Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

MassRafTer posted:

Bryan Alvarez and Dave Meltzer have been exposed by Wrestling Universal for taking payoffs from AEW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Osu_Hv0LDw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uW7lGxlEbs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS_Lii7cl_g

The second one is my favorite because he reads off the entries on the invoice including the Refreshments section.

Of course he would be british :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

did he really make the same video three times

is this the new way to pad your channel

e: lmao the third video is so mad

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Oct 25, 2020

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Go RV! posted:

did he really make the same video three times

is this the new way to pad your channel

Hey if he'd only made one video his channel would only get 600 views but with the same video 3 times he can get 1800 views instead. That's just smart maths

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

i think my favorite part is him obviously working himself up into a frenzy

video 1 was him saying "im not a wwe lover/hater, im not an aew lover/hater"

video 2 he started reading everything off the paper (obviously not googling anything) and saying how jim cornette had been asking if they were getting paid

video 3 is just him flat out angrily calling aew a "poo indie promotion" and failing to spell payroll correctly.

its art, really

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
...... are we sure he's not taking the piss?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
e: Wrong thread :doh:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The stipulation on the Roman match is one of the stupidest things I’ve ever seen.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Chinston Wurchill posted:

He's from Calgary so it's par for the course.

This loving province.

I hate it here, and can't wait to move out

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MRT I swear to gawd if you don't title next week's thread Poo Indie Promotion Discussion for 10/28

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

AEW: Like Something a Bird Left on the Hood of My Car

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

“no right”

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/Tegan_Nox_Guy/status/1320531697952124933

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/ji3xkr/hell_in_a_cell_spoiler_roman_reigns_deserves_an/

Everything in this thread

quote:

level 1
LukeHarper4President
645 points ·
8 hours ago

“I don’t even know who I am anymore”

Also loved Jimmy saying “whatever you’re going through, we got this”. Heart wrenching stuff

quote:

level 1
nameless_stories
279 points ·
7 hours ago

People say that hes a psychopath for crying and then immediately going back to murder Jimmy, but I'd like to think this is the character regretting what he's had to do, and regretting that he cant stop now. He knows that he's got to keep going and it wont end here.

This is just amazing storytelling

quote:

level 1
Taintedxkaren23
312 points ·
8 hours ago

That was seriously some good poo poo.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

FRIGHT ISLAND comes across as the only wrestling fan community online today where the users have other interests and knowledge outside of wrestling. I love Roman but he deserves an Oscar like Henry Kissinger deserves 10 more years of good living.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

FRIGHT ISLAND comes across as the only wrestling fan community online today where the users have other interests and knowledge outside of wrestling. I love Roman but he deserves an Oscar like Henry Kissinger deserves 10 more years of good living.

yeah I also watch anime and play video games

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
When I read the title I thought it was a sarcastic reference to Tropic Thunder and then realised that movie is 13 years old and is now what would be a very old reference. Turns out it was being played dead straight anyway.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

https://twitter.com/Baba_Says_What/status/1320693117285089282

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

*glances at Cowboy Bebop v The Young Bucks*

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

everyone knows the only way to tell a story in wrestling is to look directly into the camera say "what have I become" and then look at your hands.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Storytelling, that's when the wrestling stops and they recite lines for some reason right?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

ItohRespectArmy posted:

everyone knows the only way to tell a story in wrestling is to look directly into the camera say "what have I become" and then look at your hands.

He should've sang Judas

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/aecordea/status/1320711086702796800?s=19

I can't imagine there even being literally hundreds of wrestlers of any talent level on the Britwres scene once you remove the nonces

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I can't imagine there even being literally hundreds of wrestlers of any talent level on the Britwres scene once you remove the nonces

here I was thinking the "britwres isnt dead!!!" crowd had finally shut up, I guess it was wishful thinking on my part.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

As far as draws go there's PAC who might be willing to take a date to stay ring fit & and uhhhhh Grado if you're in Glasgow? There's probably a number of guys like Gabriel Kidd out there who could come on leaps & bounds with the right training (ie not being trained by a sexual abuser) but in the current environment, without much in the way of veterans to work with & learn from? I don't see it. There's some promising guys but the WWE really did a number on the scene as far as removing an entire generation that newcomers would work with & thus learn from.

