Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Secret Lair: "Wait For It...", and its just Jhoira of the Ghitu and a few cards with Suspend

Secret Lair: "Three For One", includes Giant Growth, Lightning Bolt, Dark Ritual, Healing Salve and some random card that does 3 of something for U because theyll never reprint ancestral

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Dreqqus posted:

Might not be the best thread for this, but does anyone know a good spot to get sleeves cheap? Got about a 1000 cards coming in soon, and would prefer to spend less than a hundred bucks on sleeves if I can.

For large orders like this I bought Eclipse Sleeves in bulk from Potomac Distribution directly. 600 sleeves of Eclipse Gloss for $41 or so. Works out to roughly $6.80 a pack. They also carry KMC and dragon shield.

Edit: obviously you can go the AliExpress route but I don’t know how long it will take to get to you or the quality.

Nystral fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Oct 24, 2020

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Silhouette posted:

Secret Lair: "Wait For It...", and its just Jhoira of the Ghitu and a few cards with Suspend

Secret Lair: "Three For One", includes Giant Growth, Lightning Bolt, Dark Ritual, Healing Salve and some random card that does 3 of something for U because theyll never reprint ancestral

Ancestor's Recall
U
Sorcery
Return three creatures you control to their owners' hands.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Silhouette posted:

Is there a scry 3 for U sorcery because that would fit.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

The Shortest Path posted:

Is there a scry 3 for U sorcery because that would fit.

Mystic Speculation. It has Buyback.

Dumper Humper
Jul 15, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Dreqqus posted:

Might not be the best thread for this, but does anyone know a good spot to get sleeves cheap? Got about a 1000 cards coming in soon, and would prefer to spend less than a hundred bucks on sleeves if I can.

What kind

You can get ten packs of basic ultra pro 100 count sleeves for about 70 bucks

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/your-wish-my-commander-legends-part-1-2020-10-26

Vamp Tutor reprint

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Oct 26, 2020

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

drat I can’t wait to Ultimate this baby in my Atraxa deck

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

This seems like a mistake

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Bust Rodd posted:

Yet another busted Sphinx that hides behind the guise of being too mana hungry.

[Laughs in Unesh]

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I guess it's easier to remove than an artifact?

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Count Bleck posted:

Yet another busted Sphinx that hides behind the guise of being too mana hungry.

[Laughs in Unesh]

I had similar thoughts, I saw this and immediately went "Oh my friend is gonna loving love this".

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
So I guess you could have 4 upkeeps in a turn now. More if you clone it.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Just cast it with Aggravated Assault in play.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
I was wondering if the pre-post combat stuff works, or if they were additional mains without qualifying as pre or post.

'"505.1a." posted:

Only the first main phase of the turn is a precombat main phase. All other main phases are postcombat main phase. This includes the second main phase of a turn in which the combat phase has been skipped. It is also true of a turn in which an effect has caused an additional combat phase and an additional main phase to be created.

Yep.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Bust Rodd posted:

I just built a Jhoira of the Ghitu deck, this looks like a ~pretty okay~ addition.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
They printed a new Ramirez dePietro

Count Bleck posted:

Our son, our boy. No!

Ghost of Ramirez DePietro
2U
Legendary Creature - Pirate Spirit
Ghost of Ramirez DePietro can't be blocked by creatures with toughness 3 or greater.

Whenever it deals combat damage to a player, choose up to one card in any graveyard that has been discarded or milled this turn. Put that card into its owner's hand.

Partner

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

It's an interesting partner commander. I'm not sure what you build to take advantage of it best but it seems pretty decent.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Finally, I can play monoblack Maralen of the Mornsong

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
aaaaaand maralen's been bought out.

I snagged one from an LGS's site just now.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

lmao

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

So what does this card do to cEDH? Aven Mindcensor already sees a lot of play and this effect is much stronger for the same cost. It hoses combo wincons pretty thoroughly.

E: the more I think about this card the more absurd it seems. Even just playing it into a turn 1-2 fetchland is crippling for that player and demands answers from the entire table. This is probably the strongest card in the set.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Oct 27, 2020

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Flashing it into someone's Tutor is going to be hilarious and a great way to gently caress with people whose entire EDH strategy is "My deck is built to burn through 100 cards to get the exact combo pieces I need to go infinite".

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

So what does this card do to cEDH? Aven Mindcensor already sees a lot of play and this effect is much stronger for the same cost. It hoses combo wincons pretty thoroughly.

E: the more I think about this card the more absurd it seems. Even just playing it into a turn 1-2 fetchland is crippling for that player and demands answers from the entire table. This is probably the strongest card in the set.

It's a loving absurd card. "play" not "cast" makes it even more loving absurd.

Why does it have flash? wtf.

Also Maralen is now like, not available, anywhere.

pseudanonymous fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Oct 27, 2020

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

You can cast it at instant speed turn one off a dark ritual. :getin:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

We have this one guy in our playgroup who plays his Gaea's Cradle in pretty much every deck he ever makes, I'm going to steal his $500 card as often as possible lmao

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

i'm going to make him break into a cold sweat when ever he sees 2b open on his turn

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

*opponent tutors for Opposition Agent with their Maralen of the Mornsong*

I, a gentleman, flash in my own Opposition Agent, stealing your Opposition Agent before you have the chance to lock me out.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

You can cast it at instant speed turn one off a dark ritual. :getin:

Gemstone caverns into dark ritual agent, loving over the guy going first cracking their fetch. Disgusting.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Honestly, it might be a good thing, it will be a defining card for the cEDH meta, now there's 2 ways to jack people's searches with flash, so people will probably move away from the crack lands and tutor heavy combo strategy, probably back into mass card draw, which can also be disrupted.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
The best and most battlecruiser way to play it is to have Endless Whispers out and Trench Gorger people.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

junan_paalla posted:

Gemstone caverns into dark ritual agent, loving over the guy going first cracking their fetch. Disgusting.

This is going to happen occasionally and it's going to be absolutely loving brutal.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

You can build an entirely wincon-less deck and use Opposition Agent + Scheming Symmetry to build your own wincon out of two opponents' decks.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

"As you cascade, you may put a land card exiled this way onto the battlefield tapped."

Even with the new stuff being printed I doubt he's worth running in the command zone simply due to lack of cascade density, but I think he'll play nicely in Maelstrom Wanderer, Yidris, or The First Sliver.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
That Craven Mindcensor is nuts. Just imagine casting it into someone's Doomsday.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Aven Mindslaver

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

That guy + word of command would just be a hilarious and enormous gently caress you.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Another slot taken in every deck with a generically good card, a boost to an already strong colour, and a way to hose decks that actually try to win. Just another day in the world of "designed for Commander"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I foresee a future in which this card is used to take the Thassa’s Oracle or Tainted Pact/Consultation and just using it to win faster. I don’t see it leading to long or protracted games.