Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

the islamists are also fascists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Maya Fey posted:

the islamists are also fascists

No not really plenty of islamists compete in elections and are a normal part of society and believe in elections feel free to read something sometime.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Al-Saqr posted:

No not really plenty of islamists compete in elections and are a normal part of society and believe in elections feel free to read something sometime.

it was just a "the yogurt is also cursed" joke sorry

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
keep going im bringing up the wiki article on the 1933 election

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

It was the fascists who couped the democratically elected Islamists then proceeded to jail/torture/exile all the liberals and leftists

what's your opinion on Morsi, problematic overreacher or Did Nothing Wrong?

and do you think had he been less heavy-handed it would have emboldened a coup anyway? i thought at the time "oh no way the military allows him to rule" but he lasted a whole year until a convenient excuse in the anti-morsi june 2013 protest

were you in cairo at the time or have you been working across the sea for quite awhile?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
looks like a circuit party. fewer laser lights and the music is waaaay shittier though. i'm sticking with the circuit parties

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4SNXUM0X4A

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Morsi isn't really in the same league as the Syrian head-choppers. The Brotherhood has always had democracy as part of it's philosophy and program, and are semi-tolerant of heathens and heretics. They're religious conservatives, but one being in power isn't really bad enough to justify Egypt becoming a fascist dictatorship again.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
anyways let's check up on iran... OH MY GAWD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4NGrjNWmwA

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Zedhe Khoja posted:

Morsi isn't really in the same league as the Syrian head-choppers. The Brotherhood has always had democracy as part of it's philosophy and program, and are semi-tolerant of heathens and heretics. They're religious conservatives, but one being in power isn't really bad enough to justify Egypt becoming a fascist dictatorship again.

Erdogan's AKP is cut from essentially the same political cloth as the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood and those guys are super not genocidal head-choppers; they just empower them!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
you're a loving moron if you think the muslim brotherhood was gonna play nice once it got a real hold on power. they'd have gone the exact same route as every other "religious conservative" movement.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The Saudis and UAE backed the coup against Morsi because he was a Muslim Brother. Other Islamists like the Nour party actually supported the coup, and are still legal while the MB party has been banned.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Erdogan's AKP is cut from essentially the same political cloth as the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood and those guys are super not genocidal head-choppers; they just empower them!

The AKP also had a quite long period where they eased up on stamping the Kurds compared to the secular party.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

genericnick posted:

The AKP also had a quite long period where they eased up on stamping the Kurds compared to the secular party.

yeah because they had other internal enemies to deal with in the form of gulenists and other deep state elements but guess what they're busy doing now.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Atrocious Joe posted:

The Saudis and UAE backed the coup against Morsi because he was a Muslim Brother. Other Islamists like the Nour party actually supported the coup, and are still legal while the MB party has been banned.

yeah no poo poo because he threatened the regional status quo ie an islamist movement that didnt have the backing of the saudis or uae but guess who the egyptian brotherhood did have the back of. oh look its erdogan and the akp.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
your right, western backed "secular" dictators forever for the sand people

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Erdogan and the AKP is a million times more democratic and humane to live under than the Arab fascist order and that’s saying something, you’d have to be either a complete loving idiot or insanely blind to think the MB having erdogans backing is a knock against them. Becoming more like Turkey would be an insane step forward compared to where the Arab world is currently.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
better than fuckers like erdogan trying to rebuild the ottoman caliphate.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Lol you’re a stupid Bozo, also gently caress you the dictatorships of the Arab world are a loving nightmare you idiot.

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 21:36 on Oct 18, 2020

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Darkman Fanpage posted:

get the gently caress out of this forum you dipshit fascist

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
seems ive touched a nerve! :D

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

No you just said something really stupid that’s all.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
why dont you tell me to die about it

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

gently caress em all :shrug:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
MUCHOS MAS

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Turkeys secular strongmen literally annexed territory, funded fundie shitheads abroad, and organized pogroms against their minority populations all the way up until Erdogan taking power. Say what you will about him but he hasn't instigated Bozkurts shoving Alevi babies into loving steam boilers like the Darkmans military strongmen. Pretty much all of Turkey's worst atrocities happened under those freaks.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Darkman Fanpage posted:

[Everyone yells at me for taking a big diarrhea dump in line at Quizno's] Wow looks like everyone's mad at me for -- you guessed it! -- speaking truth to power.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Darkman Fanpage posted:

what is this, 2006

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al-Saqr posted:

Erdogan and the AKP is a million times more democratic and humane to live under than the Arab fascist order

(if you have the correct ethnicity)

Fizzil
Aug 24, 2005

There are five fucks at the edge of a cliff...

I love C-SPAM alot and i disagree with al saqr on some things but he is right about the MB at least respecting democracy. Zedhe Khoja is spot on as well.

Would also like to point out that Tunisian islamists and leftists worked together to also drive away a UAE/Saudi backed candidate, really puts into context how bad monarchies are that other groups would rather die than live under them.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Looks like it's raining men over there.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

https://twitter.com/einbieler/status/1319238889685516289?s=21

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

The SDF has been begging origin countries to take back those prisoners for years. Considering the Turks and FSA set them free whenever they can I don't think its a great place for them to be held, and I really don't think the kurds are happily freeing known ISIS fighters considering how many kurds died driving them out of ne syria

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

That sounds like very lovely framing. The Kurds have been the most diehard ISIS enemies in the region. They have had to abandon entire prisons before because the US abandoned them to die to Turkish bombings. In the past they have lost territory so rapidly they could barely evacuate their own forces and didn't have the capacity or transport to take hundreds of prisoners with them. At that point they can either release the prisoners or execute them all.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/SamEdwardd/status/1240080109857619968

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

you know its bad when the Americans are whistlblowing about someone

australians seem like isis

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
oh so when Australia does it, it's a war crime