Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Shaffness posted:

Tyler Lockett is also 6-0 everyone else on that team needs to take a bath.

I'd argue that Wagner and KJ are there with them. Kj especially.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Lockett is allowed in, everyone else shouldn't feel too bad about themselves but they're still 5-1. Thats gonna be a fun rematch.

The announcers cursed Russ by calling out how he said he loves playing in AZ's stadium.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Niners are going to loving stomp this trash defence next week

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I hate to say this, but I could absolutely see the Hawks going 10-6 by losing every division game with how that went yesterday

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
good breakdown of how the cardinals benefited from some bad line play

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1320737132017819649

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

half cocaine posted:

Yeah I wonder if the niners run game works better against the seahawks and if they take more deep shots.

My best description of the cardinals offense was it was very mechanical and sort of coddled murray. They're getting the pass blocking efficiency they want but they took like... 3? deep shots against a putrid secondary all game and on the last drives of the game where they were very much starved for time they were still running the ball and taking the openings in the middle of the field that were designed to be there by seattle. Lots of spikes and larry grabbing the ball to hand to the ref

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Qwijib0 posted:

good breakdown of how the cardinals benefited from some bad line play

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1320737132017819649

Wow that first play

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

A big part of Cards D success was when Hawks RB Homer went out with injury and RB Dallas came in.

Homer is meh as a runner but he’s a great pass blocker. That huge OT sack on Russ with the free defensive runner occurred because Dallas straight up didn’t touch him. Dallas didn’t even see him, somehow, until the sack was made.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Cards continued to run that 0-6-5 package too. It's really useful on overload blitzes because you don't have to either get an interior d lineman triple teamed or drop a fat guy into coverage

LBs have been another insane turnaround. Vance last year looked like nothing special and that was with a healthy chandler jones. This is a legion of whom that's been coached up

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

half cocaine posted:

Maybe but you'll still lose

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

half cocaine posted:

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1320739389971042306

I don't know how hurt Joe Wilson is, we're down to Hasty now, but... we've also got Juice, and this breakdown shows just how good the niners' OL is at driving the run game even without starting center Ben Garland (knee). Baldinger has praise for Hasty in this video but it sure looks like they can pick up five yards with any warm body at RB. Who needs wide receivers?

The big problem is how badly beat up the niner's D is. They can chew up eight minutes on a successful drive running the ball on the hawks, but never count out RWB. He's not going to throw three interceptions again and he's never going to be as bad as Cam Newton was this weekend. If the hawks can stop like... three drives in the whole game, that may be enough to generate a win, because they're going to score TDs.

This is how hosed up the niners are on defense.
IR:
DE Ezekiel Ansah (biceps)
DE Nick Bosa (knee)
DE Dee Ford (back)
LB Mark Nzeocha (quad)
CB Richard Sherman (calf)
DL Solomon Thomas (knee)
CB K'Waun Williams (knee)

Out week 6:
LB Kwon Alexander (ankle)
S Jaquiski Tartt (groin)
DB Jimmy Ward (quadricep)
DE Ronald Blair

Already out week 7
DT Julian Taylor (ACL) (expected return week 8)

Played coming off injury week 6:
CB Dontae Johnson (groin)

Practice squad guys rostered week 6:
S Johnathan Cyprien
S Jared Mayden

Coming off Covid for week 7 hopefully:
DE Jordan Willis

Like holy gently caress, the niners second and third team defensive guys have shown up, but you cannot look at this butcher's list and think "the seahawks will struggle to score week 7"

The bright spot for niners fans is that there's several guys scheduled to come off IR in week 8. They will likely need to be eased back in, but by week 9 the situation will have improved, assuming no further injuries.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Leperflesh posted:

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1320739389971042306

I don't know how hurt Joe Wilson is, we're down to Hasty now, but... we've also got Juice, and this breakdown shows just how good the niners' OL is at driving the run game even without starting center Ben Garland (knee). Baldinger has praise for Hasty in this video but it sure looks like they can pick up five yards with any warm body at RB. Who needs wide receivers?

