Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Feels very magenta in the highlights?

Edit: what a shameful snipe...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

i like the shot, agree about the cast

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Twenties Superstar
Oct 24, 2005

sugoi

Blackhawk posted:

Feels very magenta in the highlights?

Edit: what a shameful snipe...

velvia v :) v

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Nice, where's that taken? I love those trees

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Thanks! Everything recently has been from around a small town called Crows Nest in Queensland, Australia. It's been a fun project and the first thing I'm putting together with any real intent.

Megabound fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Oct 25, 2020

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Dursley

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Megabound fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Oct 26, 2020

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

Twenties Superstar
Oct 24, 2005

sugoi
Sick

PolishPandaBear
Apr 10, 2009

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

IMG_7742-Edit-Edit.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

IMG_7642.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

IMG_7632-Edit.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

KMZ Horizon. Ektar.

KohChiangHorizon01.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

I really like this one.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

DJI_0194.jpg
by Matt F, on Flickr

DJI_0100.jpg
by Matt F, on Flickr

DJI_0187.jpg
by Matt F, on Flickr

All shot with a DJI Mavic Air 2

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Waterfalls.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
You can't really dust for vomit.

I don't have anything to post because I have 100% lost my photography mojo but I wanted to say that these all absolutely slap.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Nigel Tufnel posted:

I don't have anything to post because I have 100% lost my photography mojo but I wanted to say that these all absolutely slap.

Being stuck in the house since March is killing me. We've been able to go on nature strolls once a month or so but I don't even bring the camera out of the bag because nothing looks interesting. It's super weird how the more you shoot the more you see that's worth shooting.

gently caress 2020, I better get a refund on this year added to the end of my life.

PolishPandaBear
Apr 10, 2009

xzzy posted:

Being stuck in the house since March is killing me. We've been able to go on nature strolls once a month or so but I don't even bring the camera out of the bag because nothing looks interesting. It's super weird how the more you shoot the more you see that's worth shooting.

gently caress 2020, I better get a refund on this year added to the end of my life.

I feel the opposite weirdly. I think I needed a creative hobby this year to keep me busy, and decided that I'd try to take photography a bit more seriously. Even if that means editing old photos rather than going out and shooting everyday.

My girlfriend and I have been alternating travel to her or my parents in the country or suburbs, (between stints of quarantine) which gives me nice opportunities to go out and go cycling or mountain biking and crawl through the woods or the beach to take photos without any human contact.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I’m in the same boat. Getting out to take pictures is keeping me going in some respects

It helps that since we are transitioning into frozen hellworld in the Midwest (as opposed to just hellworld), I can fly the drone from the warmth of my car, so the weather doesn’t put much of a damper on my ability to take pics

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Winter is just about the only time the midwest has anything interesting going on. :colbert:

(beaten only by fall)

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

DJI_0210.jpg
by Matt F, on Flickr

vlcsnap.jpg
by Matt F, on Flickr

This one was from when the wildfires were raging in September. Really made for some orange sunsets in WI

DJI_0086.jpg
by Matt F, on Flickr

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

I’m also in photo depression mode, since I feel like I missed out on an incredible opportunity when my city was under lockdown earlier this year. There were so many places normally inundated by traffic during the best light times, or otherwise inaccessible, that became possible to photograph because there were no people out and about. But I stayed in like a coward. Not out of sensible caution, but just because I couldn’t be bothered. Sure, there was a lot of uncertainty at the time, but I always knew in the back of my mind that I was missing out. Kept telling myself I would do it later, and later became never. Anyway.

This is great. Something about the sense of scale.

SMERSH Mouth fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Nov 5, 2020

rockear
Oct 3, 2004

Slippery Tilde

SMERSH Mouth posted:

This is great. Something about the sense of scale.

Agreed. The perspective with the plants kind of makes it look like the building is 4 feet tall.

Loving Jim's drone shots as well. Particularly this one.

I got a half-frame camera recently so I decided to do the dumbest thing possible and shoot some big landscapes with a lot of detail with it.

shacks by lamealias, on Flickr

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
You can't really dust for vomit.
alkanphel-tribute.bmp

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Nigel Tufnel posted:

alkanphel-tribute.bmp

Still had the Nigel Tufnel contrast settings, though :). Very nice!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Please do not steal my debit vaporwave album cover thanks

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Did a bit of a photo walk around the edge of Chinatown here.

IMG_8566.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

IMG_8539.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

IMG_8535.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

IMG_8559.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

IMG_8556-Edit.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

And a random late night shot.

IMG_8452.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Sunlit Again by B. B., on Flickr

Adbot