Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

If you're a serious Frasier watcher and not a casual the best episode is "My Coffee With Niles"

Then you watch Dinner Party as a sequel

This is the most correct post on these forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Achmed Jones posted:

Is it time to say the Frasier poo poo we repeat under our breaths????

Flesh is burning duhnuhnuh nuhnuh nuh

Why were they singing that song later?! That was the song Daphne heard in Manchester, not the music Mr. Chainsaw was playing upstairs.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

It's just that catchy!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Can't argue that. I'm humming it right now...

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Romping with my school chums in the fens and spinneys

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hello, I'm the ice cream man...

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

There's an ocean Full of Fresh Fish not FiFteen Feet away

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Let's all go to a taco show!

Snugglecakes
Dec 29, 2008

:h: :glomp: :h:

Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a man now dead?

Snugglecakes fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Oct 24, 2020

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Niles! I'm here for you. I promise we're going to get you the best care that THIS MAN'S MONEY CAN BUY!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Why’d ya do it, son? :smith:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Cam Winston!

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

I!
Am!
WOUNDED!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Just three days ago I was punched by a man now dead!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

MUUUUuuuuuuuuuurder!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

GET OOOOOUT!!!

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

There were no hard feelings!

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Sherry, Niles?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
ROMPing through the surries...

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sunswipe posted:

Cam Winston!

this, the disdain put in it is just so satisfying

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m36KuvCSmc8

Is there a single more perfect Frasier scene?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

It’s called the wheat field

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

oh

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I always like the read that Martin is not dumb, he was a detective and he knows how to remember details and interact with people.

He gets salty with his kids because he knows they're a bunch of weirdos who will force him into their world if he even slightly acts like he's down to clown. See: the chess episode. He just doesn't want to be bothered. But he knows what's going on. See the episode where Niles lectures the poor server at Nervosa about how she's got to give Martin a biscotti and call it a cookie, and she does, and Martin goes "Isn't this a biscotti??"

He knows what his awful sons are talking about. He learned all the fancy stuff from their Mother, just like they did. He plays dumb to play to their egos and to not be involved with their nonsense.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
The scene where he dresses them down after some ludicrous display of snobbery and talks about how their mom had fancy tastes but also could throw down with a hot dog at a baseball game was some top notch Marty Crane. Jon Mahoney ruled.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

a few days ago i watched eight men out, a movie about the 1919 'black' sox scandal in baseball, and mahoney was great in it as kid gleason

dude was definitely talented

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Laterite posted:

The scene where he dresses them down after some ludicrous display of snobbery and talks about how their mom had fancy tastes but also could throw down with a hot dog at a baseball game was some top notch Marty Crane. Jon Mahoney ruled.

Reminded of how that comes up after a huge blowout argument between all three of them when they realise their mom is the only women all three of them were able to get along with, and they all just end up feeling sad. Actually the point where Frasier and Niles decide to make a more genuine effort to get along with Marty's girlfriend, acting like reasonable adults for once.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I always like the read that Martin is not dumb, he was a detective and he knows how to remember details and interact with people.

He gets salty with his kids because he knows they're a bunch of weirdos who will force him into their world if he even slightly acts like he's down to clown. See: the chess episode. He just doesn't want to be bothered. But he knows what's going on. See the episode where Niles lectures the poor server at Nervosa about how she's got to give Martin a biscotti and call it a cookie, and she does, and Martin goes "Isn't this a biscotti??"

He knows what his awful sons are talking about. He learned all the fancy stuff from their Mother, just like they did. He plays dumb to play to their egos and to not be involved with their nonsense.

You just care about your intime Soiree!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Marty being the one with better emotional intelligence (despite his weathered Tough Dad thing) is the reason he's in the show, since Frasier wanted to boot him in S1 and Mart went "what you think we're just going to get along like nothing?" and makes Frasier realize that their relationship is going to take Work and Time.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

hard counter posted:

a few days ago i watched eight men out, a movie about the 1919 'black' sox scandal in baseball, and mahoney was great in it as kid gleason

dude was definitely talented

I rewatched an episode of 3rd Rock from the Sun a few days ago, and Mahoney played an rear end in a top hat professor that no one liked, but only Dick would actually be open with how much of an rear end in a top hat he was.

It was Frasier-era, but I didn't see a hint of any of the warmth he had as Martin Crane. Such a small sitcom role, but it's amazing that my first thought was, "I know it's the same actor, but I don't see the same character."

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

mojo1701a posted:

I rewatched an episode of 3rd Rock from the Sun a few days ago, and Mahoney played an rear end in a top hat professor that no one liked, but only Dick would actually be open with how much of an rear end in a top hat he was.

It was Frasier-era, but I didn't see a hint of any of the warmth he had as Martin Crane. Such a small sitcom role, but it's amazing that my first thought was, "I know it's the same actor, but I don't see the same character."

Ever see him in Burn Notice?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7-jqOtSlTo

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

THAT was an accident! THIS is malicious!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I wish there had been a really bad Frasier RPG PC game something similar to the early King's Quest games where you had to do all the text inputs.

DRINK SHERRY

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

> You can't drink Martin's girlfriend!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ha! That was a great episode. Frasier running the same "date" program over and over and it always being ruined.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Oh I’m sorry was I snippy? I didn’t realize it was too much to ask that there not be Gunpla in my living room!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Frasier's new living room decoration turns out to be an ancient Egyptian magical item, shenanigans involving children's card games ensue.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I did not find John Mahoney's portrayal of a guy using marijuana for the first time to be the least bit insulting in High Holidays. I love his greeting with Niles, it is probably the most authentic moment. The 'turn' in that episode is great, with Frasier helping Niles reveal the true nature of his so-called rebellion. "I did, didn't I?" Classic. That ep also doubles as a Freddie and Christmas episode, and is one of the better ones of both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

martin was in the korean war and worked vice for a while, there's no way that was his first time getting high

e: also, i agree, that ep is great