’s @realDonaldTrump Twitter account last week by guessing his password: “maga2020!”.

Victor Gevers, a security researcher at the GDI Foundation and chair of the Dutch Institute for Vulnerability Disclosure, which finds and reports security vulnerabilities, told TechCrunch he guessed the president’s account password and was successful on the fifth attempt.

The account was not protected by two-factor authentication, granting Gevers access to the president’s account.

After logging in, he emailed US-CERT, a division of Homeland Security’s cyber unit Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), to disclose the security lapse, which TechCrunch has seen. Gevers said the president’s Twitter password was changed shortly after.

It’s the second time Gevers has gained access to Trump’s Twitter account.

The first time was in 2016, when Gevers and two others extracted and cracked Trump’s password from the 2012 LinkedIn breach. The researchers took his password — “yourefired” — his catchphrase from the television show The Apprentice — and found it let them into his Twitter account. Gevers reported the breach to local authorities in the Netherlands, with suggestions on how Trump could improve his password security. One of the passwords he suggested at the time was “maga2020!” he said. Gevers said he “did not expect” the password to work years later.