Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2386202.m570.l1313&_nkw=ansco+pix+panorama&_sacat=0

$10 point and shoot 35mm with fuji xtra 400 film. Very cheap and fun little setup but only really usable in bright light because of the fixed f/11 aperture. I use Indiefilmlab for my developing and scanning. Comes out to about $0.50 a frame for film and developing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
Don't take this the wrong way but I hate how great your pictures are because they make me jealous every time.

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well
Problem? What problem? That's not "too many bars", that I "definitely don't need".

Put the Ahearne/MAP bars on my Disc Trucker EUROSPORT.

Pretty comfy so far!

Please excuse the hideous bar angle, I adjusted them down after this photo.

VacaGrande
Dec 24, 2003
God! A red nugget! A fat egg under a dog!

frogbs posted:

EUROSPORT

:vince:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

How did you like the bullmoose? I feel like the one-bolt stem clamp was a little too loose, and the non-adjustmable reach was a little short for my application, even with extenders going to 75cm.

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well

I had to make like 50 of those decals to meet the minimum order, so if anyone wants one the euro-ify their bike let me know! The Chevy Celebrity Eurosport will never be forgotten.

kimbo305 posted:

How did you like the bullmoose? I feel like the one-bolt stem clamp was a little too loose, and the non-adjustmable reach was a little short for my application, even with extenders going to 75cm.

They were just a little too wide for me, and I actually wish they had a little bit of rise, and a little bit more backsweep. That's what made me try the Ahearne bars, and the silver Wald mystery bars with the black grips, both of which I found more comfortable on my Trucker. I never had a problem with the bolt though!

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

frogbs posted:

Put the Ahearne/MAP bars on my Disc Trucker EUROSPORT.

Nice cockpit

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well

Thank you! The hand sanitizer in the stem bag is very important.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Got a Honzo off craigslist. They just opened a pump track near me so it should be fun on that.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

The Honzo is an excellent bike to be terrible at mountain biking with. (I'm terrible, it's great)

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

Two used Honzos in the thread in a day, this one's the ST.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
a more proper pic of the ritchey outside, now with ultegra pedals and matching bottle cages. you can see the city if you zoom in and squint!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Gonna be sad when the trail is snowed over.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

DELETE CASCADE posted:

a more proper pic of the ritchey outside, now with ultegra pedals and matching bottle cages. you can see the city if you zoom in and squint!

I know right were that photo was taken, on Ralston.

Nice setup. That color blue is great. Though those tires look a little tougher than I'd prefer for a road bike.

RIP.

dema fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Oct 17, 2020

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

dema posted:

Nice setup. That color blue is great. Though those tires look a little tougher than I'd prefer for a road bike.

RIP.

i love that bike

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

dema posted:

RIP.

you are absolutely correct about the location! i bought this as a complete bike from ritchey and those are the tires they included, they're 27mm tom slicks. i like them so far but will probably use something else when they wear out

i'm guessing your pic is from the path along the bay in foster city / san mateo, near the bridge? great shot

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man

DELETE CASCADE posted:

You need the 2x9 1990s Ritchey groupset.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

X-posting new bike

Wheres Wallace
May 5, 2009

:) keep on keepin' on :)

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
:eyepop:

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

:drat:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Inject this into my veins

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

Not empty quotin

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
That is an excellent bike picture.

Anza Borrego
Feb 11, 2005

Ovis canadensis nelsoni
Brought our new gravel bikes to Zion, a place we spend a lot of time. It was a great way to see a familiar place in a new way. Zion Canyon Road is fairly short, 16mi RT and maybe 500’ of climb, but it is just just so drat nice.

Rode it once with my buddy and his family, and then again with my wife the next day. He’s fitter than me so the trailer leveled the playing field :agesilaus:

Evening ride with the wife along the Pa’rus Trail

With the shuttle system on tickets now, there were a TON of ebikes. I have never seen so many drat ebikes.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
Before and after so far on my commuter/ around town bike, in preparation for tomorrow's forecasted 6" of snow:

Before:

After:

Still needs new brake pads and a much shorter stem, but it's rideable while I sort all that out. The parts I threw on were the quill to threadless stem converter, a free parts bin 120mm Orbea stem, and some 42 cm wide compact drops I took off my road bike. The fenders are the same Portland Design Works ones I used last year, the tires are the same 45North Gravdals I used last year.