The big problem is how badly beat up the niner's D is. They can chew up eight minutes on a successful drive running the ball on the hawks, but never count out RWB. He's not going to throw three interceptions again and he's never going to be as bad as Cam Newton was this weekend. If the hawks can stop like... three drives in the whole game, that may be enough to generate a win, because they're going to score TDs.

This is how hosed up the niners are on defense.
IR:
DE Ezekiel Ansah (biceps)
DE Nick Bosa (knee)
DE Dee Ford (back)
LB Mark Nzeocha (quad)
CB Richard Sherman (calf)
DL Solomon Thomas (knee)
CB K'Waun Williams (knee)

Out week 6:
LB Kwon Alexander (ankle)
S Jaquiski Tartt (groin)
DB Jimmy Ward (quadricep)
DE Ronald Blair

Already out week 7
DT Julian Taylor (ACL) (expected return week 8)

Played coming off injury week 6:
CB Dontae Johnson (groin)

Practice squad guys rostered week 6:
S Johnathan Cyprien
S Jared Mayden

Coming off Covid for week 7 hopefully:
DE Jordan Willis

Like holy gently caress, the niners second and third team defensive guys have shown up, but you cannot look at this butcher's list and think "the seahawks will struggle to score week 7"

Kind of my thought too. Offense needs to consistently score off 5min+ drives and hope the defense can get a few stops.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Congrats Cardinals, but good lord that game was begging to end in a tie.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/kfitz134/status/1320803429602578435

lmao

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Also I'm glad I went to bed at half time and watched the rest of the compressed game on lunch break today because I wouldn't have slept at all if I'd stayed up to watch the whole thing.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

If it was, the final score would’ve been 60-58.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

hifi posted:

Yeah I wonder if the niners run game works better against the seahawks and if they take more deep shots.

My best description of the cardinals offense was it was very mechanical and sort of coddled murray. They're getting the pass blocking efficiency they want but they took like... 3? deep shots against a putrid secondary all game and on the last drives of the game where they were very much starved for time they were still running the ball and taking the openings in the middle of the field that were designed to be there by seattle. Lots of spikes and larry grabbing the ball to hand to the ref

That's the whole scheme, basically. The whole thing is about spreading out the defense and taking the one correct matchup, whether that's a run, a short pass or, occasionally, a deep pass when the defense breaks on the short stuff. Endless five yard curls and straight ahead zone runs into light boxes, basically.

Honestly I don't love it, it's ugly and boring and makes for boring watching. But it's effective, and when the players themselves do something cool then it's fun to watch. Murray and Hopkins and Edmonds are fun to watch, often. But the endless short routes and short passes kind of annoy me a bit just because they're boring to watch. You can see a similar thing in the new Panthers offense.

Obviously it doesn't matter because the Cardinals offense is about winning games not pleasing me, just giving my opinion.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Play posted:

That's the whole scheme, basically. The whole thing is about spreading out the defense and taking the one correct matchup, whether that's a run, a short pass or, occasionally, a deep pass when the defense breaks on the short stuff. Endless five yard curls and straight ahead zone runs into light boxes, basically.

Honestly I don't love it, it's ugly and boring and makes for boring watching. But it's effective, and when the players themselves do something cool then it's fun to watch. Murray and Hopkins and Edmonds are fun to watch, often. But the endless short routes and short passes kind of annoy me a bit just because they're boring to watch. You can see a similar thing in the new Panthers offense.

Obviously it doesn't matter because the Cardinals offense is about winning games not pleasing me, just giving my opinion.

