Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I have a co-worker who refuses to watch Rick & Morty (while nominally loving odd adult swim style comedy) because Justin Roiland is a loving weirdo who made a skit about loving a baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Do shelled reptiles fall under furries or something else?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

If dragons are furry then turtles are furry, imo

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

DisDisDis posted:

Monster Girls/fantasy races

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the ninja turtles are monster girls, got it

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
No that's rule 63 not the other one

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tales of Woe posted:

the ninja turtles are monster girls, got it

we dont mention the live action girl turtle

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Extremely curious but scared to google the words "live action girl turtle" in sequence

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

DisDisDis posted:

Extremely curious but scared to google the words "live action girl turtle" in sequence

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Tales of Woe posted:

they're used a lot in tv because you need to hook viewers in the first episode and not all stories have particularly exciting bits in the first 20 minutes worth of material, so you do it to show the eventual stakes or set up a little mystery as a hook

This used to really mess me up back in the day when Sci-Fi would only show a couple of episodes of any series. Record of Lodoss war was particularly bad, since the first episode is chronologically about half-way through the series and then the 2nd episode jumps right back to the start. It wasn't until I bought the series myself that I realized that was just how it was, and not Sci-Fi tossing episodes out in random order.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

there was a girl turtle in tmnt the next mutation which is an insanely bad show where michaelangelo runs an anti-drug pirate radio station and they spend 4 episodes of a 13 episode show fighting a mobster gorilla

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90KI1p1USP0

and the worst rap in the world

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

*clears throat*

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation was developed out of concepts for a 4th 90s live action movie. One of the plot ideas for that movie involved the concept of a fifth turtle, Kirby (named after Jack Kirby), as well as the turtles mutating further and becoming more monstrous. Kirby would have gone through that mutation sooner than the others, so he would have helped them adjust to their new bodies, but he was also rather bloodthirsty and vicious. They wanted to make a (relatively) darker movie similar to the first, rather than the more comedy-focused second and third movies. Almost all of these concepts got abandoned in the switch from movie to TV show, including the idea of further mutations. The name 'The Next Mutation' stuck, despite there being no further mutations in the show.

However, the idea of a fifth turtle stuck around. Since he was kind of a mentor figure in the movie pitch, they came up with the concept of him being a turtle that got mutated separately and earlier than the others, and he could act as a sort of uncle figure. However, that mentor role overlapped with Splinter. Execs also wanted a female character in the show, and they hadn't written April into any of their scripts at all. So Kirby got reworked into Venus, a female turtle. The female turtle being named after a work of art instead of an artist is probably telling.

She was very poorly written and very insistent that she was a 'shinobi' instead of a ninja, even though shinobi is A) just a word for ninjas and B) exclusively male, the same way kunoichi is exclusively female. This makes Venus woke I think. Senkags also uses Shinobi for its characters so Senran Kagura is also woke.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Oct 26, 2020

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

she's also a shinobi from...china

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Motto posted:

she's also a shinobi from...china
they googled 'chinese version of ninja' and got chinese copies of shinobi for the sega genesis is my guess

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well there's an American ninja so anything is possible

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

At least three of them

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
ohhhhhh
chinese ninja warriorrrrr
with your shell so haaaaard
de miloooooooo

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
gently caress dude, when's the simulwatch

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Preview for the Godzilla anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IFObXJabk4

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jet Jaguar??

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/NetflixJP_Anime/status/1320911644034097155?s=20

Netflix is also doing Way of the Househusband

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

:bignews:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

AND ONE MORE THING

https://twitter.com/NXOnNetflix/status/1320911295399424002

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

gently caress yes jet jaguar

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/NetflixJP_Anime/status/1320902219340730369?s=20

MAPPA doing an anime about the black samurai Yasuke with character designs by Koike.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Netflix finally announced B: The Beginning season 2 and that’s awesome because I think it’s a cool show. I’m rewatching it on Blu-Ray right now.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Alright, I'm totally done with Moriarty. It's been iffy so far, but this last episode really took a turn. The character of Albert was believable enough when he was okay with the idea of corrupt nobles being knocked off, but then he jumps from that to being totally down with committing vicious, coldblooded child murder. While a couple of other kids watch. Also, the show is taking it up a notch by framing Moriarty as not just a noble hero, but as an almost messianic figure who will save the world from evil. No sign of Sherlock yet, he hasn't even been mentioned.

If you want a show where smart people gather clues to figure out a murder, watch Talentless Nana.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Still remembering that little promo they cut with Kenjiro Tsuda as the Immortal Tatsu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktztBx-8onk

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

Just wanted to slide into this subforum that i havent visited in years to say that this Moriarty thing is exactly the kind of edgelord nonsense from the early 2000s that I love and I am all the way up in it.

:emo: Now I've lost it, I know I can kill. The truth exists beyond the Gate *guitar riff* :emo:

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
Sleepy Princess is somehow still making the theme of 'princess wants to sleep' work after 4 episodes, and making it work very well indeed. I'm learning more and more ways to ensure a comfortable night in case of insomnia.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Wark Say posted:

Still remembering that little promo they cut with Kenjiro Tsuda as the Immortal Tatsu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktztBx-8onk

He's returning in the lead role for this one, too:

https://twitter.com/canipashow/status/1320912127339589638?s=21

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Darth Walrus posted:

He's returning in the lead role for this one, too:

:tviv:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Isn't there a live-action TV series for Way of the House-Husband coming as well?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Eeepies posted:

Sleepy Princess is somehow still making the theme of 'princess wants to sleep' work after 4 episodes, and making it work very well indeed. I'm learning more and more ways to ensure a comfortable night in case of insomnia.

I thought it was going to be another anime that had one joke and immediately ran out of steam, but somehow, it hasn't? Reminds me of looney tunes tbh.

I thought for sure she was going to drown sleeping in the bath and upset the demon cleric again

It's consistently making me giggle

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Isn't there a live-action TV series for Way of the House-Husband coming as well?
Indeed it is!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Eeepies posted:

Well I'd hope so, given the manga has 16 volumes already.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The Tyre Genie is a hell of a reference to come out of nowhere in Sleepy Princess; Michelin Man and Michelin Stars

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
when do we get to nominate girl of the season

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

in the traditional end of the year thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i have no plans to add such a feature, though i am also merely a poster and not the ultimate arbiter of the thread as a concept