Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
TACOS BABY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
we're in partytime now, but Pies were briefly accidently added to partytime for like 5 min yesterday

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Can I get a hell yeah in the chat for that Tacos pitching/defense being so bad that they keep giving up 10+ runs in black hole weather so they're only down 1-0 after 3 games

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
If you're not a fan of the splorts team the Unlimited Tacos, what are you even doing? Weather effects? WE GOT THOSE

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Garages and Shoe Thieves play the most normal playoff round of all time and continues the tenseness of Garages/Shoe Thieves playoff series. Garages win this one 3-2 in five games. They will play the Magic who managed to beat the Moist Talkers 3-1 in three games (the second time in a row the Moist Talkers got bounced in round 2 by the Wild Card team) in the Mild League Championship at 8 AM PDT.

Tacos and Tigers are taking the formerly best-of-five series to game six, tied 2-2. Sun 2 is out and it is possible we'll see a game seven. Winner will play the Sunbeams who destroyed the Spies in two games 3-(-1) for the Wild League Championship.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
Will a team getting 10 runs and triggering the Sun 2 effect end the game and round immediately because that team got to 3 wins or do we wait until the game ends and potentially go into game 7/5? Are we about to find out?

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.
Per the Book, series are only decided at the end of a game. We could potentially go to a game seven.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
Awesome.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Sun 2 smiles.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
It was a good run from a team with a one and two and a half star pitcher as the entire rotation

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

In one of the Unlimited Tacos universes there's one where Wyatt Pothos gets pecked free instead of Sexton Wheerer, and they probably cruised to the championship in that one. I saw that she threw 6 shutouts in a row this season?

Although the Sunbeams are looking downright unbeatable, if Sun 2 comes out today their series could be over quick.

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

tinstaach posted:

In one of the Unlimited Tacos universes there's one where Wyatt Pothos gets pecked free instead of Sexton Wheerer, and they probably cruised to the championship in that one. I saw that she threw 6 shutouts in a row this season?

Although the Sunbeams are looking downright unbeatable, if Sun 2 comes out today their series could be over quick.

The Beams/Tigers series today was the longest in postseason history at 6 games!

Beams/Garages internet series starts at 7pm Eastern.

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

Decent chance we could see a 1 game series too since the Garages pitcher in the first game is their worst by a fair margin, has averaged a 7.54 ERA this season and it's Sun 2 weather.

Harry Lime fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Oct 25, 2020

doos
Jan 1, 2015

I'm glad a Wild Low team made it to the championship series. Would have been a bummer if the Tigers just ran the table on 'em.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

doos posted:

I'm glad a Wild Low team made it to the championship series. Would have been a bummer if the Tigers just ran the table on 'em.

Word, Wild Low solidarity. Those were good games too.

I will admit I wish the Spies were the first team from WL to take a championship, but the Beams deserve something good. I like the Garages a lot too though, I'm not super invested just because I don't mind which team wins.

I will say I hope they don't plan to use these weather effects next season.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sun 2 is the greatest and they better keep it for next season.

They can drop black hole though.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Sun 2 is the greatest and they better keep it for next season.

They can drop black hole though.

Yeah, drop Black Hole, and bring back any of the old Weathers (excluding Peanuts)

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

It'd be really weird if they offered 6 blessings last season that were all weather related and then got rid of all those weathers, so I'm expecting them to all come back.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Sunbeams just Black Holed the Garages and lost Game 3 of the Finals. 2 wins Sunbeams, 1 win Garages.

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

Pinwiz11 posted:

Sunbeams just Black Holed the Garages and lost Game 3 of the Finals. 2 wins Sunbeams, 1 win Garages.

We were so close. I need this win for the beams!

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Aardvark Barber posted:

We were so close. I need this win for the beams!

My response:
https://twitter.com/SIBROfficial/status/1320175988970586112?s=20

Go Garages, and lmfao at this wacky series and wacky postseason.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
All the Sunbeams had to do was not score. :v:

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

tinstaach posted:

Lol

We're gonna learn what 2l in the Book says at this rate.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

sunbeams only know how to hit ball and walk directly to 3rd

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Abyssal Squid posted:

Lol

We're gonna learn what 2l in the Book says at this rate.

Four more times let's goooooo!

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

OK now that they've finally (finally!) won, does anyone know why Sumbeams fans chant "five seven seven eight"?

The Journey Fraternity
Nov 25, 2003

I found this on the ground!

tinstaach posted:

OK now that they've finally (finally!) won, does anyone know why Sumbeams fans chant "five seven seven eight"?

The surface temperature of the sun is 5778K

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

The Journey Fraternity posted:

The surface temperature of the sun is 5778K

Jesus loving Christ, thank you. Holy poo poo, that was driving me insane.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

lmao that rules, goddamn I love blaseball

https://twitter.com/jesstelephone/status/1320204892020084736

tinstaach fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Oct 25, 2020

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I picked Wheel of Fortune for Maximum Chaosball reasons.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Season 11 decrees...

Originally:

Then:
https://twitter.com/SIBROfficial/status/1318981622482358272

Now:
https://twitter.com/blaseball/status/1320427648686813184
https://twitter.com/BlaseballWiki/status/1320430756871766017

Soon:
:getin:

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

"don't send tillman back"
/
🦑

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I completely forgot about the election, but it looks like "Eat the Rich has been suspended due to pending litigation" So I still have my coins!

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Several lines are crossed out of the book now. Including ascension~

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dang wasn't expecting to see a credits page with this election. I guess this is the end of blaseball.

Hopefully the sequel measures up.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
wait it's over? I found this a few days ago excited for the next season.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
It's just the end of the Discipline Era. The devs are taking roughly a month off to let some things cook, and then blaseball will be back.

How it will change in the meantime, no one knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

zooted heh posted:

wait it's over? I found this a few days ago excited for the next season.

Devs need a break/time to get new stuff made so it is on break for a while.

Going to be sad without blaseball being crazy for a month or so. In the meantime, check out #listen-party in the Discord for some tunes. 🎶