Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

FlamingLiberal posted:

The dry boys didn't bother doing a debate stream I take it?

I think Matt was talking about doing a post-debate thing rather than a debate stream but I dunno if that's happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I checked and it was just the channel manager guy? alone.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Motto posted:

lol

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

uber_stoat posted:

i want to live in an apartment building that looks like this.

Yesss Freddy Mamani rules. Belongs to the same indigenous group as Morales too.

Edit to add

T. Bombastus fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Oct 23, 2020

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
i demand to speak with your channel manager!

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
So they're voting for biden right

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

UP AND ADAM posted:

They live in new york, who gives a gently caress

THS
Sep 15, 2017

UP AND ADAM posted:

i dont think anyone cares. do you

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

UP AND ADAM posted:

lol

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Motto posted:

geocacher is like the prime content in the twitch

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Issuing a Fatwa against the chapped trap home for failure to upload the podcast before I left for work so I couldn't download it for the day.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

UP AND ADAM posted:

Yes, it was covered in the last episode. Harm reduction and all that.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Matt said on one of his streams that he might write in Hillary.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Joementum posted:

Matt said on one of his streams that he might write in Hillary.

It is her turn, after all.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Nothus posted:

Yes, it was covered in the last episode. Harm reduction and all that.

:)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Breadallelogram posted:

They live in new york, who gives a gently caress

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

my single issue is loving Nicki Minaj and ZERO politicians so far are even discussing the possibility of letting me gently caress Nicki Minaj

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Buddy, they won't even let ME gently caress Nicki Minaj.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

It's true. Folks in the battleground states though, please vote the orangeman out and get our guy biden in there!

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
If Biden wins then it’ll be 2028 at the earliest when we’ll have a primary so maybe in 8 years we can tackle climate change. What’s this? We have 8 years to turn things around? Cool cool cool

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The North Tower posted:

If Biden wins then it’ll be 2028 at the earliest when we’ll have a primary so maybe in 8 years we can tackle climate change. What’s this? We have 8 years to turn things around? Cool cool cool

I don't think Harris is going to be very popular by 2024. She's not very charismatic. People don't like her more after seeing more of her.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Eh, neither is Hillary. I think the biggest thing working against Harris' reelection will be the Biden admin's complete failure to address major issues. They'll probably have a COVID policy that's something close to sane, and will try to run on that after 4 years of everything getting worse.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

UP AND ADAM posted:

It's true. Folks in the battleground states though, please vote the orangeman out and get our guy biden in there!

lol

Gripweed posted:

I don't think Harris is going to be very popular by 2024. She's not very charismatic. People don't like her more after seeing more of her.

if biden's a one-termer either by choice or otherwise, the party will clear the lane for harris so she doesn't have to lose another primary. if anything him croaking halfway through works to her benefit because she gets to run as the incumbent

The Muppets On PCP fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Oct 23, 2020

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Halloween Jack posted:

Eh, neither is Hillary. I think the biggest thing working against Harris' reelection will be the Biden admin's complete failure to address major issues. They'll probably have a COVID policy that's something close to sane, and will try to run on that after 4 years of everything getting worse.

Clinton also had way, way, way more pull in the Democratic party than Harris does. I don't think it's gonna be a clown car like this time was but some ambitious young Dems will see an opportunity

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
They do not need to have a primary is what I was getting at.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
YKS Premium S12E4: Miketober Episode 4: The Return of the Living Dead with Matt Christman

Oh hell yes. :peanut:

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

UP AND ADAM posted:

yeah i heard them say this on the podcast

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

The Muppets On PCP posted:

lol

if biden's a one-termer either by choice or otherwise, the party will clear the lane for harris so she doesn't have to lose another primary. if anything him croaking halfway through works to her benefit because she gets to run as the incumbent

I don't think she's a shoe in. She really sucked at getting people to vote for her in the primary.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

I'm not sure it really matters much at this point what the COVID policy is federally given that the feds cannot do anything about local lockdowns. Sure, if the pandemic response team hadn't been disbanded two years ago it's pretty likely COVID-19 would have been a minor footnote in the news in December-February which wrapped itself up quickly but hey, that horse left the barn long ago.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

mcmagic posted:

I don't think she's a shoe in. She really sucked at getting people to vote for her in the primary.

Hard to get voters when you drop out before voting begins.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Shipon posted:

I'm not sure it really matters much at this point what the COVID policy is federally given that the feds cannot do anything about local lockdowns. Sure, if the pandemic response team hadn't been disbanded two years ago it's pretty likely COVID-19 would have been a minor footnote in the news in December-February which wrapped itself up quickly but hey, that horse left the barn long ago.

Very unlikely that Covid would have been a minor footnote considering its trajectory in Europe. Having the pandemic response team probably makes this better but that just means we are on the same path as the EU if we're lucky.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Shipon posted:

things were destined to get bad and they are destined to keep getting worse because there is no politically tolerable solution, no matter who is president or what sort of pandemic response team we have.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

mcmagic posted:

the dnc will blackball any potential challengers if she's running as the former vp or sitting president

to the inevitable counterargument that she doesn't have nearly the institutional stranglehold on the party clinton did in 2016, neither did biden and they moved heaven and earth for him when it came time to fix the primary

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Uuuuuuh he was Vice President for 8 years, that’s counts for a lot more DNC clout than you seem to think.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Bust Rodd posted:

Uuuuuuh he was Vice President for 8 years, that’s counts for a lot more DNC clout than you seem to think.

He also was popular and won a primary. Remember that they didn't do anything for him until he won South Carolina.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Shipon posted:

Obama fired more people on the pandemic response team than Trump did, because it was W.‘s pet project because he’s fascinated by disease and pandemics.

There was never a reality where things went better in the US. We had community spread in NYC and Seattle by late Jan/early Feb. The solutions to this are politically and ideologically impossible for our ruling class.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I'm really glad Amber brought up the insanity that is Sorkin not knowing what the Chicago 7 was when he agreed to write the script for Spielberg and had to call his dad after leaving the party to fill him in.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I also don't know anything about the Chicago 7 and would like to make a movie about it.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Obama fired more people on the pandemic response team than Trump did, because it was W.‘s pet project because he’s fascinated by disease and pandemics.

There was never a reality where things went better in the US. We had community spread in NYC and Seattle by late Jan/early Feb. The solutions to this are politically and ideologically impossible for our ruling class.

lol i didn't know obama fired a bunch of the pandemic response team, i guess i shouldn't be surprised but lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://instagram.com/mllm55386?igshid=11zvnqsvl72ye

quote:

Paul Dewalt
"If there is going to be a take of the system it has to be on all fronts." This quote early in should be the only real discussion. I loving hate Sorkin, but enough of the sixties/boomers bashing. Boomers were'nt'

2h
Paul Dewalt
...a monolith anymore than genX-ers or millennials or any other generation. I'm a boomer, and I hate most of my generation's sins--and even more the Sorkin "universe"--but this broad-brush painting is unbecoming. Every generation wants and needs to eviscerate and photo shop history, especially their parent's generation, while the stink of hubris and narcissism of their own generation is often just as odious.

1h
Paul Dewalt
...but still love Chapo and this particular podcast. More "walk and talk."

41min

:qqsay: