Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/FdB6OX2.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Looks like tim is bringing him character "tim heidecker" back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OydYDGqPq4Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9F0svqEtw4

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

According to Reddit Tim mentioned wanting to continue OC but Adult Swim isn’t interested? Anyone hear about this?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

sponges posted:

According to Reddit Tim mentioned wanting to continue OC but Adult Swim isn’t interested? Anyone hear about this?

I heard this on twitter too. They should crowdfund it, I read they film a whole season in one day anyways. It would be easy money for Tim, Gregg and LeRoux.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

sponges posted:

I don't know what he said on Reddit recently, but he's said for a while that Adult Swim has always been really hard to convince to put out money for On Cinema, especially the Oscar specials.

Did he say that OC is definitively canned by Adult Swim now?

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Chairman Capone posted:

Did he say that OC is definitively canned by Adult Swim now?

He briefly mentioned he can’t get a second day of shooting during a livestream today.

The rest of the livestream was him arguing with alt right trolls and it was just depressing

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

On cinema is the only creative satire of these stupid times kinda unsurprised they dont support it

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

sponges posted:

He briefly mentioned he can’t get a second day of shooting during a livestream today.

The rest of the livestream was him arguing with alt right trolls and it was just depressing

Yeah that's legit the worst part of office hours although I haven't heard todays episode yet.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I saw that Nick Fuentes was involved somehow and I can't believe that guy is still around.

At the very least it's not like Office Hours was back in 2016/17 when it felt like every episode had at least thirty minutes of Sam Hyde conspiracy theorists coming on to accuse Tim of being part of the Jewish Cabal.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

AV Club gave a good review to Tim's standup special:

https://tv.avclub.com/tim-heidecker-deconstructs-the-worst-comedy-sets-you-ve-1845463907

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gnnFVRlucg
Here's a link

Angryhead fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Oct 27, 2020

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

The special is hilarious

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
nah, I got the joke but it wasn't funny. 60 minutes of bad comedian isn't worth watching

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Just watched the special and it's great. The songs were a bit meh though.

huh fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Oct 27, 2020

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I'm Jack Nicholson

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

huh posted:

Just watched the special and it's great. The songs were a bit meh though.

Yeah, agree with this. Love pretty much everything Tim does, save for his music. (Though the Herman Cain album is the exception)

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mIRVtwtIUc

Empty Bottle is a masterpiece

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

When the remix comes on in the last Oscar Special, when everyone is passed out and dying... Hardest I've laughed in forever.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

LesterGroans posted:

When the remix comes on in the last Oscar Special, when everyone is passed out and dying... Hardest I've laughed in forever.

For a bit I thought that was how they were going to end the series. It would have been very on brand to end it like that so I really wasn't sure and grew more sure my joke guess was right as time crept on. (It should have been even longer to be honest).

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

https://twitter.com/JDogggg/status/1321960952862920704

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

The OCCU (On Cinema Cinematic Universe) is leaking again

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Definitely thought of that and Nathan Fielder's undead dog video

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Ingmar terdman posted:

Definitely thought of that and Nathan Fielder's undead dog video

I’ve already seen a video with the Nathan audio on it

Our people work fast

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Easily, somehow, the bleakest, most macabre, and least likely thing On Cinema has predicted. I can't believe someone would actually do this, and that someone else would be anything but horrified by the gesture.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I don’t know, I feel like On Cinema has been a Rosetta Stone to the last few years.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

The Moonbase 8 pilot is free to watch on Amazon, FYI.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

How is it?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
what is it

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

https://twitter.com/NightPromoting/status/1327798182881976320

This account is for gregg heads only

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

sponges posted:

Office Hours patreon email today said something similar. Nothing official from them, but they aren't getting back to him and they're all brainstorming where else it could live, but are unsure of it doing so anywhere else.

Huge bummer if this is the end of OC, but at least we got a ton of good seasons plus a movie and a couple live tours.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
I don't know why I hadn't heard of this before but has anyone else been watching the Adult Swim TRUTHPOINT PHASE III streams? They have a very on cinema feel to them.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Truthpoint really found its stride after they converted to zoom. The pre-taped segment at the end of the election special seems like it could be a finale though. Bummer

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

First episode of Moonbase wasn't funny. Wasn't sure if it was supposed to be?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Alan_Shore posted:

First episode of Moonbase wasn't funny. Wasn't sure if it was supposed to be?

I thought it was one of the strongest ones, mainly because of Kelce.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I've seen three episodes of Moonbase so far and I quite like it, it's really stupid and the only funny thing is prety much the mannerism of the actors, so exactly what I expected.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
moonbase is pretty nice, it's kinda low key, weird and amusing

however

is there a less funny person than fred armison

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
The presence of Fred Armisen can only detract from a project - the best you can ever hope for is neutral Armisen. And the amount he impacts a project is proportional to how big of an accent he is doing

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I don't really care enough to dislike celebs but armisen is kind of whatever. I was really surprised he hasnt had any real skeletons come out in the past couple years but I guess he skates the line between dirtbag and sex pest

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I've heard people online for years say that Armisen is some kind of predator but the only sources seem to be his Scientologist ex-wife and a five year old Gawker article that relied exclusively on anonymous comments from gossip websites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Chairman Capone posted:

I've heard people online for years say that Armisen is some kind of predator but the only sources seem to be his Scientologist ex-wife and a five year old Gawker article that relied exclusively on anonymous comments from gossip websites.

Well I believe that's enough to execute him now.

I'm not a fan but I thought he was not bad in this.