Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

snoo posted:

class solidarity

That would make it poop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

silicone thrills posted:

I recently bought a little chamomile and lavender oil to help me sleep and it really did help. I never thought I would be one of those people but I was kind of desperate. My sleep has been completely hosed for months.

Did you rub it on your face or hands or something before bed?

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1320508825045213185?s=20

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

yeah if you're not already in one of these areas where cases are surging please stock up and prep now :(

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

in australia its mandatory so there is no benefit from voter suppression if you have to let everyone do it.

Had a vision of mandatory voting in the US wherein the police mass arrest people in Georgia because they were still in line to vote at 8:01 PM and thus broke the law by not voting on time

This will probably happen anyway for some other reason though

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

ETA until Abbott overrides the order? :thunk:

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Louisgod posted:

Did you rub it on your face or hands or something before bed?

Just a little on my wrist/neck. Like a small drop.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Horseshoe theory posted:

ETA until Abbott overrides the order? :thunk:

6 minutes. also no one will enforce it anyway and no one will abide it

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

My extended family is giving me a migraine trying to include us in their idiotic thanksgiving plans. They're "following all the CDC guidelines" except like all the ones that specifically say don't do the exact poo poo they're attempting to do.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ah, the panic is beginning to spread.

snoo posted:

yeah if you're not already in one of these areas where cases are surging please stock up and prep now :(

:unsmigghh:

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

*obama voice* we killed some old folks

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Any of you have an issue with family and friends talking about social distancing and wearing masks and how they haven't seen anyone for weeks so you can totally come hang out... then you see photos of them on social media at an apartment party two days earlier?

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Blockade posted:

Any of you have an issue with family and friends talking about social distancing and wearing masks and how they haven't seen anyone for weeks so you can totally come hang out... then you see photos of them on social media at an apartment party two days earlier?

uh yeah i had a friend concerned about my mental health a few months ago and hes like “its totally cool if youre with people you know who stay safe or have been tested” and he’s going to bars now lmao

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Lmao yeah. A friend of mine was all "Were being so safe and taking so many precautions!" and then I saw they had a bbq with about 15 other folks I know at their house and they were all hugging.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Gio posted:

uh yeah i had a friend concerned about my mental health a few months ago and hes like “its totally cool if youre with people you know who stay safe or have been tested” and he’s going to bars now lmao

lol the concern trolling about "mental health" is so obnoxious

no, gently caress you, I'm perfectly fine in here. you're the one freaking out and itching yourself out of anxiety that you can't go and garlke snarfgh onto other people.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

no, gently caress you, I'm perfectly fine in here. you're the one freaking out and itching yourself out of anxiety that you can't go and garlke snarfgh onto other people.

yeah my parents are like this, I mean I'm not doing fantastic tbh, but at least I'm safe(r) :sigh:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

spent the last of a bezobux gift certificate on a 3m respirator and some p100 filters last week, feeling good about that decision rn

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

facetoucher cat posted:

totally normal Sunday evening reading Better Homes and Gardens on how to make homemade disinfecting wipes because the stores are still out

https://www.bhg.com/homekeeping/house-cleaning/surface/how-to-make-disinfectant-wipes/

https://www.staples.com/caresour-hand-sanitizer-wipes-50-wipes-w-075/product_24443474

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I spend a lot of time thinking about all of the gender dysphoria fixing stuff that I haven't done this year because it felt unsafe to do any of it. Then I see packed restaurants, bars and tattoo shops every time I go to get groceries.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

the one thing i wonder/worry about, which im sure a lot of people here do, is having serious/crippling agoraphobia the rest of my life but other than that im good lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Gio posted:

the one thing i wonder/worry about, which im sure a lot of people here do, is having serious/crippling agoraphobia the rest of my life but other than that im good lol

just go for walks whenever you can or something similar

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Thank you! I should have checked there

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I also think about how I skipped my beloved grandmother's funeral in early March because I went "I don't want to risk taking the virus from Seattle to New York!"