Light/heavy box matters sure but if it's seattles corners and seattles pass rush and you haven't given up a sack all night you should start looking at if it's man or zone and run past the zones or run deep crossing routes on man coverage

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/kfitz134/status/1320809623067054080

cris thought the cards just weren't ready

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
It's extremely possible for the NFC West to send all four teams to the playoffs this season actually. 2 important games I can see are the Rams need to win tonight and the 49ers need to beat the Packers in week 9.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

DariusLikewise posted:

It's extremely possible for the NFC West to send all four teams to the playoffs this season actually. 2 important games I can see are the Rams need to win tonight and the 49ers need to beat the Packers in week 9.

I think it’s probably unlikely. The South will probably end up with two representatives and the North as well because both of those divisions have weak bottom halves that will inflate the top two teams records. Meanwhile the west is just gonna beat the poo poo out of each other.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Pretty interesting detail from The Athletic that may factor into the 49ers/Seahawks game:

quote:

While the 49ers played one of the fastest games of the season on Sunday — their blowout win over the Patriots was over in 2:44 — their upcoming opponent, the Seahawks, played a nearly four-hour contest that they lost in overtime.

The Seahawks played 84 snaps on offense and defense while most of the 49ers’ starting defenders were on the sideline for the final series. The unit played only 52 snaps total. All of which ought to minimize the fact that the 49ers will be visiting Seattle a week after making their longest trip of the season.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

If Jamal Adams and Shaq can play, I think the Seahawks have a good chance at winning. Otherwise lmao.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Trade Deadline coming and I feel like Geno Atkins or literally whoever is decent on D-Line would be real nice if we are really gonna Let Russ Cook

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Gerund posted:

Trade Deadline coming and I feel like Geno Atkins or literally whoever is decent on D-Line would be real nice if we are really gonna Let Russ Cook

Everson Griffin is apparently available.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Deebo out at least a couple weeks and Jeff Wilson Jr to IR :c00l:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

We've still got mckinnon, and jamycal hasty seems fine? But I think the niners prefer to have three RBs on deck so I wonder who they'll go pick up this week

e. oh maybe some guy named Josh Hokit or some other guy called Austin Walter, who are supposedly on their practice squad if this site is to be believed

e2. yeah found on the niners roster where they list practice squad and those guys sure do exist. They list Hokit as a FB tho.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Oct 27, 2020

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I'm trying to remember which of the big free-agent D linemen from the offseason was looking washed up, was it Griffen?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Kyler Murray has done some impressive things but so far the most impressive is getting a two character twitter handle

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Leperflesh posted:

We've still got mckinnon, and jamycal hasty seems fine? But I think the niners prefer to have three RBs on deck so I wonder who they'll go pick up this week

e. oh maybe some guy named Josh Hokit or some other guy called Austin Walter, who are supposedly on their practice squad if this site is to be believed

e2. yeah found on the niners roster where they list practice squad and those guys sure do exist. They list Hokit as a FB tho.

Deebo out means just stack the box.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Manoueverable posted:

I'm trying to remember which of the big free-agent D linemen from the offseason was looking washed up, was it Griffen?

Griffen has 2.5 sacks playing ~50% of the Cowboys snaps, unless you are being sarcastic and talking about Clowney

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

NFC BEST

https://twitter.com/fo_aschatz/status/1320738796913205248?s=21

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

DariusLikewise posted:

Griffen has 2.5 sacks playing ~50% of the Cowboys snaps, unless you are being sarcastic and talking about Clowney

I wasn't trying to snipe at Clowney there, no. I think it was Griffen I was trying to refer to.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Spoeank posted:

Deebo out at least a couple weeks and Jeff Wilson Jr to IR :c00l:

Who needs a number 1 receiver

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

MakaVillian posted:

Who needs a number 1 receiver

i would like one puhleeeaase

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Kyler Murray has done some impressive things but so far the most impressive is getting a two character twitter handle

:hmmyes:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Hekker put on a masterclass of punting today.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Establish the Punt

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

seiferguy posted:

Hekker put on a masterclass of punting today.

This is truth.

DariusLikewise posted:

Establish the Punt

Weirdly, this may be true as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Rams are at 5-2 and currently the seventh seed in the NFC playoff race. Craziness.