Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

homeless snail posted:

2nite @ 8PM eastern, another hit of live action movies: the very recent and critically acclaimed One Cut of the Dead and the old and forgotten Fuan no Tane

https://cytu.be/r/okayletswatchdramas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

hitler's back, and this time he's sexy

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Aurora posted:

hitler's back, and this time he's sexy
this time?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

2020: hetalia sucks lol its so problematic
2021: spamming this thread full of genderswap america fanart

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Hetalia walked so that Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi could run

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
My only interest in Hetalia came as a result of a dumb youtube shitpost related to this video which I cannot find right now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jivHtHhqEBY

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Endorph posted:

2021?

x
x

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Hmmm, well, no complaints about hetalia here

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Is Hetalia still a thing that's happening? My GF was into it 10 or so years ago but she outgrew it and I haven't heard anything about it in years, apart from recent accusations of being problematic.

I remember liking Germany?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

edit: wrong thread!

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Hentailia.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

NikkolasKing posted:

Is Hetalia still a thing that's happening? My GF was into it 10 or so years ago but she outgrew it and I haven't heard anything about it in years, apart from recent accusations of being problematic.

I remember liking Germany?

https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1319271567973511168

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Looking at volume summaries it seems like World Stars isn't anywhere near as offensive as Axis Powers was. Like it's been running since 2014 without too much attention

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Will probably rile up the "it's racism to make fun of Italians" crowd though

quote:

This chapter reintroduces the concept of the series as Italy makes his way to a meeting and arrives late. After Germany scolds him, Italy embarrasses Germany by showing pictures of him drunk at Oktoberfest. After the meeting, Italy begs Germany to give him a ride home, as his car and many of his possessions have been stolen. While driving, Germany finds it difficult to navigate Italian roadways due to the other drivers, who frequently ignore traffic laws, and continues to follow his car's GPS, even when it puts them in danger of crashing into a building. Upon arriving at their destination, Germany decides to do some sightseeing while he is in Italy.

quote:

The comic opens with an explanation on the differences between German and Italian summers, then segues to Germany's sightseeing as Italy shows him around. However, Italy shows the pickpockets and scam artists who take advantage of tourists and the overly-crowded Spanish steps, much to Germany's annoyance. Italy is confused as America found it fascinating, and Germany lists more desirable locations that they could visit. However, Italy takes this as a compliment, and even Germany admits that it essentially is.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Interesting, thank you.

I wonder if this anime adaptation will be dubbed.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

*putting away my pre-prepared notes on historical revisionism and war crimes denial* It's actually really unfair to characterise an entire nation's drivers like that, guys.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

DisDisDis posted:

i dont get it

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I never saw a pickpocket/scammer in Rome but there were a lot in Paris. Too bad for them that I come from a country where they are small-time in comparison!

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The part about Italian drivers trying to kill you is accurate though

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Endorph posted:

yes! yes!!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

What's Hetalia?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Furnaceface posted:

What's Hetalia?

dumb

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Furnaceface posted:

What's Hetalia?

Imagine if the countries in WWII were anthropomorphized. That's Axis Powers Hetalia.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://open.spotify.com/album/2F7xZ22zn1KZRlM4v6M9de?si=t-mi_Kq1Rwaw-mXZj4500g&utm_source=copy-link

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Chotto Ippai! is good

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Red Minjo posted:

Imagine if the countries in WWII were anthropomorphized. That's Axis Powers Hetalia.

Ah I see.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

verbal enema posted:

Chotto Ippai! is good

I need to get caught up on it.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I want to be the bar owner's wife

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

DisDisDis posted:

I want to be the bar owner's wife

this but husband but i just want to eat and drink with Sake Lady

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I also want to be sake lady in this arrangement. Respect.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

DisDisDis posted:

I also want to be sake lady in this arrangement. Respect.

babes who drink BOTTLES of sake are the best

drat now i want sake

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I fired up Megalobox just to gawk at the 80stastic design and poo poo got me hooked.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
goemon 4 is one of the worst video games i've played in my life

never played a game that asks me to hurt my right thumb so much

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I was gonna crack open a bottle of sake for riding out insomnia but we have an open bottle of wine already and I don't wanna drink *that* much

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

The Colonel posted:

goemon 4 is one of the worst video games i've played in my life

never played a game that asks me to hurt my right thumb so much

Ive only played Goemon 64

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

verbal enema posted:

Ive only played Goemon 64

the n64 games seem generally solid

once i beat goemon 4 i'll have beaten all the snes goemon games and. i can very definitively say that goemon 2 is the only super nintendo goemon game that. isn't kind of terrible. these are the kinds of games people hype up for the weird ideas they have and then you play them and it's like wow everything about these games is actively loving tedious. goemon 4 literally takes goemon 2's gameplay and finds ways to make it suck rear end

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Irony Be My Shield posted:

mods?!

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

The Colonel posted:

the n64 games seem generally solid

once i beat goemon 4 i'll have beaten all the snes goemon games and. i can very definitively say that goemon 2 is the only super nintendo goemon game that. isn't kind of terrible. these are the kinds of games people hype up for the weird ideas they have and then you play them and it's like wow everything about these games is actively loving tedious. goemon 4 literally takes goemon 2's gameplay and finds ways to make it suck rear end

Tbh this feels like a lot of untranslated games imho, like how now it’s agreed that Lost Levels is the worst mainline Mario but back in the day people used it as an example of how we got screwed over. Or how Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance had its highest difficulty taken out of the US release due to JP fan feedback and when people actually played it it turns out it’s largely a tedious slog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
The grass is always greener when there's a language barrier to playing it.