Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

lih posted:

she's the volleyball manager but it's been implied she's had a crush on shino for ages

i don't recall which other friend you're talking about

shino and nozomi's best friends are both gay and into them as well. had back and back chapters dedicated to this fact, but they don't seem to get the same traction as the volleyball manger or shino and nozomi together.

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

The mangadex post doesn't have any tag for yuri or romance or the like. I'm pretty sure this is purely an instance of shipping, not actual romance lol.

like if you read the thing there is a chapter where shino is just, horny to be in the same bed as nozomi. the manga isn't subtle, people who do tags are just idiots.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Dec 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

kidcoelacanth posted:

i read school zone over the weekend why was i not already reading school zone

welcome to the zone

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ah, synchronicity, the Ani Yome and Nettaigyo fanbases are both rehashing the "but does it COUNT" discussion at the same time

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Snooze Cruise posted:

the manga isn't subtle, people who do tags are just idiots.

Yeah, kuzushiro manga have the subtlety of a brick, and yet somehow people still insist otherwise.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

chumbler posted:

Yeah, kuzushiro manga have the subtlety of a brick, and yet somehow people still insist otherwise.

Unless the people gently caress it's impossible to tell what's going on

Also just realised that kuzushiro wrote Inugami-san

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

And that leads back to my second question: Just how old is the brother's wife?

I can't point to a specific panel or anything but my understanding is Nozomi is 6 years older than Shino.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Demon Prince of Momochi House v16 is out, which means I can finally start reading v1 :toot: pretty sure I got that rec from this thread and I've been sleeping on it while I wait for all the volumes to get TLed.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
You've heard of Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl, now get ready for Nervous Boy and Beautiful Boy

(except that appears to be the end of it, unfortunately)

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
wouldnt be surprised if there's some kind of continuation just cause mochi au lait is also a bl author

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

ToxicFrog posted:

Demon Prince of Momochi House v16 is out, which means I can finally start reading v1 :toot: pretty sure I got that rec from this thread and I've been sleeping on it while I wait for all the volumes to get TLed.

yay! it may very well have been me posting about it not sure I've ever seen anyone else mention it. I've been buying the volumes but have several I haven't read yet, kinda thinking I might do a re-read since it's been a while since I left off.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Endorph posted:

13 year old/30 year old agegap before

:chloe: Jesus loving christ

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lih posted:

the series where the high school girl actually ends up dating her brother's wife just ended and it was very very bad

personally i'm cheering for nozomi x heidi and shino x koizumi

She doesn't actually do that in that one, either.

also minato is way better than koizumi :colbert:

:chloe: Jesus loving christ

A 13 year old age gap isn't THAT big if you're both like, 30/40.

e: wait no I misread that lol

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Oct 26, 2020

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
tfw your age gap is old enough to drive, unlike your partner

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Rofl at the misread

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Acerbatus posted:

A 13 year old age gap isn't THAT big if you're both like, 30/40.

e: wait no I misread that lol

lmao

also: new (and final?) handsome girl and sheltered girl

Metis of the Chat Thread fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Oct 26, 2020

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
MangaUpdates still has it as ongoing, I don't think that chapter's the final one.

e; the way it's setting up Kanda's sibling and their classmate at the end also just, does not make it feel final at all, unless it got cancelled after this chapter was already published.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Oct 27, 2020

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Ok good, it felt kind of final but I'll be very happy to see it continue.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mochi's twitter seemed to say 13 is the final chapter which is a bit of a downer, but my japanese isn't great so I might be misunderstanding.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Sad, that manga is comfort food

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i could see mochi au lait doing a sequel thing about kanda's brother or something eventually, not like it'd be out of their wheelhouse

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

All this posting about shipping makes me think of 'Stretch', and it makes me wish I had the talent to make a smiley with the text "it is a stretch" and call it :iias:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the stretch meme sucks imo. manga ended years ago and the vampire manga the author has been doing is explicitly yuri

hell vampeerz has a jokey side chapter that's just one of the characters pulling out stretch and asking someone "hey do you know where the next volume of this is"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

All this posting about shipping makes me think of 'Stretch', and it makes me wish I had the talent to make a smiley with the text "it is a stretch" and call it :iias:

:rolleyes:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

stretch, and its ending, are good, and gay.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

The Colonel posted:

the stretch meme sucks imo. manga ended years ago and the vampire manga the author has been doing is explicitly yuri

hell vampeerz has a jokey side chapter that's just one of the characters pulling out stretch and asking someone "hey do you know where the next volume of this is"
My observation was meant more as a meta-comment on the whole subject of shipping and how sometimes it really can be a stretch, while also incorporating the manga because of its history, but I guess it fell flat.
orz

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

never read stretch, what was its problem

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

My observation was meant more as a meta-comment on the whole subject of shipping and how sometimes it really can be a stretch, while also incorporating the manga because of its history, but I guess it fell flat.
orz

meta-comment...
and you are bringing this up... in a convo where the entire point was... its not a stretch for the manga we were talking about...

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
starting to get the impression... you might be... a nerd!!!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Pollyanna posted:

never read stretch, what was its problem

Whole lotta romantic tension between the two leads (roommates), which seemed to be working up to them getting into a relationship with each other... Then one of them moves out, and the series ends.

Plenty of build up, and then we were left hanging.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
She moved out temporarily for her job, and they confirmed that they would go right back to living together when she comes back.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the way people posted about it in this thread used to gave me the mistaken impression they went off and got boyfriends with how much vitriol people talked about it with

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's weird that stretch being a single manga with a somewhat inconclusive and low key ending has resulted in it being viewed as a symbol of a disappointing manga continuously over the five years since it ended

like if i was gonna get mad at the ending to a manga about human relationships i'd go for blue flag

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

The Colonel posted:

it's weird that stretch being a single manga with a somewhat inconclusive and low key ending has resulted in it being viewed as a symbol of a disappointing manga continuously over the five years since it ended
yes but have you considered instead an ending that was horny as f*ck

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

starting to get the impression... you might be... a nerd!!!
hmm, i hadn't thought of that
brb, changing my entire worldview

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Coaaab posted:

yes but have you considered instead an ending that was horny as f*ck
theres no way those two didnt bang when they met back up

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Literary parallels

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Snooze Cruise posted:

the way people posted about it in this thread used to gave me the mistaken impression they went off and got boyfriends with how much vitriol people talked about it with
I read Aqua and Aria not too long ago and while that's not REALLY a romantic/yuri series, It sure was something to get to the end after so much subtext and have the one girl suddenly quit her job and leave to get married to a dude we never see.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
kozue amano really likes doing that yes

amanchu's somehow worse. entire story about the relationship between two girls that uh. introduces a way younger boy halfway through just to prove they're not gay

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The Colonel posted:

kozue amano really likes doing that yes

amanchu's somehow worse. entire story about the relationship between two girls that uh. introduces a way younger boy halfway through just to prove they're not gay

Really? I haven't read amanchu in a while but i thought the two leads were either going out or basically there around the time I stopped keeping up with it, when did they add the guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Rody One Half posted:

I read Aqua and Aria not too long ago and while that's not REALLY a romantic/yuri series, It sure was something to get to the end after so much subtext and have the one girl suddenly quit her job and leave to get married to a dude we never see.

Oof, yeah. I probably wouldn't have minded as much if she had hooked up with that Fire Nation guy that obviously had a crush on her but "Random Guy Out of loving Nowhere!" was a lovely way to end what was a pretty pleasant series. I stayed away from Amanchu because of that and it sounds like that was the right call.