I kind of also want to find a way to further modify the front fender to reduce interference with the shift cables, but it hasn't felt like it's having a noticeable effect yet, so I guess I don't feel too pressured to do it. Once the reach is more manageable I might drop the handlebars down a bit further too, I'll have to see how it feels.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Anza Borrego posted:

Brought our new gravel bikes to Zion, a place we spend a lot of time. It was a great way to see a familiar place in a new way. Zion Canyon Road is fairly short, 16mi RT and maybe 500’ of climb, but it is just just so drat nice.

I was there last month and was extremely mad I didn't have my bike. There's also tons of great riding on the scenic route up to Bryce, with miles and miles of paved trail running beside the main road.

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

Zion is one of my favorite places on earth, and probably my favorite aesthetically in the lower 48. These are all from a 2016 trip in and around Zion

Anza Borrego
Feb 11, 2005

Ovis canadensis nelsoni

Bottom Liner posted:

I was there last month and was extremely mad I didn't have my bike. There's also tons of great riding on the scenic route up to Bryce, with miles and miles of paved trail running beside the main road.

Great shot!
I’ve done the drive to Bryce twice and didn’t have bikes on the brain back then. I’ll have to look into this!

DeesGrandpa posted:

Zion is one of my favorite places on earth, and probably my favorite aesthetically in the lower 48. These are all from a 2016 trip in and around Zion

It’s such great place! This was my 12th trip since we started going in 2015. Have you been lately? Attendance has blown up compared to 2016.

Also: what are you shooting on?

Anza Borrego
Feb 11, 2005

Ovis canadensis nelsoni

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

The fenders are the same Portland Design Works ones I used last year

Those fenders are really wild. No splatter on the front? It seems so short!

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

Anza Borrego posted:

Those fenders are really wild. No splatter on the front? It seems so short!

They cover a huge amount of space underneath me, right where the wheel is first carrying any liquid or debris up towards me as long as I'm moving forward. The direction most stuff is going on the other side of the forks means it's not going to hit me anyway most of the time. If I were to try moving the fender further forward more, a part of that would be cutting it up to get it around the front tube, but I don't know that I really need to.

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

Anza Borrego posted:

Great shot!
I’ve done the drive to Bryce twice and didn’t have bikes on the brain back then. I’ll have to look into this!

It’s such great place! This was my 12th trip since we started going in 2015. Have you been lately? Attendance has blown up compared to 2016.

Also: what are you shooting on?

I forget if those were a Nikon d3000 or sony A6000 (I'm pretty sure it was the latter but I'd have to check the original images)

Haven't been since sadly, though I'm often not too far. I'm kinda dreading going, I used to hit Moab often for mountain biking and that's crowded to the point of keeping me away now, can only imagine how Zion is.

Anza Borrego
Feb 11, 2005

Ovis canadensis nelsoni

DeesGrandpa posted:

Haven't been since sadly, though I'm often not too far. I'm kinda dreading going, I used to hit Moab often for mountain biking and that's crowded to the point of keeping me away now, can only imagine how Zion is.

It’s wild. The permit system does some good but creates some ripples, like way more people walking on Canyon Drive than I’ve ever seen before. We spend a big chunk of our time in the backcountry, so that helps.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

in preparation for tomorrow's forecasted 6" of snow:
After:

You're a braver man than I, swapping to drops for winter.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

evil_bunnY posted:

You're a braver man than I, swapping to drops for winter.

It's something I've been meaning to do for a while, the parts just happened to finally show up at the same time as the snow. Ideally I'd have been riding them before, but this is how the timing turned out.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Anza Borrego posted:

Did a moto trip around Zion, Bryce, Capitol Reef and Arches last year. It was a religious experience.

edit; sorry, here is some bicycle poo poo:

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

dema posted:

Did a moto trip around Zion, Bryce, Capitol Reef and Arches last year. It was a religious experience.

How was the reef? I've passed by it a few times but never made the time to stop

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Probably not worth stopping at if you’re going to stay on the road. Hear there is some great hiking though.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Capitol Reef's best feature is the night sky there. It's really something, even compared to the other parks on the loop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

dema posted:

This must be from that huge climb you did