Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Where's the rest of that dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Shame Boy posted:

Where's the rest of that dog

Tragic accident.

Fell off a woof.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
A dog line bred for money despite being so mutated that it requires cesarian sections to give birth and can barely breathe at the best of times leading to a short and pained lifespan. Put down your deposit now only $5000.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Has anyone ever used the Codsworth or whatever "assistant" on Samsung phones that I only know is there because sometimes I accidentally swipe right on the whatever screen?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 214 days!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Has anyone ever used the Codsworth or whatever "assistant" on Samsung phones that I only know is there because sometimes I accidentally swipe right on the whatever screen?

god no i hate when it tries to get me to use it

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

Do you think the owner purchased 5 super-sized fries, ate them all, and slid the pups into the greasy cardboard fry container, or do they somehow have an "in" at the restaurant and can get fresh unused fry holders? I can smell greased dog in this picture, and it's not good.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

palindrome posted:

Do you think the owner purchased 5 super-sized fries, ate them all, and slid the pups into the greasy cardboard fry container, or do they somehow have an "in" at the restaurant and can get fresh unused fry holders? I can smell greased dog in this picture, and it's not good.

They got a custom made t-shirt for the dog. No reason why they wouldn't have made some boxes for the puppies.

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

Buying a t-shirt with words on it is one thing but those jackets look fairly legit, although it could be thick paper stock I suppose. If I were that bulldog person I'd go to my local restaurant (no mask of course) and imply to the manager that a certain dead president would like to see a few name-branded cardboard fry containers...

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Do the boxes look like that somewhere? Around here they have a yellow fringe on the top, so sovereign citizens can eat them I guess.

e: Oh and the cut of the top is way different, looks like.

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

Well it's been a while since I've gorged on that particular item but I'm seeing a lot of variation on fry box styles with an image search. The ones in the dog picture are reminiscent of my childhood, no yellow stripe, but I admit they could be reproductions. What a photo op though idea though. I would never think puppies + brand = hilarity, but here I am commenting on it so I guess the idea of the thing penetrated my psychic barrier, good job.

I've also heard that some people drug their pets and otherwise abuse them to get these types of photos for money/engagement/likes, so I hope that's not the case here and they are just peacefully sleeping. :unsmith:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

palindrome posted:

Well it's been a while since I've gorged on that particular item but I'm seeing a lot of variation on fry box styles with an image search. The ones in the dog picture are reminiscent of my childhood, no yellow stripe, but I admit they could be reproductions. What a photo op though idea though. I would never think puppies + brand = hilarity, but here I am commenting on it so I guess the idea of the thing penetrated my psychic barrier, good job.

I've also heard that some people drug their pets and otherwise abuse them to get these types of photos for money/engagement/likes, so I hope that's not the case here and they are just peacefully sleeping. :unsmith:

You'd think such a big brand would have standardized loving everything but then I saw a McDonalds in Macao with inverted colours (red on yellow) so I guess not. (They do a chicken burger with a spicy sauce in China that I don't think they do here. It was p deece.)

Also I don't think you need to drug dogs that small to get them to sleep for a photo.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I’m not saying they’re drugged, but I am saying that I’ve handled puppies and it’s hard enough to get them into one basket and snap a photo before they escape, let alone individual cups.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The picture is gone but from context I'm going to assume it's a bunch of tiny pugs?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Len posted:

The picture is gone but from context I'm going to assume it's a bunch of tiny pugs?

Frenchies

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

i kept accidentally setting off the google assistant, so i turned it off. now whenever i accidentally set it off, instead of saying "How can I help you?" it pops up a message saying TURN ON GOOGLE ASSISTANT WE ONLY WANT TO HELP YOU!!!!!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
No French bulldogs. Only French fries.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Platystemon posted:

No French bulldogs. Only French fries.

