Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

If I ever hear of a meth scandal in MLB my first question will be “is Cody bellinger alright?!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
?

His entire demeanor and Way are like the exact opposite of a meth high lol

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

A Pirates fan would know all the intricacies of a meth high.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
A violent and energetic high with a protracted sullen and nervy comedown, the way sports and drugs should be enjoyed

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

It really stinks that baseball has a commissioner that dislikes the sport of baseball

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

GalacticAcid posted:

?

His entire demeanor and Way are like the exact opposite of a meth high lol

it's the look, mainly.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Before we completely move away from all-time great hitters and all-time great center fielders in particular, just gonna shoehorn Oscar Charleston in there, impossible to know ultimately what his numbers could've been but he's clearly five-tool elite.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Duke Pukem posted:

It really stinks that baseball has a commissioner that dislikes the sport of baseball

But he really likes busting unions and that's why he was hired.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I’m at my dad’s place to watch what we hope are the last two games this season. Since he’s old he of course still subscribes to the LA Times. At least half the letters to the editor they published today are dunking on Plaschke. Even their own readers are tired of his poo poo!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

cursed

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

nsfw that poo poo

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
So apparently the Orioles GM - who is an ex-Astros FA guy who was there during the banging of the cans but skated through without being found at fault - is now being investigated for pension fraud. Turns out he gave pension benefits to two guys he brought with him over from the Astros even though they did not qualify for them, at the expense of other guys who did qualify, including the only black coach in the Orioles' organization.

https://twitter.com/NYDNSports/status/1320086848627236865

I'm starting to think that maybe, just maybe, the Astros cheating could have possibly stemmed a systemic culture problem as reflected in so many of their front office officials being huge pieces of poo poo? :thunk:

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Sydin posted:

So apparently the Orioles GM - who is an ex-Astros FA guy who was there during the banging of the cans but skated through without being found at fault - is now being investigated for pension fraud. Turns out he gave pension benefits to two guys he brought with him over from the Astros even though they did not qualify for them, at the expense of other guys who did qualify, including the only black coach in the Orioles' organization.

https://twitter.com/NYDNSports/status/1320086848627236865

I'm starting to think that maybe, just maybe, the Astros cheating could have possibly stemmed a systemic culture problem as reflected in so many of their front office officials being huge pieces of poo poo? :thunk:

Thank god they got Osuna, though. So loving glad they got Osuna.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I'm glad the lovely people are out of the organization now

Orioles GM not Astros GM :colbert:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

wow what a loving game

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I would like to note that Brett Phillips was an Astros prospect in 2017 :v:

e: actually nvm he was traded in 2016 not 2017

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
I screamed "what" so much so loudly that Im worried about my wife.
HOLYY poo poo

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
CHAOS BALL IS BEST BALL I LOVE BASEBALL SO MUCH
E: this was not meant for this thread hahaha

ChiTownEddie fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Oct 25, 2020

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

manfred can't kill this sport it owns too much

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1320219887856459777

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
so the talent agent says "wow that's quite an act! What do you call it"

"The aristocrats Dodgers in the World Series!"

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

If you're a Dodgers fan you better loving pray you win this World Series. Because holy poo poo.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Arozarena eating poo poo halfway down the line and scoring anyway was amazing

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Just give Brett Phillips the WS MVP right now

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Intruder posted:

Arozarena eating poo poo halfway down the line and scoring anyway was amazing

some Javy poo poo right there

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
N:

V:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Bregor posted:

Surely Dave Roberts can manage around this setback

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
when you watch enough baseball you get really used to the timing of running and plays and whatnot

when they panned out to show home, my eyes and I'm sure a lot of your eyes sort of reflexively went to where a-roz was supposed to be

he was not there. just nothing but a lot of green grass and a totally empty third base line

then he scored anyway

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

(bill simmons voice) does Phillips belong in the Geoff Blum All Stars?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
As much as I'm pulling for the Dodgers poo poo like that is exactly why I loving love baseball.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Somebody get a live feed on Bill Plaschke right now

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I have never seen a baseball game lost in such a slapdick manner

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

If you want some comedy r/Dodgers is melting down in a way I have never seen a subreddit do before. It is glorious.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

MrMojok posted:

I have never seen a baseball game lost in such a slapdick manner

Walk off obstruction comes pretty close

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOlihOEDXgE

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Kirios posted:

If you want some comedy r/Dodgers is melting down in a way I have never seen a subreddit do before. It is glorious.

Honestly looks like any given Cubs blog comments section on a day where they win but some guy gives up a run in the process.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

bewbies posted:

when you watch enough baseball you get really used to the timing of running and plays and whatnot

when they panned out to show home, my eyes and I'm sure a lot of your eyes sort of reflexively went to where a-roz was supposed to be

he was not there. just nothing but a lot of green grass and a totally empty third base line

then he scored anyway

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
https://youtu.be/r9WQ2R9sRTM

That's the only play I can think of that was stupider/more funny, but it loses points because it didn't happen in the world series

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

bewbies posted:

then he scored anyway

Yep, and then a half second later he runs into frame and I think "oh man he is loving meat" but then the catcher is scrambling and oh god he didn't actually get that throw, OH GOD HE BOGGLED THE loving BALL WHA-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004