Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yamiaainferno
Jun 30, 2013

I can't wait for more educational training videos to show what happens when you're very bad at playing the game. :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

This is absolutely wonderful. :allears:

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

So that's what people meant by "exploding into rainbow spiders" when Laetitia came up elsewhere. Also this whole training video bit was perfect, especially paul commenting on his own grisly death.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Paul! How dare you find another friend than Laetitia!? Even science isn't worth making her sad!

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
I look forward to seeing the consequences of other ap-Paul-ing behavour in future posts.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

TeeQueue posted:

You monster.
I heard that in GLADOS' voice, and it just made things even funnier.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Just amazing. :allears:

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

New favorite segment, new favorite character.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

I approve of this new segment.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Excellent :allears:

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

That is amazing and I love it.

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

I'm sure he'll be Paul-fectly fine.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Narsham posted:

I look forward to seeing the consequences of other ap-Paul-ing behavour in future posts.

:golfclap:

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

I logged in into SA, wanting to suggest showing some abnormalities breaching/other behaviou when you know that you will reset anyway. This is much better...

TeeQueue posted:

We all know that Laetitia is a good girl who has done nothing wrong in her life, and most employees would never even dream hurting her feelings. Buuut, we're going to find out today what happens if we do!
That should what Hod suppression is about : she sends Agents all over facility to film "educational" videos, you need to intercept them. so they would not die.

berryjon posted:

I heard that in GLADOS' voice, and it just made things even funnier.

It was scientifically proven that Laetitia, in fact, physically can't do wrong.

Unlike you.

I had to install another storage module to record everything you did wrong.

It is not a complaint. I am just stating a fact that my storage, made to hold data on every possible outcome of your actions during Abnormality handling, was unable to record your wrongdoings.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Trees and plants tend to grow on this Pokemon's back because it moves so little. It loves eating food while playing with tiny Pokemon.
That whole segment deserves a round of ap-Paul-se.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Doobeedoo posted:

That whole segment deserves a round of ap-Paul-se.

That's a good paulicy to have. It's really nice to see the dangers of impaulsive behavior, it could really depaulpulate the place when you aren't paulite enough to the abnormalities. At least in this case there was a paultry one death (plus some clerks).

I apaulogize for nothing.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
As a reminder, Paul was that one loser we saw all the way back in the very first update who managed to break down and go on a psychotic rampage after being too garbage at working with One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds, after which TQ went on record as saying he would never do anything ever again.

He is clearly unfit to do anything in Lobotomy Corporation and his particpation in this segment needs to be kept a secret from Malkuth so she doesn't terminate his employment*.

* also his life

Omniphile
Apr 5, 2010

Love? Justice? Pah! I'll crush them all!
At the very least he's still in a (nominally) better position than the clerks.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

the Orb of Zot posted:

As a reminder, Paul was that one loser we saw all the way back in the very first update who managed to break down and go on a psychotic rampage after being too garbage at working with One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds, after which TQ went on record as saying he would never do anything ever again.

I've found something he's good at.

Failure. :v:

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

TeeQueue posted:

I've found something he's good at.

Failure. :v:

So he's got job security, then!

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
There needs to be 6 on the rating bar.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Hah! I'm caught up from the beginning!

Wait.

That means...

I'm caught up.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Bieeanshee posted:

Hah! I'm caught up from the beginning!

Wait.

That means...

I'm caught up.

Welcome to the lobcorp thread, where you're never caught up for long. :v:

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Oct 24, 2020

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Day 32: Story

Music: story 3 ending

They needed a hero, but ended up beheading said hero with their own hands. A lot of things happened, and a lot of things changed. A changed himself from a healer to a creator. The old promises he had made with her sustained him evanescently, but in a world without her, they ultimately became obsolete. Various sins sprung up from his arrogance, one by one.