That's both better and worse than I was imagining. Somehow I figured the puppies were all in one fry container

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

excuse me these are Freedom bulldogs

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

3D Megadoodoo posted:

You'd think such a big brand would have standardized loving everything but then I saw a McDonalds in Macao with inverted colours (red on yellow) so I guess not. (They do a chicken burger with a spicy sauce in China that I don't think they do here. It was p deece.)

Also I don't think you need to drug dogs that small to get them to sleep for a photo.

Buddy in Australia it's not even called McDonalds.

Also I've never ever seen fry containers with the yellow fringe, are you going to an admiralty McDonalds or something?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Shame Boy posted:

Also I've never ever seen fry containers with the yellow fringe, are you going to an admiralty McDonalds or something?

No just a regular McDorıalds :shrug:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Shame Boy posted:

You're thinking of Burger King.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Weatherman posted:

You're thinking of Burger King.

I thought it was Maccas down there? Or is that an unofficial name?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Len posted:

um correct me if im wrong, but maccas seems like it's short for mcdonalds

*not australian

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I don't think they call Burger King McDonalds anywhere in the world.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

boar guy posted:

um correct me if im wrong, but maccas seems like it's short for mcdonalds

*not australian

"Macca" is the olde australian word for king, so "macca's" is what they call RC Cola

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Len posted:

It is officially branded as Maccas there, yes.

Also while verifying that I found this fun corporate website

quote:

Our vision & values
Our corporate values appear in everyday working life and guide our strategic direction and corporate planning.

We place the customer experience at the core of all we do
We are committed to our people
We believe in the McDonald’s System
We operate our business ethically
We give back to our communities
We grow our business profitably
We strive continually to improve

I too believe in the McDonald's System

Also the word "values" is a link, which is broken :allears:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Searching for "McDonald's System" gives conflicting results, it's either the first corporation Ray Croc founded, or the system of franchising, or whatever the hell these flash cards are talking about :

https://quizlet.com/97134888/the-mcdonalds-system-by-ritzer-flash-cards/

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

What the hell is this lmao

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I don't think they call Burger King McDonalds anywhere in the world.

It's an Albany expression

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Shame Boy posted:

What the hell is this lmao

Looks like machine thinking, OP

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I don't know if I want to be the unintentionally perfect punctuation error of "high tech for profit hospitals" or "salad bar: make salads the way you want them" more

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

"Macca's" refers to burger king because the burger king name was already taken in Australia. McDonalds is called Hungry Jack's, or "Hungry Jacca's" colloquially.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

bike tory posted:

"Macca's" refers to burger king because the burger king name was already taken in Australia. McDonalds is called Hungry Jack's, or "Hungry Jacca's" colloquially.

yeah when u want a burg, or what an american calls burgin, in australia is called 'jaccin it'

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

bike tory posted:

Where do the drop bears come in?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
the Russians just used a steak umm

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Meanwhile in the social democrat utopia of Jacinda Ardern's New Zealand we have a single McDonald's restaurant that each citizen (making the responsible consumer choice of their own accord) visits only once per year as a treat, of course opting for the apple slices and water instead of the fries and coke. But we call it Macca's here.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
There used to be a hot dog stand in Detroit called Nicky D's.

McDonald's sued them to make them change the font on the sign.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

egalitarian fast food

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Foreverial Tiedup Ronald, Rope Mummified permanently and enjoying it

Fully wrapped in permanent rubber rope and fully McDonaldized and I'm lovin' it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Speleothing posted:

There used to be a hot dog stand in Detroit called Nicky D's.

McDonald's sued them to make them change the font on the sign.

Conversely, there's a lovely burger chain in Ireland called Supermac's which was sued by McDonalds, who then successfully countersued, and the end result is that McDonalds corporation lost automatic exclusivity on the trademarks "Big Mac" and ",Mc-" prefix across the whole EU. Lol.

The owner of Supermac's is himself a shithead, but the schadenfreude is delicious. You come to Ireland and try to take our surname prefix, you best not miss