Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

it's almost as if the fundamental premise of buttcoin -- a trustless economy -- is lunacy and the only way to function in a society that includes other people is to have faith and credit in the other actors of your system

naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
Tether did submit some kind of evidence to the SEC or another US regulator last year that they in fact have assets totaling (IIRC) 70% of their liabilities (including non-cash assets like Bitcoins). You'd think this would instantly cause the value of Tethers to drop to $0.70 on the "dollar" since that's the most you could expect to get for your Tether if all the backing assets were distributed evenly, but it's still trading in the $0.98-$1.00 range presumably because all the people who are willing to buy it think of it like a Ponzi where of course they'll be one of the ones to cash out before the money runs out.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Has anyone said "you're HODLing it wrong" yet?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

gschmidl posted:

Has anyone said "you're HODLing it wrong" yet?

that's what you say to the guy holding the tactical club right before your death

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Mr.Radar posted:

Tether did submit some kind of evidence to the SEC or another US regulator last year that they in fact have assets totaling (IIRC) 70% of their liabilities (including non-cash assets like Bitcoins). You'd think this would instantly cause the value of Tethers to drop to $0.70 on the "dollar" since that's the most you could expect to get for your Tether if all the backing assets were distributed evenly, but it's still trading in the $0.98-$1.00 range presumably because all the people who are willing to buy it think of it like a Ponzi where of course they'll be one of the ones to cash out before the money runs out.

turns out they’re fine with fractional reserve banking as long as it’s not the (((bankers))) doing it, who’d have guessed

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

This is delightfully evil https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/psychotherapy_centre_data_breach_victims_receive_extortion_emails/11612230

extorting psychiatric patients not to leak their journals, what will cryptocurrency enthusiasts think of next

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

r u ready to WALK posted:

This is delightfully evil https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/psychotherapy_centre_data_breach_victims_receive_extortion_emails/11612230

extorting psychiatric patients not to leak their journals, what will cryptocurrency enthusiasts think of next

this is why a career of being a complete mess in public has immunized me to many threats

leak my psychiatrist’s notes? dude i write first-person essays about being as crazy as a box of frogs for money

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

AlbieQuirky posted:

this is why a career of being a complete mess in public has immunized me to many threats

leak my psychiatrist’s notes? dude i write first-person essays about being as crazy as a box of frogs for money

lol just lol if frogs talk to you while writing. everyone knows crickets are the new hotness. they are just a bit more intellectual about like avoiding cats out to get you and living in cow flops.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Mr.Radar posted:

how many of those "assets" are just more butts. i mean by that logic you could just put a random number in front of the percent sign and call it a day

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
it's tethers all the way down!

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

we back our tether with litecoin, we back our litecoin with bitcoin, and we back our bitcoin with tether. perfectly stable!

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Shumagorath posted:

it's tethers all the way down!

🄵uck, 🄸t's 🄰ll 🅃ether

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Tether is just one letter away from teether.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Paladinus posted:

each tether is backed 1:100000000000 by satoshi's teeth

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Paladinus posted:

Can't fight the teether.
Can't fight the teether.
Can't fight the teether.
Can't redeem her till I'm foaming at the mouth.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
the teether's Louise?!

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

CampingCarl posted:

we back our tether with litecoin, we back our litecoin with bitcoin, and we back our bitcoin with tether. perfectly stable!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzSPS3WCY2c

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Marian had gotten in a argument with her mother over how her grades were dropping /it ended up being her brothers/, Marian being not kin to arguments ran outside and hid from her mother. Later on she comes out but, ends up being kidnapped by a older man in his late 20's, he ended up cutting her hair and dying it a Gingerbread brown and making her wear green contacts. She was then sold online to a bidder by the name 'ScaryMan' for 1,000,000 Bitcoins. To this she was tortured and raped multiple times by the scary man and was later killed on accident during a rough sex with a rope being tightly pulled around her neck to much. Scary man then took her nose away for a safe keep and stitched her mouth up to a smile before he buried her. She was then summon on accident by Essence.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

what

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Same.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i hate that i recognized that

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

i hate that i recognized that

i’m glad i didn’t

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

is this about brazil again

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Let's not do this

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

reddit lol posted:

I took a $12,000 cash advance on my credit card to buy bitcoins. Please tell me I'm not crazy

Back when bitcoin was at 12k or so, I took a HUGE cash advance on my CC and bought bitcoins. The interest rate on it is 19.99% a year but I figure out bitcoin will rise a lot more than 20% per year, am I wrong?

I recently lost my job due to corona and this is the only money I had to buy bitcoins. Now I am the proud owner of one bitcoin. I figure, if bitcoin crashes, then the entire economy will crash anyway (see: stock market) so I don't mind.
I planned on hodling 1-2 years. Thoughts?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/laura/status/1321205299219292160

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Zamujasa posted:

how many of those "assets" are just more butts. i mean by that logic you could just put a random number in front of the percent sign and call it a day

I wonder how many of the "non-cash assets like butts" are just Tethers they printed and held

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

I'm pretty sure these figures were not rigorously audited and came out because of the pending NY lawsuit against tether, where one of the responses says "we pinky swear we have beeelllioonss of dollars, almost enough for 75% of all tethers" which is not truly exonerating AND also highly suspect since it's as far as anyone can tell still just a figure pulled from their rear end.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
we got the book artwork done last night and its fuckin awesome

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Not impressed with your credentials, Mr. Gerard (if that's your real name). Why would I read a book by someone who doesn't even have an instagram account?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

what was the thing the bitcoiners were whining about with the last book, that you're not even a programmer!! or something

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That Gerard character doesn't evne have a logo that looks like a toilet

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

how facebook tried to take over the money david gerard

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

every tether is fully backed 3:4 by real cash like substances

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

divabot posted:

we got the book artwork done last night and its fuckin awesome

The is out-loving-standing, Davidbot! I don’t have any money until my disability ss comes in November ( I’m broke spending money for actually needed things until I can prove to gub’ment that my 97 year-old Granny isn’t dead), but I am buying a physical copy for my birthday November 5th!

Great job again; cannot wait to read!

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Boxturret posted:

how facebook tried to take over the money david gerard
David "The Money" Gerard

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
he's so money!

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder

Boxturret posted:

every tether is fully backed 3:4 by real cash like substances

Warning: Contents may settle be stolen in transit

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
processed cash food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

we take the cast off pieces produced in the cash making process and mix them into a slurry