Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Chud players chud so hard they vote and donate anti-union lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

Apparently donating to republicans

I heard Bomani Jones say somewhat recently something to the effect of "a lot of players support republicans and not just the ones (players) you'd expect."

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

sharknado slashfic posted:

I heard Bomani Jones say somewhat recently something to the effect of "a lot of players support republicans and not just the ones (players) you'd expect."

yeah they’re garbage people 🗑

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I would say a good portion of NFL players probably believe the union is holding them back from making way more money

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

you think? only like the top 5% of players at their position could honestly believe that

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

I mean would it really surprise people if Dak, Lamar, and AB owned maga hats?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
What did Dak ever do?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Russell Wilson owns one for sure

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What did Dak ever do?

Shut up and dribble

Dak posted:

"I never protest during the anthem, and I don't think that's the time or the venue to do so," Prescott said last month. "The game of football has always brought me such a peace, and I think it does the same for a lot of people, a lot of people playing the game, a lot of people watching the game, a lot of people that have any impact of the game. So when you bring such a controversy to the stadium, to the field, to the game, it takes away. It takes away from that. It takes away from the joy and the love that football brings to a lot of people.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Shut up and dribble

Yeah that’s not good.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I mean would it really surprise people if Dak, Lamar, and AB owned maga hats?

Lamar will probably own whatever hat he thinks looks cool

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
If there's anyone I could understand going in for social darwinism it's dudes who achieve gently caress off wealth through a lifetime commitment to an incredibly physically demanding sport.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

If there's anyone I could understand going in for social darwinism it's dudes who achieve gently caress off wealth through a lifetime commitment to an incredibly physically demanding sport.

NBA players seem to have their poo poo together.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Professional athletes are people who get paid in the highest marginal bracket, and it is regular income that cannot be shielded. They are in the subset of earners that have the highest effective tax rates. Ann Coulter was bitching about paying nearly half her income in taxes, and that's because she's in the same situation because of how she makes a living.

Professional athletes are generally isolated from most of the negatives that come from republican support. When you have one person say "you should pay no taxes" and another saying "I'm explicitly raising your taxes" and you're already paying a higher percentage than any other group of earner, you're gonna lean towards the former rather than the latter. That's what this comes down to. In their case it's literal tens to hundreds of thousands a year in their pocket.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

My hunch is that the smaller team sizes plays into that. The shittiest player on an NBA roster is going to be interacting with the resident superstars. How often do you think the Buccs 53rd man is chatting with Brady? Does Brady know the name, let alone give a gently caress about the journeyman with a mortgage that got cut to make way for AB?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

My hunch is that the smaller team sizes plays into that. The shittiest player on an NBA roster is going to be interacting with the resident superstars. How often do you think the Buccs 53rd man is chatting with Brady? Does Brady know the name, let alone give a gently caress about the journeyman with a mortgage that got cut to make way for AB?

For their sakes I hope they aren’t talking to Brady.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Thats because they hired Michelle Roberts and kicked Derek Fisher after he hosed over everyone

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What did Dak ever do?

Not enough to get a contract

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I think the alternative was not being paid if you were on the covid list

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Better Than You posted:

Russell Wilson owns one for sure

Russell Wilson explicitly said he voted for Hillary.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

Professional athletes are people who get paid in the highest marginal bracket, and it is regular income that cannot be shielded. They are in the subset of earners that have the highest effective tax rates. Ann Coulter was bitching about paying nearly half her income in taxes, and that's because she's in the same situation because of how she makes a living.

Professional athletes are generally isolated from most of the negatives that come from republican support. When you have one person say "you should pay no taxes" and another saying "I'm explicitly raising your taxes" and you're already paying a higher percentage than any other group of earner, you're gonna lean towards the former rather than the latter. That's what this comes down to. In their case it's literal tens to hundreds of thousands a year in their pocket.

yeah, like I said: 🗑

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
pro athletes are the mythical middle class hth

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Hey, we're likely to get an October snow game!

https://twitter.com/NoisyHuevos/status/1320192917139419139

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

so much for global warming!

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

2 to five inches huh...

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The last time Drew Lock played the Chiefs in snowy conditions it didn't go so well 😬

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1320082037043331072?s=21

Pretty incredible how the NFL policy went from rescheduling byes for multiple teams to "yeah he's good, he missed that one meeting."

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Because they found out that players don't actually care either

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jags getting on the tank train.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1320305061474566145

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Next years Patriots starting QB.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Yeah it's pretty amusing that now the NFL is just well if you test negative on the unreliable tests on game day you're good to go!

And by amusing I mean horrifyingly depressing.

We are all going to just have to learn to live with the virus because of these rear end fucks that just refuse to put a single ounce of effort into caring about it.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Without looking at the depth chart, who actually remembered who's behind Minshew right now?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

snow games own and are a primary reason never to be a fan of a dome team or a team in the south

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Power of Pecota posted:

Without looking at the depth chart, who actually remembered who's behind Minshew right now?

Rofl I wasn’t close at all.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Asproigerosis posted:

Yeah it's pretty amusing that now the NFL is just well if you test negative on the unreliable tests on game day you're good to go!

And by amusing I mean horrifyingly depressing.

We are all going to just have to learn to live with the virus because of these rear end fucks that just refuse to put a single ounce of effort into caring about it.

Yesterday, the president's chief of staff said that the pandemic is out of control, and there is no way to get it under control. They're not going to bother trying to control it as a result, and will just push for therapeutics and a vaccine, instead.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

They're going to win today

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Michael Thomas is still questionable with a hammy, and Sanders is already out.

Gonna be a lot of taysum today.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Put in Glennon. He's infinity cooler than poo poo-kicker

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

fartknocker posted:

Rofl I wasn’t close at all.

I would've never guessed (and I had no idea he was even still in the NFL)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

67% completion rate and 11/5 td/int with this garbage team.

Yup, problem must be the QB better put in ol long neck.