Anyway, I liked their followup tweet when challenged to name them

https://twitter.com/aecordea/status/1320714102864596992?s=20

"Oh I would do it but I'd have to tag them & that'd be rude because you'd just call them poo poo"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There's also Aussie Open, Cara Noir and Millie McKenzie all kicking about and I'm nowhere near a BritWres expert so there's definitely gonna be more people around their level. There's not really any big names right now apart from PAC and not enough to sustain a whole ton of promotions but it's not like it would be impossible for someone to run a good show.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

forkboy84 posted:

There's probably a number of guys like Gabriel Kidd out there who could come on leaps & bounds with the right training (ie not being trained by a sexual abuser) but in the current environment, without much in the way of veterans to work with & learn from? I don't see it.
Kidd got picked up by NJPW. He's at the LA dojo being trained by Shibata and judging by his G1 opener matches he is coming along really well.

Last few times I went to an indie I was not overly impressed with the new crop of talent.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

There's also Aussie Open, Cara Noir and Millie McKenzie all kicking about and I'm nowhere near a BritWres expert so there's definitely gonna be more people around their level. There's not really any big names right now apart from PAC and not enough to sustain a whole ton of promotions but it's not like it would be impossible for someone to run a good show.

So what you're saying is that Riptide are going to be just fine.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

the Britwres scene once you remove the nonces

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Kaveman posted:

Kidd got picked up by NJPW. He's at the LA dojo being trained by Shibata and judging by his G1 opener matches he is coming along really well.

Last few times I went to an indie I was not overly impressed with the new crop of talent.

I know, that's what I meant. Kidd has come on by leaps & bounds since getting "stuck" in Japan during the pandemic. If other wrestlers could find themselves in a similar situation (like Akira Francesco has gone from Italy to living in the All Japan dojo & has really come on, whereas Danny Jones had a fun tour in January & then went back home & has been unable to do anything. Meanwhile Akira has 49 matches under his belt, there's only 5 dudes in AJPW with more appearances this year, has had title challenges & honestly is in with a shout for Most Improved. Hell, even Martin Kirby improved in the time he spent with Dragon Gate last year & he's a veteran, shame he retired) then they'd benefit similarly. Training in the UK is very ad-hoc compared to dojo life & while that's not for everyone, it has a track record & not just one or two companies.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/80sWrestling_/status/1320385047329951745

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

More than half of these guys died before age 60.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://twitter.com/Furnaccio/status/1320819967911223296

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lol

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

boomer wishes and caviar dreams

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
imo ban everybody over 50 from watching AEW. Don't want 'em.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MJeff posted:

imo ban everybody over 50 from watching AEW. Don't want 'em.
chris daniels sadly stands up and leaves gorilla

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Andre dead
BBM dead
Beefcake alive
Ax alive
Smash alive

Earthquake dead
HTM alive
Hulk alive
Jake alive
Dugan alive

Snuka dead
Animal dead
Hawk dead
Perfect dead
Savage dead

Rude dead
Piper dead
Slaughter alive???
MDM alive
Warrior dead

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Nystral posted:

Andre dead
BBM dead
Beefcake alive
Ax alive
Smash alive

Earthquake dead
HTM alive
Hulk alive
Jake alive
Dugan alive

Snuka dead
Animal dead
Hawk dead
Perfect dead
Savage dead

Rude dead
Piper dead
Slaughter alive???
MDM alive
Warrior dead

Huh if you'd asked me I woulda sworn Brutus was dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Nystral posted:

Andre dead
BBM dead
Beefcake alive
Ax alive
Smash alive

Earthquake dead
HTM alive
Hulk alive
Jake alive
Dugan alive

Snuka dead
Animal dead
Hawk dead
Perfect dead
Savage dead

Rude dead
Piper dead
Slaughter alive???
MDM alive
Warrior dead

Too lazy to edit Tony Khan/Cody's face onto a Master Mind/a Sentinel.