Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Why do you need a carbon steel wok unless you're planning to sharpen it and use it to kill people?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

OwlFancier posted:

Why do you need a carbon steel wok unless you're planning to sharpen it and use it to kill people?

I make stir frys.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Milo and POTUS posted:

Goons don't really know poo poo about food they just like to be assholes

hey gently caress you buddy

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

https://twitter.com/hotterdad/status/1319479916996550656

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

OwlFancier posted:

Do you know anything about metals besides which are the best for making very hard and sharp, but corrosion-prone swords and knives?

I'm not trying to be a dick, "carbon steel" describes a large range of unalloyed steels, they tend to be cheap, not very tough, and very hard, so they're good for things like knives (but you have to keep them from corroding) and woks, where you don't want the thermal and regular mass and casting defects of cast-iron, but you want to get close at a low price, and you don't want the warping and other problems aluminum alloys have.

Carbon Steel is one of the cheapest metals you can buy, aside from pig iron.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Elviscat posted:

Do you know anything about metals besides which are the best for making very hard and sharp, but corrosion-prone swords and knives?

I'm not trying to be a dick, "carbon steel" describes a large range of unalloyed steels, they tend to be cheap, not very tough, and very hard, so they're good for things like knives (but you have to keep them from corroding) and woks, where you don't want the thermal and regular mass and casting defects of cast-iron, but you want to get close at a low price, and you don't want the warping and other problems aluminum alloys have.

Carbon Steel is one of the cheapest metals you can buy, aside from pig iron.

I, for one, do not agree with forcing pigs to work in foundries. It's just asking for trouble.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!
pig iron on his hip

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Facebook Aunt posted:

I, for one, do not agree with forcing pigs to work in foundries. It's just asking for trouble.

Well if you don't force them to do labor useful to society they tend to wander the streets issuing stupid traffic citations and oppressing POC.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Worse yet, you let those pigs out in the wild with no supervision they'll gang up in groups of 30-50 & attack you & your kids in your yard.

Too bad you banned AR-15's to protect your family. Why would you do that?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

hey gently caress you buddy

They aint wrong tho

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I think they mean "what's stored in the balls?"

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

OwlFancier posted:

Maybe that's exactly what I'm doing smart guy

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

Goons don't really know poo poo about food they just like to be assholes

This is the most true thing I've ever seen written.

DrDraxium
Dec 2, 2002

Plz state the nature of the medical emergency

Byzantine posted:

pig iron on his hip

:eyepop:

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Well what do you propose to do? Kill 10-30 them? Texas red already has those notches, but drat that's like 1-5 reloads.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

CPColin posted:

How come the most vocal owners of cast iron cookware are always the ones with the shittiest loving seasoning?

Cargo cult cooking.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Cargo cult cooking.

Like, are you trying to get swarmed by lovely photos of goon cooking??

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Cargo cult cooking.

Cutting fresh basil with special herb scissors into my cheapest pack of instant ramen being cooked in a cast iron pan, without water.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

When Colin Fry (a British TV psychic) died, my brother tweeted something along the lines of "RIP Reverend Colin Fry, a genuine psychic who could actually talk to ghosts. Enjoy your eternal busman's holiday" and it might well have been the funniest drat thing I ever did see.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Flint_Paper posted:

When Colin Fry (a British TV psychic) died, my brother tweeted something along the lines of "RIP Reverend Colin Fry, a genuine psychic who could actually talk to ghosts. Enjoy your eternal busman's holiday" and it might well have been the funniest drat thing I ever did see.

lol your brother uses twitter lmao

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

People who do any of the following: cook with cast-iron pans, drink dark roast, vape, smoke cabbanis, read anime, watch manga, play multi-player on-line games, wear trilbys, wear fedoras, sit on Aerons, ever use the imperial system, motorcycle; are the same people who still donate to Lowtax's Patreon.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

How do finnish independents vote?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ignite Memories posted:

How do finnish independents vote?

you have to ask?

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

you have to ask?

It's pretty common that people vote for a dead person, sometimes they even win

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Cargo cult cooking.
Owning a pickup truck that never tows anything, goes off-road, or gets get bed dirty

In other words

CAST IRON PANS ARE NOT A PERSONALITY

They're pretty nice pans though.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

hell yeah

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BasicLich posted:

It's pretty common that people vote for a dead person, sometimes they even win

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

3D Megadoodoo posted:

you have to ask?

e:

axolotl farmer has a new favorite as of 14:23 on Oct 23, 2020

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Those women actually have two dicks.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

That's a statistical error, the average Klingon woman has fewer than one dick. Shelka the Deathless who was created by the old gods and forges for herself new dicks of fire and steel every day is an outlier and should not have been counted

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

Klingons are good allies

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

RustyKnight posted:

Klingons are good allies

they certainly do stick to you, in a lovely situation

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

RUOTSALAIS AKU TULEE

e: I was trying to find Estonian memes but I think I have the wrong search terms because it's all

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 15:09 on Oct 23, 2020

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

RUOTSALAIS AKKU

Swedish Battery Best Battery :sweden:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

3D Megadoodoo posted:

e: I was trying to find Estonian memes but I think I have the wrong search terms because it's all
Lol ... I'm always a bit confused by the Finnish memes in this thread. It's like, I should be able to understand them, but they're more inscrutable than regular day-to-day Finnish.

Most Esto memes I've seen over the years are mocking us as slow Finnish cousins.