Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

i say swears online posted:

years ago there were a couple artists who would delete anything of their stuff that got uploaded to youtube so people started speeding it up or down a couple percent to get around the internet cops

it was infuriating

this sounds even worse than the "song, but now it's in a major or minor key" fad that was passing around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paffgen
Jul 13, 2009
Some people talk really slow and sound normal at 2x speed, sometimes I 2x speed it if it's an interview or something where they're on a boring subject and I want to get to the interesting part without guessing and skipping ahead.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Victory Position posted:

surprisingly enough, Alvin and the Chipmunks slowed down back to regular speed makes the songs sound particularly moody and good

someone did this once and released it as an album, but I can't remember what it was called; it's version of "Walk Like An Egyptian" stands out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU-MYe0SL9Q&ab_channel=LunarOrbit

slams you right into turbo with "call me" with ZERO prep for what you're about to actually listen to

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
this cumtown stuff is getting weirder and weirder

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

landgrabber posted:

I'm a musician so I guess I'm triggered or whatever but music is literally composed to be at a certain tempo as part of the artistic statement

just don't listen to music if you can't encounter it at its intended speed

i have news for you - the composer is dead. source: http://www.expandedfield.net/

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
Does anyone here listen to Report This Post? I used to listen to it regularly until they started releasing half a free episode a week lol.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
eh, sure, but there's like a hundred free eps before that, it's not a podcast that you listen to for current events commentary

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Dumper Humper posted:

I have a lot of sex and I don't read every post

same here brother

funny song about politics
Feb 11, 2002
Listening to podcasts at >1.5x speed, which I do in most cases, has definitely damaged part of my brain. I have to do the same thing with Youtube videos now, and back when I used to go to in-person lectures I found them intolerably slow. I'm legit curious about what this might be doing to the audio processing parts of my brain, and I think someone will eventually get a good paper out of doing that study.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

a Loving Dog posted:

same here brother

i hosed him first my dude

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

SpaceGoku posted:

slams you right into turbo with "call me" with ZERO prep for what you're about to actually listen to

lmao this kicks rear end

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

SpaceGoku posted:

timestamp for walk like an egyptian is 6:10

holy crap lol this is haunting

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

it's absolutely incredible

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

i've heard it, and now i want to find the guy who sold it to me as an unreleased sisters of mercy demo

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I listen to all podcasts at 33rpm pitch +8. Long live the new "Flesh"

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

SpaceGoku posted:

This is going to be trailer music sooner or later.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

SpaceGoku posted:

lol

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/businessinsider/status/1320783266501304321?s=20

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I can't believe Spotify is going to make listening to podcasts at 2x speed the default

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Spotify's algorithm of recommending things you'll definitely like is going to doom a whole generation of nerds.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Atrocious Joe posted:

I can't believe Spotify is going to make listening to podcasts at 2x speed the default

THS
Sep 15, 2017

it would be funny if the spotify podcast algorithm is copied off youtube’s tech and it starts just recommending nazi podcasts regardless of what your interests are

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Victory Position posted:

surprisingly enough, Alvin and the Chipmunks slowed down back to regular speed makes the songs sound particularly moody and good

someone did this once and released it as an album, but I can't remember what it was called; it's version of "Walk Like An Egyptian" stands out

this poo poo right here is all time classic sludge doom horror music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK8TQ11uJ_4

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Equeen posted:

Does anyone here listen to Report This Post? I used to listen to it regularly until they started releasing half a free episode a week lol.

i've listened to a few but it's kinda dull and i get the feeling theyre sick of doing it lol

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

THS posted:

it would be funny if the spotify podcast algorithm is copied off youtube’s tech and it starts just recommending nazi podcasts regardless of what your interests are

Joe Rogan seems like by far their most popular podcast, and disproportionate popularity is like candy to pretty much any recommendation algorithm.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

excited for the spotify podcast algorithm to go from joe rogan -> jordan peterson -> the daily shoah

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

as long as the Nazi podcasts acknowledge the right of Israel to exist and do not endorse BDS, they legally aren't anti-Semitic.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

this reminded me of how left wing therapy twitter became a thing over summer

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

gh0stpinballa posted:

this reminded me of how left wing therapy twitter became a thing over summer

Sometimes I read things like this and I'm relieved I got banned from twitter

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Crane Fist posted:

I'm relieved I got banned from twitter

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I've lappsed from pod because no job, then I did job. For 30 days and got back into pod. Now I have no job again but I wanna stay pod.

I just skipped all the episodes and just picked up on the most recent ones, much like how I skipped this thread to :justpost:

But hoo boy I wanna press the previous page button to read up on variable pod speed and pod /played stats.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

i have no sex and i read every post itt

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

having listened to almost all of it now, i reiterate that Endless Picnic is extremely good. episode 29 i
especially enjoyed.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
have about 70 unlistened to eps of Cum Town

as i recall mainlining a similar queue did no good for benghazi 2

week by week the queue only grows larger

Dr. Killjoy has issued a correction as of 18:09 on Oct 27, 2020

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1321095138458959877?s=20
gently caress, man

Truancy-Bot
May 9, 2012

eat a dick, truancy-bot

This sucks. Will's dad made me wish my dad was cool

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Dr. Killjoy posted:

have about 70 unlistened to eps of Cum Town

as i recall mainlining a similar queue did no good for benghazi 2

week by week the queue only grows larger

as long as you listen to it at 2x speed you should be fine

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

well there's your answer on why he was in the Hamptons, you massive rear end in a top hat

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

drat RIP papa menaker you will never be forgotten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clibanarius
Sep 22, 2020

by Athanatos

T-man posted:

i have no sex and i read every post itt

i have no nut and yet i must bust