Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Vikar Jerome posted:

hmm i better buy some 4k blurays, anyone got any good choices?

Fury Road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

goblin week posted:

i like how you say that and yet the very article you linked said the eye thing was fake as poo poo

Huh, I had always thought it was true but apparently the guy lost the eye in an unrelated incident. poo poo.

It WAS still a hate crime. But also Wahlberg was 16, it was over 30 years ago. Hopefully he's grown up since then.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

goblin week posted:

i like how you say that and yet the very article you linked said the eye thing was fake as poo poo

Err no it doesn’t, it just says that Mark Wahlberg just didn’t stab him in the eye, but based on his two previous hate crimes it doesn’t really sound like he wouldn’t have stabbed him in the eye either.

Edit: beaten, but mark wahlberg seems like he sucks, I don’t think it’s really excusable committing violent hate crimes at 16, but just look at his Instagram and see how much of an rear end in a top hat he is. he also basically said something like he regrets being in boogie nights or he hopes god is a movie fan, because he’s embarrassed by his role in it, and that he hates the thought of explaining it to his kids or something.

imhotep fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Oct 23, 2020

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

2001: A Space Odyssey
Blade Runner 2049
Terminator 2

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Look man sometimes as a kid you commit a tiny hate crime.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Can you get American History X on 4K yet?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yes, but American History S is only in 1080p

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

haveblue posted:

:vince:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

CharlestheHammer posted:

Look man sometimes as a kid you commit a tiny hate crime.

Real forgiving outlook there. Kids get influenced by a ton of poo poo they have no control over.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

haveblue posted:

:eyepop:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

PantsBandit posted:

Real forgiving outlook there. Kids get influenced by a ton of poo poo they have no control over.

I have no interest in being forgiving no

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I believe the full thing with Marky Mark and the eye is that he thought he was responsible for the eye for years and didn’t find out until a long time afterwards that it was already injured

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Imhotep posted:

Err no it doesn’t, it just says that Mark Wahlberg just didn’t stab him in the eye, but based on his two previous hate crimes it doesn’t really sound like he wouldn’t have stabbed him in the eye either.

Edit: beaten, but mark wahlberg seems like he sucks, I don’t think it’s really excusable committing violent hate crimes at 16, but just look at his Instagram and see how much of an rear end in a top hat he is. he also basically said something like he regrets being in boogie nights or he hopes god is a movie fan, because he’s embarrassed by his role in it, and that he hates the thought of explaining it to his kids or something.

Oh man I didn't mean to sound like I want to defend Wahlberg :( I am barely acquainted with who he is, his history makes his sound like a poo poo.

I just thought the contrast between "mark wahlberg blinded a man in vietnam here's the link" and the link saying he didn't was funny

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I played more Outer Wilds and I explored a bunch more stuff. This is a cool game and it is intriguing but I can only play it for about an hour before I get bored.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
So did the PS Store update just get rid of the Wishlist entirely?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yup.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

haveblue posted:

Post of the day right here.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

haveblue posted:

Lol

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Vikar Jerome posted:

BBC's Planet Earth II and Blue Planet II look wonderful in 4K HDR

A good example on how to see the difference between streaming 4K HDR and playing from the disc

Scrotum Modem fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Oct 23, 2020

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Nathan Fillion is like 200 years old

He lost quite some weight though, he could have pulled it off.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I mean if the Cruiser can still do the MI films, why the hell not I guess

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

mcbexx posted:

dude looks a lot like UC4 Drake

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

haveblue posted:

holy poo poo

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I mean if the Cruiser can still do the MI films, why the hell not I guess

Look, if you can lock in the star of White Noise 2: The Light it's a no-brainer

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

mcbexx posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5CZQpqF_74

Edit: if they didn't cast Nolan North as an older Italian guy that tells Nate at some point that his mother was a byootiful woman then they missed a trick

Akuma fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Oct 23, 2020

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Spring Break My Heart posted:

So did the PS Store update just get rid of the Wishlist entirely?
It did. I heard they were doing that so I wrote myself a note in my notes app with all the games on my wishlist. Guess I'm just gonna have to add to that from now on.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

haveblue posted:

lol

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

If Liam can do Taken four with a dozen cuts anything is impossible

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCKhktcbfQM

Imagine this but it's a fallen tree

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

Prometheus and BR2049 and 2001 and The Shining and Apocalypse Now

comedy option, I hear the rerelease of Waterworld is rather interesting because they added 40 minutes of footage and it plays like a very different movie, but that film has a lot of insane production design either way

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

haveblue posted:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The last thing Waterworld needs is more of it

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

The last thing Waterworld needs is more of it

I mean...I'm aware, but also curious :piss:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Waterworld is a good rear end movie

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Waterworld live show owns. I have no interest in the movie

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

GreenNight posted:

Fury Road.
I started watching the presidential debate yesterday but stopped after 10 minutes and switched to that movie. I don’t regret my choice.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Okay im picking waterworld goddamn!

I love doom eternal but the dlc boss fight in the 2nd map is like they forgot to playtest it, its such an annoying lovely fight that just goes on forever and the only way anyone who isnt a super complex AI interface could beat it and stay sane is by taking the sentinel armour route and its still long annoying slog. And this on hurt me plently cos i had to turn it down by one in the last map. Goddamn how high was hugo.

And now im forced to quit and update a 20gig patch if i want to keep unlocking the skins and all that other bullshit.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Oct 23, 2020

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Waterworld is not a great movie but it’s also better than its reputation suggests. It’s a perfectly watchable movie and Dennis Hopper especially is fun

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

beat doom eternal dlc part 1. i turned it down to im too young to die and the dlc was way more enjoyable. i regret nothing.

that ending tho lmao makes no goddamn sense even if time fuckery is involved like the main game. "he is you, in their world" implies the dark lord is as strong as doomguy but then to also make him look exactly like doomguy but with hell runes and redeyes sure is something lol. also vega was god all along, okay, sure. this whole thing is putting a damper on my timeline crafting :negative:

cant wait for part 2!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Waterworld is not a great movie but it’s also better than its reputation suggests. It’s a perfectly watchable movie and Dennis Hopper especially is fun

I kind of agree. I'm rather intrigued at how different a director's cut of that movie would be after the new footage sat in some archive for 25 years.