Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Senerio posted:

Explain, as you would a child. (or someone who doesn't watch New Japan. That also would work)

NJPW G1 spoiler
She was at the most recent G1 event, came out to cheer Will, and then distracted people while Tomoyuki Oka came out and helped Ospreay win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
The card of the next Assemble show has been announced:

Women's Pro Wrestling Assemble 2, Tokyo Ueno Park, 20th November

Dark Matches: ASSEMBLE Up-and-coming Edition:
Marvelous: Takumi Iroha vs Mio Momono
Sendai Girls: Natsuho Kaneko vs Yurika Oka
Pure-J: AKARI vs Chie Ozura

Marvelous Offer Match: Tomoko Watanabe, Hibiki & Mei Hoshizuki vs Takumi Iroha, Rin Kadokura & Masha Slamovich
Stardom Offer Match: Queens Quest (AZM & Saya Kamitani) vs STARS (Starlight Kid & Saya Iida)
OZ Academy Offer Match: Beast Friend (Aja Kong & Kaori Yoneyama) vs Mission K4 (Sonoko Kaito & Kaho Kobayashi)
Sendai Girls Offer Match: Chihiro Hashimoto & DASH Chisako vs Manami & Yurika Oka
SEAdLINNNG Offer Match: Yoshiko & Hiroyo Matsumoto vs Arisa Nakajima & Honori Hana
T-Hearts Offer Match: Sareee & Saori Anou vs Asuka & Riko Kawahata
Pure-J Offer Match: Hanako Nakamori vs KAZUKI
ASSEMBLE: Hall of Fame Edition: Jaguar Yokota, Chigusa Nagayo & Kaoru Ito vs Dump Matsumoto, Yumiko Hotta & KAORU

Its very similar to the first show in that its a load of matches that aren't the biggest match that a promotion can send but which also works as a showcase for that promotion: the Stardom match is perhaps smaller than the other matches here but I think that's only because they have a larger roster and its not like they've sent something that's not got any juice to it. It does confirm that the "promotions will only wrestle themselves" thing includes freelancers that regularly work a promotion as part of that promotion: Saori Anou (who, as far as anyone is aware, is unsigned) worked the OZ Academy match on show 1 and is in the Freelancer match here; Hiroyo Matsumoto is also a freelancer but is teaming with her regular SEAd tag partner Yoshiko here; Kaori Yoneyama is technically YMZ affiliated but in reality is a freelancer and so is Kaho Kobayashi) which is a good thing since if you limited a lot of these promotions to only their signed rosters you'd be getting an awful lot of repetition very quickly. Pure-J providing the first main card singles match (which should be very good: Nakamori goes under the surface a lot but is very good) which might partially be because they sort of need to: two of the people that worked their match on the last show have left since so the roster is not that large. The veterans match is technically the first interpromotional match on Assemble (Yokota and Ito from Diana, KAORU and Nagayo from Marvelous) but I don't think it really counts: that will be a really fun match since it'll be six vets just having a lot of fun: you'll have Dump's team doing over the top heel things which is always a laugh: totally a nostalgia match but those are great fun.

They've announced that the first three matches are Dark Matches that start an hour before the main show but I hope that they get on the PPV: all of the Iroha-Momono matches are great and I don't see that one being an exception and the other two matches are pure rookie matches which are always fun. Its a 'random draw' for card order again so who knows what the match order will be.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Ah I wish some of the other Joshi feds could have gotten on this just to showcase some of their wrestlers and that there could have been more interaction between promotions with the matches.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

card intrigues me more than the last one as a stardom/seadlinnng regular watcher who's p clueless on everything else outside of sendai.

has t-hearts ever ran a show? iirc from what someone told me when i was confused by the logo on the first one that's yumiko hotta's promotion?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

T-Hearts hasn't run a show but has a lot of merchandise already

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

T-Hearts hasn't run a show but has a lot of merchandise already

Following the AEW path to success, they'll be running the joshi scene in no time

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I guess throwing together tag teams and giving them ridiculous names is all the rage now because we have THE MOTHER FACE

https://twitter.com/gamilibre/status/1318827901739888641?s=19

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I guess throwing together tag teams and giving them ridiculous names is all the rage now because we have THE MOTHER FACE

If they don't put out a T-shirt I can put next to the Daisuke Sasaki THE CROSS FACE in my small but growing "wrestlers ripping off the North Face logo" shirt collection I'm going to be ever so cross

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Johnny Landmine posted:

If they don't put out a T-shirt I can put next to the Daisuke Sasaki THE CROSS FACE in my small but growing "wrestlers ripping off the North Face logo" shirt collection I'm going to be ever so crossface

You were right there.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1319164331590782976

very intrigued to see who X and X are.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Miyu specifically called out Aja and Meiko so it could be them. Maki's wrestled Aja Kong and Miyu's wrestled Meiko so it could make sense for them to wrestle their former opponents?