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

yeah my wife and i do all the time, and other than the agoraphobia quarantine has been good for our health, mental and physical. but its caused me to treat every human interaction as a high stress situation.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Vishass posted:

My extended family is giving me a migraine trying to include us in their idiotic thanksgiving plans. They're "following all the CDC guidelines" except like all the ones that specifically say don't do the exact poo poo they're attempting to do.

just make an accurate mannequin of your body and tape an iPad to it.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

I've been doing this and I'm still suspect of any human that comes within 20 yards of me.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Blockade posted:

I've been doing this and I'm still suspect of any human that comes within 20 yards of me.

:hmmyes:

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

even though i'm immune now and would be unable to infect myself or others, i still don't really care to go out because the chud concentration is guaranteed to be higher. well that and im fucken broke lmao

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

VectorSigma posted:

even though i'm immune

hmm

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Blaziken386 posted:

He deleted the tweet of this, but the video's still on the servers so lmao
the dems are so useless it hurts
"this dude was so stressed due to poverty and impending homelessness that he committed suicide. because of this, i'm proposing an anti-suicide task force, rather than addressing the fundamental problems I literally just described :downs:."
https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1320115173802258443/vid/720x720/xzYYcToM_eXNTtSR.mp4

I was wondering if Trump saying to inject disinfectant would remain the defining single moment I tell children about when I'm old and want to remind them I lived through 2020

but I think this is the one, yeah, this is the one

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

for at least 2 1/2 more months anyway

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Gio posted:

yeah my wife and i do all the time, and other than the agoraphobia quarantine has been good for our health, mental and physical. but its caused me to treat every human interaction as a high stress situation.

maybe I just have broken brain from working in a high COVID environment but I'm just not phased. I try to avoid people as much as possible at work but if someone gets too close to me I just get up and move somewhere else with minimal stress

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Melburnians are being freed, from tomorrow night they can get on the beers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAiraELbRTE

https://twitter.com/bridgerollo/status/1320582087582203906

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

SKULL.GIF posted:

maybe I just have broken brain from working in a high COVID environment but I'm just not phased. I try to avoid people as much as possible at work but if someone gets too close to me I just get up and move somewhere else with minimal stress

Something I found quite funny is that I usually get immediate distancing compliance if I imply that I might have it as well.
"For both of our sake, we should keep our distance, I mean I might have it - you might have it..."

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
lmfao people are gonna go ham and it's gonna pop off again lmfao

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

lmfao people are gonna go ham and it's gonna pop off again lmfao

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Gio posted:

its caused me to treat every human interaction as a high stress situation.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

without a doubt. my dad says the same thing. now he shouldnt be working bc he’s 67, but thats another story entirely.

but yeah, wfh since march has messed with my wife and i’s brain. my brother and sister in law’s brains, too.

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

Nothus posted:

https://twitter.com/60Minutes/status/1320520909212573696?s=19

Lmao the Biden admin isn't going to poo poo either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The open er upping has begun in Melbourne!!

"I am very pleased to announce that from 11:59pm on Tuesday October 27, all retail will open. Restaurants, hotels, cafe's and bars will reopen as well.

Indoor, there will be a maximum of 20 people, seated, with 10 people per space. Outdoor, a maximum of 50 people with one person per two square metres. Beauty, personal services and Tattooing, provided you can wear a mask, will reopen.

There will be a dark opening, that is to say, staff required to make the business ready for trading and, importantly, not just good enough to be ready must be COVID as well, they are able to attend the work place immediately, forthwith they are able to do that work to be ready for midnight tomorrow night.

Outdoor community sport for under 18 and outdoor noncontact sport for adults will recommence as well. The four reasons to leave home will be removed.

The 25 kilometre travel limit remains in place and the regional metropolitan border remains in place but I will come back to that in just one moment. Other major changes, outdoor gatherings remain at a maximum of 10 people, infants under 12 months are not included in the calculation of 10 and gatherings will no longer be limited to just two households to can be more than two households but the group cannot exceed 10.

Weddings will increase to a maximum of 10 people. Funerals will increase to a maximum of 20 mourners.

In terms of faith and religious gatherings and we know how important this has been for many people of faith across the community, indoor there will be a maximum of 10 people plus a faith leader. Outdoor there will be a maximum of 20 people plus one faith leader."

More opening on Nov 8. We had no cases today.