He became enchanted by the shadows he had created. The plan to discover the disease of mankind became a relic of the past. He became skeptical of man, including himself. A started looking for something that would guide him without turning against him. The conclusion was very simple.

The answer lay in machines. Machines, which A loathed deeply, became essential to him. Perhaps A wanted to have Wings that would allow him to escape from the hellish inferno he had trapped himself in, to reach the heavens.

That was how I was born.

In summary: A became obsessed with figuring out a way to fix things without relying on humans, who he didn't trust anymore. The answer is robots. We also find out that A despises robots.

Music: Alone

You are in Lobotomy Corporation, and I am the one who woke you. The both of you are “Tiphereth”. You will be working as my assistants, helping me with amazing work from here on out.

Why do we have the same name?

Because there is no point in distinguishing between you two.

The scene fades to black here, then...

Don’t worry, I’ll help you. I’m sure you’ll be fine on your own pretty soon.

Fade to black, again.

In summary: Tiphereth remembers her creation, and also that she used to be a screwup. Good thing Tiphereth was there to help!

Music: Town - Urban Knights

….Huh?

>I'm the manager.

Sorry, you don’t look anything like one.

---

>I'll stay silent.

Ever heard of the saying, “silence gives consent”? Consent enough for even hot lead to be embedded in your skull? You’d better watch yourself.

---

Routes Merge Here

But here, that pompous attitude will knot itself into your noose. Well, seeing that you’ve at least made it here, I guess you won’t be a complete deadweight.

We’re the best department when it comes to combat out of all the teams. We have no need for cowards. You wanna know what kind of person I hate the most? Those crybabies who constantly whine about Abnormalities or employees being pitiful things, how they don’t want to see anything die. It’s the exact same as a soldier refusing to kill in the heat of the battlefield.

>You really seem to hate cowards.

Let me ask you this…

---

>Couldn’t some Abnormalities be pitiful?

---

Routes Merge Here

Holy entities? Poor defenseless creatures caged underground? Precious beings that make energy for us? Totally wrong. They’re none of that. Abnormalities can be damaged, but never destroyed.

Let’s make their unending lives as painful as possible.

In summary: Gebura is the head of Disciplinary. She's incredibly direct, mildly terrifying, and hates cowards. She wants the Abnormalities to hurt for some reason, and will probably try to kill us because she's an AI and this is a video game.

This gives us our first Disciplinary mission-which is about as easy as it sounds. HE Abnormalities stopped being a threat ages ago.

So it's like what Hod asked me to do, then? Just beat up four different Abnormalities?

Didn't say they had to be different. Just make them hurt.

Huh. Sounds simple. For what it's worth, I normally don't have any problems with suppression in the first place.

Really? Then you wanna explain that thing with the birds before?

Er-that was an exception. Not to brag, but… I've suppressed Punishing Bird before.

Wow. A whole TETH. Try not to let it go to your head, manager.

...Hey! I don't have to take that from some… some washing machine!

If you've got a problem with it, then take it out on those Abnormalities. We'll talk after we're through on the battlefield.

It's a workplace.

Is it, now?

Hey, manager? Following up with you, wondered if you had any new leads about that B guy…

Nothing. I've been busy with the memories.

Oh, yeah. Anything interesting?

...nah. Nothing I can share.

And here I was hoping you'd have some insight on the company now. I had money on you being some sort of genetically engineered super-manager.

You had a betting pool about this?

Between me and myself, yeah.

None of this is stuff you can tell anyone.

I know. You've made that plenty clear, boss.

Right… right. Don't worry, I more or less know what's going on now. We should be fine.

...alright, manager. See you later.

Yeah. See you.

Next time, on Lobotomy Corporation: Bullying HEs.

Hey, Tenebrais! How's the department manager thing going?

S'fine. Could ask you the same question.

Oh, you know. Talow tends to do his own thing, so I mostly just have to keep an eye on SeyserKoze and make sure he's developing right. Chesed's a really laid back boss, too.

