Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
So much for digital being the future, let's see if it downloads at 12am EST or not. It's about ~35gigs so it shouldn't take TOO long depending on your connections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So chapter 4

I can't seem to move into midterms day, how do I fix this?

edit: had to change bonding points to the exact # of bonding events so it'd trigger properly, if you have <0 remaining points, it doesn't trigger properly

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Oct 27, 2020

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Crossbell has both a Juna and a Juno, gently caress this town.

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013

Ron Howard Voice: The game was not in fact available at launch.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Sinistral posted:

Ron Howard Voice: The game was not in fact available at launch.

Yuuuuup I see it in my PS 4 library but hitting download isnt doing squat

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Guess it not just me at least, love how when I check new games it doesn't show up as me owning it!

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
It's apparently just the Deluxe version having issues. Doesn't look like a fix is coming until daytime tomorrow.

J Detan
Apr 24, 2008

Wir haben uns zu Meistern der Wissenschaft!

Grimey Drawer

corn on the cop posted:

It's apparently just the Deluxe version having issues. Doesn't look like a fix is coming until daytime tomorrow.

Oh. Great. The one version available for preorder. This is mighty frustrating.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I can't imagine what is causing this as digital review copies went out ages ago.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
NISA!

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004
Apparently if you buy the game again you can download it right now. If I could find how to cancel my first order I'd give it a try but I think I'll just go to bed instead. What a loving farce...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol if you think Sony would let you cancel orders that easy

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Well I snagged the digital deluxe for 60$ but now it's full price at 80$ which I wouldn't pay, I wonder if this is related to the fiasco when it was initially 45$ for half a day.

I don't mind waiting a day or so but NISA has been dead silent since saying it would be available by the 12AM EST.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Just in time for my copy to come from Amazon tomorrow, I have JUST finished CS3 and have now played all 8 of the (Zemuria) Trails games with an english translation.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Yeah, what the actual? So if I try to download the deluxe I purchased from my library it just does nothing. If I go to the store, it acts like I never purchased it in the first place and shows at full price. This is why I never pre-order games.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

MythosDragon posted:

SO3's twist is arguably the worst twist ever though.

The main problem with the twist it that it fucks with an entire series. The twist on its own would be completely fine in a stand alone game imo.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The twist is the least of SO3's problems because it's a god awful game in every other respect.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Someone on Reddit bought the deluxe edition after launch and he can download it. Looks like they changed something with the pre-order when they messed up the price a few weeks back and this broke the product.

Edit: Word in the discord is that the game-id attached to the preorder is wrong, so the library can't find the game files to download.

In brighter news, Brittany was allowed to do the stage directions for the voice lines again.

Spoilers for CS 4 Act 1

https://twitter.com/Hatsuu/status/1320968063659851776

lagidnam fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Oct 27, 2020

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

A release date written in ink, black as despair.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

lagidnam posted:

In brighter news, Brittany was allowed to do the stage directions for the voice lines again.

Spoilers for CS 4 Act 1

https://twitter.com/Hatsuu/status/1320968063659851776

Well, that at least tells me that the voice acting will be good. So that's nice.

Speaking of her, she was on sonicmega's stream recently, if you want to watch that: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/773350544?t=2h21m12s. She seems like such a lovely person.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sure would have been nice to play CS4 today

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Sakurazuka posted:

Sure would have been nice to play CS4 today

I'm really bummed someone messed this up. I almost never pre-order for lots of reasons, but I've been sick and was up all night and it would have been nice to play.

EDIT: While I'm not able to play, is there a max BP walkthrough like the ones on PSNProfiles for previous games?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I buy the physical deluxe, I get an email telling me it will be delayed.

So I buy the digital deluxe, and now this. Someone out there is very dedicated to making me owned.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

This fuckin' sucks

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I like the mixture of replies in this from people happy about the release and those of us with preorders being rather salty https://twitter.com/NISAmerica/status/1321074168377430016

J Detan
Apr 24, 2008

Wir haben uns zu Meistern der Wissenschaft!

Grimey Drawer
If it wasn't for the fact that A: I got the preorder for a discount and reordering it would be more and B: COVID has meant I don't have much money to drop anymore, I'd just rebuy it since apparently that works. Which really makes me annoyed since this industry hypes up preorders so much and I only preordered since I was really looking forward to Trails.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Yeah let this be a reminder to everyone to not preorder video games. Wait until the product is actually out and initial impressions come in.

Though it sounds like this specific problem is on Sony's side rather than on NISA's.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Yeah, I don't typically preorder (at all) but I felt obligated in this instance. Although who could possibly predict this dumb glitch :shepface:

I still technically fall under the refund window but I'd really rather avoid doing that.

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004
For what it's worth, NISA is saying NOT to buy the game twice on their discord.

Good thing I have 2 weeks off for this and some other things to do. I'd be pretty pissed if I only took today off like many others probably did.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Yeah let this be a reminder to everyone to not preorder video games. Wait until the product is actually out and initial impressions come in.

Though it sounds like this specific problem is on Sony's side rather than on NISA's.

I mean, that makes sense normally, but in this case I preordered mostly to get the game at a discount. The game won't be as cheap as the discounted price was for months.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Death Priest posted:

For what it's worth, NISA is saying NOT to buy the game twice on their discord.

Good thing I have 2 weeks off for this and some other things to do. I'd be pretty pissed if I only took today off like many others probably did.

What other information have they given?

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004

Tesseraction posted:

Greetings class VII,

If you want your game, you will first need to play mine.

-B
(actually, they haven't said anything else since)

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

Specifically,

quote:

All I can say at this point is that the issue is currently being investigated by SIE after we’ve reported the issue.

If you’ve preordered the game, please do not re-purchase the standard edition unless you really want to spend the money twice.

Please do not share bad advice, especially on repurchasing the game twice, using alt accounts for purchase and refund on main, etc. This is NOT the practice that we want and every player should only have to purchase the game once on the primary account to play it. We are working to resolve this ASAP.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Physical is king

All hail the disc

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Looks like there's over $30 of DLC that doesn't come with the DDE

I wish we'd go back to the days of one purchase nets you everything until they come out with an expansion a year or two later and you buy that

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Interesting, the store page says I can't purchase Cold Steel 4 (as expected) but when I look at why, it calls the product "Cold Steel IV - Tracker" wonder if this is the bad ID someone mentioned earlier.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Personally, I wanna know why some of the DLC says it can't be purchased because I do not own CS4, despite literally playing CS4 right now.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
https://twitter.com/NISAmerica/status/1321142754408239105

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

I guess this is a lesson in preordering on my end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I'd bet it has something to do with Sony updating PSN a few days ago. Not exactly a tech guru, but I've never seen a site uppdating not break tons of things.