Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
rats should loot and salvage player wrecks tbqh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

Sickening posted:

Lmao, nobody is going to want to rat in dangerous areas. What a load of poo poo. The end of pipe systems are plenty dangerous enough in null.

It's true, I very much doubt people will rat in dangerous systems since the bonus is only 20%. But it's right that anyone who is dumb enough to do so should get more isk, which they will. If you're honestly getting killed by hunters in a pipe system then you really need to train your intel folks better.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Scikar posted:

It's true, I very much doubt people will rat in dangerous systems since the bonus is only 20%. But it's right that anyone who is dumb enough to do so should get more isk, which they will. If you're honestly getting killed by hunters in a pipe system then you really need to train your intel folks better.

You are getting killed by hunters in a pipe system because ratting is boring as gently caress but making isk in eve is a requirement. Nobody is getting paid to watch home systems for roaming gangs, so i don't quite understand what there is to train exactly. People help and post to intel channels but at the end of the day, the folks who are ratting or mining are not fighting just hostiles, they are fighting loving boredom and more fun distractions. This also doesn't account for logged of reds in system, wormhole, and filaments. poo poo happens and that is just something you deal with in Null. Everyone is going to get caught not paying attention eventually, its just null.

At the end of the day, most people are not going to travel around ratting on their own, they are either going to join a ADM fleet more often or accept less isk for the same boring poo poo they have had to do. Again, not a net benefit for the game at large.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-TBOjDcBlc

:munch:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Sickening posted:

What is this change actually going to accomplish?

It's pretty clear that CCP and/or their new owners don't want EVE to remain a game where you can semi-easily 'play for free.'

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Oct 24, 2020

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

The creator posted this like three pages back. The shots and editing are great, but I couldn't make it past the music

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It's pretty clear that CCP and/or their new owners don't want EVE to remain a game where you can semi-easily 'play for free.'

It's not even a matter of "play for free", if you're subbed these changes make ratting more tedious for no real reason. Whatever, not like we need to rat to make money at this point.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Lmao, :ccp: doesn't give a poo poo if you are spending isk to pay for your account every month. If you are doing that then someone else is paying for it. CCP is getting their money regardless.

I think what I am gathering here is that CCP wants you to blow up more ships every month. They also want it to be harder to build your replacement ships. While some degree of that might be healthy for the game as to put a damper on inflation, you have to make sure every player carries the burden. If the change you are putting in makes the game more dangerous and/or tedious for everyone but your bots, welp.

Good Dumplings posted:

It's not even a matter of "play for free", if you're subbed these changes make ratting more tedious for no real reason. Whatever, not like we need to rat to make money at this point.

Your line members certainly need to make isk to some degree. Otherwise they are just sitting in station and only doing fleets as they can't afford to blow up otherwise. For some folks that is fine, a lot of others not so much.

Sickening fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Oct 24, 2020

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

Sickening posted:

I think what I am gathering here is that CCP wants you to blow up more ships every month. They also want it to be harder to build your replacement ships. While some degree of that might be healthy for the game as to put a damper on inflation, you have to make sure every player carries the burden. If the change you are putting in makes the game more dangerous and/or tedious for everyone but your bots, welp.

That has been the main sticking point with actual 'risky EvE' ideas: There are entirely too many cheat & cheese mechanics for EvE to really work the way it is advertised. As long as that long list of fundamental flaws remains, people will be essentially able to choose to simply not fight and/or not take risks.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Jazzzzz posted:

The creator posted this like three pages back. The shots and editing are great, but I couldn't make it past the music

I don't think I've listened to Mindless Self Indulgence since, uhh around the time Eve came out.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Idiot Doom Spiral posted:

That has been the main sticking point with actual 'risky EvE' ideas: There are entirely too many cheat & cheese mechanics for EvE to really work the way it is advertised. As long as that long list of fundamental flaws remains, people will be essentially able to choose to simply not fight and/or not take risks.

There are very few things in eve that are no risk. Ratting in a system where there are dozens of your enemies isn't high risk, high reward. Its just dumb. They aren't going to raise the bounty % to something that is going to make it worth it to shoot those rats in that system that offset the costs of having that ratting ship blow up that often.

We are all waiting for more details, but if I had to wager this change is going to do nothing more than just flat out nerf bounties in null the way that people rat. I hope that it will either not really matter that much or that we can somehow game the system, but nah, not confident in it right now.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Good Dumplings posted:

Oh look at Mr. Moneybags over here who doesn't need to rat... :homebrew:

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

Sickening posted:

There are very few things in eve that are no risk. Ratting in a system where there are dozens of your enemies isn't high risk, high reward. Its just dumb. They aren't going to raise the bounty % to something that is going to make it worth it to shoot those rats in that system that offset the costs of having that ratting ship blow up that often.

