Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

I was excited to get a new DIY from Celeste when I saw her roaming around but ended up with a recipe for the tree branch wand. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Slugworth posted:

So I just counted and I've got almost 800 pumpkins in storage. Does uh, anyone need pumpkins?

You could always craft spooky towers and sell them to Nook's for a nice profit. Or hang on to them and create an army of pumpkin carriages.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Nemo2342 posted:

You could always craft spooky towers and sell them to Nook's for a nice profit. Or hang on to them and create an army of pumpkin carriages.

or just wrap them and give them as gifts easier than deciding what to do with them

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Thank to everyone who came by while I passed out and left the Switch on! No idea when it dropped the connection; hope that didn't affect any of you.

Moose-Alini posted:

Messages on the board are the best present there is!

e:

track day bro! posted:

omg you have the real jolly painting! yay! redd has bought the fake one with him so many times :D

Holy crap, the beautiful statue was real, too. I've never bought real art from Redd on my own island, I just assumed it was a fake and wanted it for the graveyard cuz I'm planning some real dark poo poo.

Fleta Mcgurn fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Oct 23, 2020

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Dom made me do a treasure hunt and the treasure was his photo :woop:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Thank to everyone who came by while I passed out and left the Switch on! No idea when it dropped the connection; hope that didn't affect any of you.

e:

Holy crap, the beautiful statue was real, too. I've never bought real art from Redd on my own island, I just assumed it was a fake and wanted it for the graveyard cuz I'm planning some real dark poo poo.

I have a fake Jolly painting if you want it!

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Whoever dropped off the Proper Painting last night, thank you! I needed that one.

I still have two Glowing Paintings to give away if anyone needs one.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Moose-Alini posted:

Whoever dropped off the Proper Painting last night, thank you! I needed that one.

I still have two Glowing Paintings to give away if anyone needs one.

:angel:

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

e:

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
I hated that owl a lot despite having a love for all birds

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Is there any etiquette on getting art? I started playing again a few weeks ago and still don't have any and Blathers won't shut up about it.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
Get lucky when Redd visits and hope he has an authentic piece. You can only buy one per day regardless of island purchases so make an alt in case there is more than one on your island.

Keep an eye on goons posting about Redd visiting.

Ask about possible trades.

There is also time travel.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

It's raining to spread my flowers!

Flick is here to buy my bug pile which will let me get my basement and still have some turnip money left over!

Vivian is visiting the campsite!

Today is a great day!

edit: And Vivian offered to replace Diva without my needing to reset! I'm so happy.

Black Robe fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Oct 23, 2020

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Come to Carcosa!

Redd
is visiting, with fake: Famous Painting, Wild Painting Right Half, Wistful Painting
Legit: Flowery Painting (this one always will be legit btw)

Nook's has: spooky lantern set, colorful wheel, candy, and garbage nip prices.

Able's has striped mage hats, and masquerade masks.

Help yourself to the DIYs, fossils, and other things laying about, and if you'd like to water my black tulips so I can get some gold's that would be super appreciated.

Carcosa awaits!

HKF6W

e: thanks for visiting!

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Oct 23, 2020

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
I’m just chillin around the apartment, so heck I’m gonna open up Eisbär for a while.

Nook’s has candy (obv) rattan bed, grasshopper head, pink mini fridge, moss hall and amp.

Turnips are 118 bells

Redd is here! I already bought one painting and haven’t checked if the others are real but I think there’s a fake Mona Lisa.

Tailor has ruffled dresses, animal hats and bunny hoods....and post-op patch???? Haven’t seen that one before!

I’ve actually been putting up some cool decorations, so come check out my outdoor goth club with gnome go go dancers or the hilltop spooky cemetery!

Spare DIY items are on the lower left beach.

Dodo code is DONE FOR NOW! Leave bulletin board messages!!

CherryCola fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Oct 23, 2020

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Waffle! posted:

Come to Carcosa!

Redd
is visiting, with fake: Famous Painting, Wild Painting Right Half, Wistful Painting

Nook's has: spooky lantern set, colorful wheel, candy, and garbage nip prices.

Able's has striped mage hats, and masquerade masks.

Help yourself to the DIYs, fossils, and other things laying about, and if you'd like to water my black tulips so I can get some gold's that would be super appreciated.

Carcosa awaits!

HKF6W

I was in class, I'll be home in a little bit, I really need some art. Is it possible for you to open up later today or that's it?

CherryCola posted:

I’m just chillin around the apartment, so heck I’m gonna open up Eisbär for a while.

Nook’s has candy (obv) rattan bed, grasshopper head, pink mini fridge, moss hall and amp.

Turnips are 118 bells

Redd is here! I already bought one painting and haven’t checked if the others are real but I think there’s a fake Mona Lisa.

Tailor has ruffled dresses, animal hats and bunny hoods....and post-op patch???? Haven’t seen that one before!

I’ve actually been putting up some cool decorations, so come check out my outdoor goth club with gnome go go dancers or the hilltop spooky cemetery!

Spare DIY items are on the lower left beach.

Dodo code is 8VJD8. Leave bulletin board messages!!

The same... I can come by in a bit. Hope you'll be open. My Switch doesn't connect to the university wifi.

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Oct 23, 2020

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

The Lobster posted:

I was in class, I'll be home in a little bit, I really need some art. Is it possible for you to open up later today or that's it?

Sorry, I'm at work now. How late does Redd stay? I can open again later tonight.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

He’s there until 5 am when the day resets I believe

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

The Lobster posted:

The same... I can come by in a bit. Hope you'll be open. My Switch doesn't connect to the university wifi.