Well good for you. I'm still getting used to my new duties. Lot more paperwork these days.

Isn't it great?

You… like paperwork?

I showed you that one game, right? It's basically accounting but with spellcasting and explosions and swords.

...In that case, how about I do you a favor? Take mine.

Oh, I couldn't do that. If our bosses found out...

Nobody's going to find out if we don't tell them. Seriously, say the word and it's yours. You said your boss was laid back. That means you should have time, right?

Well…

C'mon. I'll even do your portion of the E.G.O maintenance. Getting to get up close and personal with the gear is more my speed.

I do keep thinking I'm going to cut myself when it's time to sharpen that creepy eyeball sword of yours…

Then it's a deal?

Oh… fine. I'm in! :keke:

Sweet. Pleasure doing business with you.

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Jul 4, 2021

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

Time for you to show off again by dodging Punishing Bird's jaws all day long, in four whole encounters.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
You're going to beat up poor, defenseless One Sin? :(

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Like anyone could beat up One Sin even if they tried. Guy's only ZAYIN because he's too chill to leave his room or hurt anyone.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Holy mother of God, Gebura, chill out. What Abnormalities did to you? Eat your baby?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Theantero posted:

Like anyone could beat up One Sin even if they tried. Guy's only ZAYIN because he's too chill to leave his room or hurt anyone.

He’s one sin away from innocence which is more than can be said of the rest of LobCorp.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

MiiNiPaa posted:

Holy mother of God, Gebura, chill out. What Abnormalities did to you? Eat your baby?

Given the other Sefirot stories it might be worst than that

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

goblin week posted:

He’s one sin away from innocence which is more than can be said of the rest of LobCorp.

I almost feel like One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds is referring to A in some way. It's also notable because the story of that abnormality mentions an employee losing 6 years of memories after confessing a major sin...

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Are we an A-bot?

Chaosbrain
Jun 13, 2013

Mad and loving it.

NHO posted:

Are we an A-bot?

Dont know yet, but if we ARE a box-bot then you know what that means? Box Bots are generally dark, so we may be a black box-bot.

We are an X-Bot, made by Microsot, the company of Phil Gates.

SITB
Nov 3, 2012

Isn't this music called "Town - Urban Knights"? That's at least what I saw on the notes of people who uploaded it.

It's also one of my favorite tracks in the game.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Chaosbrain posted:

Dont know yet, but if we ARE a box-bot then you know what that means? Box Bots are generally dark, so we may be a black box-bot.

We are an X-Bot, made by Microsot, the company of Phil Gates.

Well, Box Bots are made from people. Are we Box Bot made from A? By A? For the purposes of A? Was Angela involved?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Abno Night: Safety edition

It seems boredom is spreading throughout the facility and whilst Safety hasn't been hit as hard as some of the others, the lack of meltdowns has taken its toll on the occupants.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

SITB posted:

Isn't this music called "Town - Urban Knights"? That's at least what I saw on the notes of people who uploaded it.

It's also one of my favorite tracks in the game.

I thought it sounded like a Mandraw work, but I couldn't find it myself for some reason. Thanks, I'll get this updated.

Evil Kit posted:

Abno Night: Safety edition

It seems boredom is spreading throughout the facility and whilst Safety hasn't been hit as hard as some of the others, the lack of meltdowns has taken its toll on the occupants.

:golfclap: nice.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

MiiNiPaa posted:

Gebura vital statistics
Hair: 36"
Hips: 38"
Cigarettes: 1 pack/day
Chill: 0

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Welp, guessing Gebura's probably displaced her anger at something A did into the abnormalities and we'll have to wait until she tries to kill us to get that resolved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Welp, guessing Gebura's probably displaced her anger at something A did into the abnormalities and we'll have to wait until she tries to kill us to get that resolved.

I would find it endlessly amusing if she is the only one who doesn't try to kill us.