All risk is highly measurable and predictable: You can scout, you can log off, you can with patience and method mitigate virtually all risk in this game. There are way too many poorly designed mechanics that allow for this, and they strongly determine how logistics is done, how money is made and particularly how war is fought. Like you said: There is no 'high risk, high reward' in EvE: There is only time + patience = reward.

You could say that a) undocking b) doing it solo-ish and c) not metagaming your rear end off is super risky, but why would you do such a thing?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Jazzzzz posted:

doing god's work

-1 tapi jf

https://zkillboard.com/kill/88083281/ https://zkillboard.com/kill/88083297/

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Scikar posted:

Change is good and very much wanted. The safer ratting systems at the end of pipes (where a single scout at the entrance can provide intel for every ratter to dock up) will make much less isk. The dangerous systems where combat occurs will offer more reward for those willing to take the risk. That risk/reward balance is exactly what needs to be optimised. The only problem is that it's taken so long to get to this point, but better late than never.

Wow everything you said was so wrong

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Dr. Kayak Paddle posted:

I don't think I've listened to Mindless Self Indulgence since, uhh around the time Eve came out.

With everything that's going on, I wanted something reminiscent of the old Stahlregen videos from around that time. It's even in 29.97 fps because 60 didn't feel right.

but yeah MSI is probably going to be like nails on chalkboard for a good number of people

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Loden Taylor posted:

With everything that's going on, I wanted something reminiscent of the old Stahlregen videos from around that time. It's even in 29.97 fps because 60 didn't feel right.

but yeah MSI is probably going to be like nails on chalkboard for a good number of people

fernando snips is still the GOAT

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

Solus posted:

Faxes still too big even after the Supercarrier size buff

Meanwhile carriers still be like:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Severing posted:

Meanwhile carriers still be like:

me on far left

minchar
Feb 10, 2013

captainclaw posted:

Locked can tether yeah.

If you point it / Scram it it can't tether (unless it's stabbed. Essentially if it can warp it will tether)

Quoting this from downtown as I discovered tonight on sisi that if you tether after a doomsday has been fired on you but before the damage applies it simply wastes the doomsday. Timing this for anything useful would be practically impossible but I thought it was funny anyway.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

You're a fire alarm?

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

Raged posted:

Wow everything you said was so wrong

I get that it sucks for the newbros who are collateral damage, but lol at anyone who thinks ratting is dangerous when the biggest risk is dying of boredom

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!
https://dscan.info/v/6b30bea63335

Where is TEST?!

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
The world wonders.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Whenever TEST's not on screen, all the other alliances should be asking, "Where's TEST?"

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Giving interviews on Twitch and taking credit on Reddit.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

Whenever TEST's not on screen, all the other alliances should be asking, "Where's TEST?"

It has been noticed by panfam.

Once panfam is done in Delve, I think most line members would love to dunk on TEST next.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Why
loving
Wait

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Phlegmish posted:

Note: TEST died on their way to their home region

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Note: TEST died on their way to their home region

lmao

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
all I know is I haven't killed npcs for isk in like a year or some poo poo and I have all these dumb alts and I never did try smartbomb ratting so all Im going to do is smartbomb rat, and while that is happening have an alt board corvette, warp to ratter at 0 then alt tab.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

Update TEST had a couple of dudes that have been camping pipe systems. Bubbled our fleet twice. Thanks TEST.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I think the one thing that bonds all goons in this thread is this:

gently caress TEST.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

iospace posted:

I think the one thing that bonds all goons in this thread is this:

gently caress TEST.

and all Panfam

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Is this a psy-op campaign?

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009
Is anyone in TEST starting to wonder if it’s a bad sign that their enemies AND allies are chanting “TEST is next”?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Highsec pubbies who started playing yesterday are chanting it, so I assume they're used to it

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Idiot Doom Spiral posted:

Like you said: There is no 'high risk, high reward' in EvE: There is only time + patience = reward.
CCP has never in the history of EVE understood the risk/effort/reward equation. They love to increase the risk or effort, but never follow up by increasing the reward so their attempts at directing how people make money ends up being all stick and no carrot.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

The Mittani,

Once this war is over message Globbins. The Imperium can move to Geminate and the Vale of the Silent to rebuild. Then we can go dunk TEST in Delve for the Summer 2021 campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
What makes you think this will be over by summer 2021?