Need a Glowing Painting?

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Moose-Alini posted:

Need a Glowing Painting?

I need every painting haha

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
Hear ye, hear ye! Skyhold is open! Not much going down, to be sure, *but* if you're fixing for star fragments, then we've an Isabelle-announced heavy shower going down.

CLOSED
Thanks visitors.

Edit: Seriously. It is raining stars tonight; get in while the getting is good!
Edit: Celeste is in the southern portion of the island at time of writing...
Edit: Interesting; my first MP error ever... new code generated...

magimix fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Oct 23, 2020

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Thank you for having me CherryCola! My gf wants to go for a walk so I'll be gone for a while. :) See you goons in a bit.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
does anyone know the exact mechanics behind shooting stars

because last night, i had a meteor shower. I was under the impression that you can't get more than 20, so I did ~30 wishes (to make sure there was no overlap or whatever)

today, I turn on the game, and... there's three (3) star pieces on the beach. no libra pieces, no large pieces, just three regular-rear end starbits, not even enough to make another lamp.

what the hell.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Blaziken386 posted:

does anyone know the exact mechanics behind shooting stars

because last night, i had a meteor shower. I was under the impression that you can't get more than 20, so I did ~30 wishes (to make sure there was no overlap or whatever)

today, I turn on the game, and... there's three (3) star pieces on the beach. no libra pieces, no large pieces, just three regular-rear end starbits, not even enough to make another lamp.

what the hell.

They'll continue to spawn throughout the day like shells.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

Did you keep checking throughout the day? They don’t all appear at once. I’ve found (right or wrong) going into buildings and heading back to the beach makes the full amount spawn.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Sometimes you need to clear the beach of all shells. And definitely if you've done a lot of wishes, the stars aren't going to wash ashore all at once -- you'll need to comb the whole beachfront 2-3 times.

Beyond that, yeah, sometimes it doesn't seem like you always get a star for every wish, but usually the final haul is fairly close.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Dodo code is 5TMD1
Single Digits until Halloween as we have another day of the Sand Souci Celebration, open daily in Celebration of Halloween!

I am your gracious host Stonks, High Priest

The main attraction is The General's Fun Park the biggest attraction in Sand Souci. Come see the various stands and purchase goods, ride on one of our four teacups, perform a spooky show on our updated haunted stage, and of course Visit the World Famous Sand Souci Haunted House ! Six rooms of terror await you, can you survive?
The Rooms Include:

The Forbidden Summons
'The Stiching Room'
Graveyard of Villagers Past
Hell Itself
The Laboratory of Madness
The Church of Resurrection

We're at max spookcapacity right now, any spookier and they'll revoke our spook license If you enjoyed your stay please leave a note on our billboard in the town square

Lief is here for any last minute pumpkin or bush needs
Anything at nooks is up for purchase, so help yourself

The ables have pointed animal hats for all your dress up needs, and don't forget your candy at nooks!

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

One night I wished on 100 stars. Next day, over several sweeps, I got 20 regular fragments, 3 large fragments, and 1 astrological fragment. I think that's probably the limit!

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Sometimes you need to clear the beach of all shells. And definitely if you've done a lot of wishes, the stars aren't going to wash ashore all at once -- you'll need to comb the whole beachfront 2-3 times.

Beyond that, yeah, sometimes it doesn't seem like you always get a star for every wish, but usually the final haul is fairly close.
I cleared the beach and did multiple laps - going inside buildings to reset it, doing it again with my second character, and got nothin'. I'd chalk it up to bad luck, but it seems like you get a meteor shower once a month if you're lucky, so I'm annoyed.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

If anyone has an open plot to spare and wants to take in Tangy, the orange peppy cat villager with a leaf for hair, let me know. She's in boxes after getting RNG'd out in exchange for recruiting my campsite visitor.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Anyone notice that you’ll occasionally get five fossils in a day instead of four?

EDIT: Okay, today it was six, I poo poo you not.

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Oct 24, 2020

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

I think that only happens when you forget to dig them up from the previous day.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Oh, I had no idea they were accumulative like that. And come to think of it, we’ve gotten lax since we completed the Fossil wing of our museum.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I got sick of them so I just buried 6 fossils behind the upper cliffs. They trouble me no more!

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Two nights in a row now I've talked to two different villagers with the thought bubbles over their head and when I do talk with them they tell me they forgot what they wanted to ask me about. Should I be concerned for them? :ohdear:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Silver Falcon posted:

I got sick of them so I just buried 6 fossils behind the upper cliffs. They trouble me no more!

Why didn’t I think of this?! I know what I will be doing soon.

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

Hey guys, my island is open and I have Kicks and Celeste visiting (managed to trap Celeste in a convenient location this time).

Be sure to check out my haunted house - I’m very proud of most of it.

Dodo code in the other thread.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Come to Carcosa!

Redd

Help yourself to the DIYs, fossils, and other things laying about, and if you'd like to water my black tulips so I can get some golds that would be super appreciated.

Carcosa awaits!

9SYX2

updated code for everyone who missed out earlier

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Oct 24, 2020

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Hey guys, thanks to everybody's help I hit FIVE STARS for the first time today.

Come visit scenic Webster. Celeste and CJ are in town but Nook's is closed. Feel free to take any fruit on the trees! I don't have a lot to offer for more established players.

Closed - fell asleep with it open, sorry

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Oct 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Sorry about that, the meteor shower started just as you left.