Oh poo poo, Mei Suruga!

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Miyu specifically called out Aja and Meiko so it could be them. Maki's wrestled Aja Kong and Miyu's wrestled Meiko so it could make sense for them to wrestle their former opponents?

Oh poo poo, Mei Suruga!

Yeah I didn't realise Mei was on there until someone else rt'd it on my TL and I was like :eyepop:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

MAKAI, the wrestling-inflected supernatural drama that Hikaru Shida and others are involved in just put out some of their first English language content (due to Shida having to work solo on this) https://youtu.be/4TAZdIIwGso

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Shida having a British accent because she learned English by watching the Harry Potter movies over and over despite living in America :allears:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I've actually been behind on Stardom and just caught up with the Yokohama show. How come nobody mentioned this:

https://twitter.com/ChameleonPw/status/1313663859878760454

Also, Momo's new outfit is a hot mess even by joshi standards.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Johnny Landmine posted:

If they don't put out a T-shirt I can put next to the Daisuke Sasaki THE CROSS FACE in my small but growing "wrestlers ripping off the North Face logo" shirt collection I'm going to be ever so cross

https://twitter.com/coala3itoh/status/1320187709571252224?s=19

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
hell yeah

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
There's something about Stardom's ASSEMBLE match that made me laugh when I saw it. Probably the fact it's as close to sending the Z-players short of their match being Hanan vs. Hina vs. Rina

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/senjo2006/status/1321017042569318400

Sendai Girls announcing that Meiko will only be making limited appearances going forward, including missing their 11.29 Korakuen show which is one of the bigger shows of the year for them. Not sure what this is about

it says on the website it's because she wants to give the young talent a chance to grow but that feels like an excuse kinda cos you'd think having one of the best wrestlers in the world to work with would help in that regards

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Oct 27, 2020

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

She's going to NXT UK wtf

https://t.co/S5jxuJZgao?amp=1

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Meiko's been tight with WWE since her MYC run, I was going to joke about her joining NXT Japan after your first post but I thought it was too obvious :v:

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

nobody can escape the infernal maw of nxt uk

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

Meiko's been tight with WWE since her MYC run, I was going to joke about her joining NXT Japan after your first post but I thought it was too obvious :v:

Yeah, NXT Japan seemed like the culprit initially cos that would make sense now they're making moves again. Going to UK in the grip of the pandemic to wrestle on no people shows in the 6th tier WWE brand is just bizarre.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Takumi Iroha is out for at least 10 months with an ACL and LCL tear.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Yeah, NXT Japan seemed like the culprit initially cos that would make sense now they're making moves again. Going to UK in the grip of the pandemic to wrestle on no people shows in the 6th tier WWE brand is just bizarre.

You're forgetting, upwards of nine thousand people will be watching on BT Sports. Nine thousand!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
congratulations to meiko satomura on her retirement

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

The one silver lining is Vince pays absolutely no attention to NXT UK, so Meiko won't be leading a group of ninjas through the parking lot of the converted Wetherspoons or wherever it is they film that poo poo.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Power Windows posted:

The one silver lining is Vince pays absolutely no attention to NXT UK

Well of course, no one pays attention to NXT UK

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Talk about willingly tossing yourself into a black hole!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Takumi Iroha is out for at least 10 months with an ACL and LCL tear.

gently caress, this has been a depressing thread today. loved her work in stardom this year

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Thauros posted:

gently caress, this has been a depressing thread today. loved her work in stardom this year

Yeah, the Mayu match in February ruled. Horrible blow for her.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Yeah, the Mayu match in February ruled. Horrible blow for her.

They had a rematch last week you should watch too

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I delivered a lot of bad news here yesterday so here's some good news

https://twitter.com/punchtahara/status/1321171587630915586

Sendai Girls have a new rookie. She passed her pro-test yesterday.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
when is she off to nxt uk

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

She's 15 so hopefully they keep her well away from the NXT UK people.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1321376573916807171?s=19

My assumption is Meiko was supposed to be Maki's partner cos it would make thematic sense with Aja being Miyu's and Miyu specifically calling her out.

Not gonna complain about more Sareee vs Aja though

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

thats a rad match

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Wanna see them Maki Itoh/Aja Kong interactions :stwoon:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

Wanna see them Maki Itoh/Aja Kong interactions :stwoon:

Their singles match was very funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU