Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ThaumPenguin posted:

The odds for Solomon are looking real bad.

Hes tripping over death flags like a blind man in a rake factory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Obviously the Demiurges will make war for seven days, and then make love for seven hours.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

mossyfisk posted:

Obviously the Demiurges will make war for seven days, and then make love for seven hours.
Why do you think they call him Salami Dave? :pervert:

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

I'm not a baby I'm a man! An Anchorman!
Turns out her name is actually Kill Six of the Billion Demons.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I could see Zaid making off with one of the 7 keys.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
So I purchased all the physical copies of KBS6D. Book2 arrived yesterday and I read through it. It had two very good snippets from "The Song of Maybe"

Okay so maybe I ought to read the under-text for it. It's good.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Pindakaas posted:

Turns out her name is actually Kill Six of the Billion Demons.

Kill six billion, demons!

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Mr. Lobe posted:

I think Jadis believes she has a very specific circumstance where she is destined to die and has to follow through with all the intervening steps between where she is and there, which she foresaw when she saw a glimpse of the shape of the Universe.

I'm genuinely curious about what happens with Jadis this chapter, especially since the title page for it shows her un-encased in her block. Whether that's referencing the past or something that happens in the future will be interesting to find out.

My big thought as to the full cycle of prophecy or whatever is that Allison will do something that ultimately breaks it/renders it void/changes the outcome, showing that prophecy and prediction don't mean poo poo compared to the true royalty of pure loving willful dumbassery combined with the ultimate power of the Key of Kings. This, in turn, would give Jadis something something serious to think about regarding how she's lived the past few thousand years.

GENUINE CAT HERDER fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Oct 28, 2020

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Aaaand there's the twist.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1321297997934825473

I don't think Dave is going to completely job here. If he was, that last panel would've been perfect for it.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Oct 28, 2020

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

kill metatron seems like a reasonably good idea

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ohhh poo poo, well that changes things a little... :suspense:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

eke out posted:

kill metatron seems like a reasonably good idea

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Ohhh poo poo, well that changes things a little... :suspense:

The real question is whether killing Metatron does destroy the Wheel. Because it sounds an awful lot like Jagg is convinced that Metatron is the actual Gnostic Demiurge.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Oct 28, 2020

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Ah, so that's why Jagg is called the 'Breaker of Infinities'

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
So would Jagganoth instantly killing a bunch of the demiurges immediately be the thing people hate? Definitely seems like "cliffhanger everyone hates" material.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

PMush Perfect posted:

The real question is whether killing Metatron does destroy the Wheel. Because it sounds an awful lot like Jagg is convinced that Metatron is the actual Gnostic Demiurge.

I've been wondering about this one a lot tbh. Metatron seems like the only firsthand source for a lot of cosmology so we basically only have Metatron's word on a lot of stuff.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
https://twitter.com/IfThenElseOr/status/1317840069617717250

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

animist
Aug 28, 2018
NARY A MOTE OF UNDERSTANDING

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1321297997934825473

I don't think Dave is going to completely job here. If he was, that last panel would've been perfect for it.
Jagganoth has set a really high bar for banter these past couple pages.

Doctor Zaius
Jul 30, 2010

I say.
If metatron is somehow intrinsically linked to the multiverse existing, that would explain why Zoss didn't kill him like the rest of the prime angels.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

animist posted:

Can you imagine how infuriating it would be to spend decades becoming invincible and building an army and psyching yourself up to go to war against the last and greatest Prime angel, the voice of God, over the entire course of reality and all creation... and the woman with The Key is still on that "the wrong sort of people are in charge" bullshit, like the Universal War hadn't already happened. Acting like she knows you want to destroy the world, as though you were some sort of cut-rate Dragonball villain. Smh.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Next page is going to be SolDave's head slowly dropping off his neck, isn't it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

animist posted:

That's some dark souls rear end dialogue right there

Should've gone all in on metatron murderin though

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

nimby posted:

Next page is going to be SolDave's head slowly dropping off his neck, isn't it.

SolDave's now-empty robes falling to the ground.

He shows up as a Force ghost within a hundred pages.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Holy poo poo, I completely forgot that METATRON LIVES

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
she just got the news

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe
So if I'm remembering correctly: Alison has no clue who or what Metatron is right?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Unless she played the right SMT games, probably not

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Dead Reckoning posted:

Can you imagine how infuriating it would be to spend decades becoming invincible and building an army and psyching yourself up to go to war against the last and greatest Prime angel, the voice of God, over the entire course of reality and all creation... and the woman with The Key is still on that "the wrong sort of people are in charge" bullshit, like the Universal War hadn't already happened. Acting like she knows you want to destroy the world, as though you were some sort of cut-rate Dragonball villain. Smh.

Decades is really understating how long this all took to come to fruition.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Kharn_The_Betrayer posted:

So if I'm remembering correctly: Alison has no clue who or what Metatron is right?

I'm pretty sure White Chain must have explained who he is.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
OTOH, it would be extremely White Chain to just decide Allison didn't need to know that. How hilarious is that explanation going to be?

"Oh, right. So, I keep getting yoinked into the void by an angel terrorist who is either trying to recruit, kill, or date me. Still not quite sure which one. She's the one who showed up at the Ring of Power to strangle me, I think she wants me to make you give the Key to Ziad, but she was crying about it? Anyway, she secretly works for my rear end in a top hat boss, Michael, who's the big cheese at the cop job I do when not involved in death matches or babysitting the messiah. Turns out, he works for Metatron, the voice of God, who everyone thought was dead. Zoss tortured that thing in your forehead out of Metatron, and boy is he pissed about that turn of events. Well, actually, all events since Zoss showed up."

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Knew it, Seeker of Thrones 1-4.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Oh man I really hope dave doesn't go out like this. I want more kungfu bullshit.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Found this on /co/

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
ah, and it turns out dave has a really weak chin and that's what we hate

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Oh man I really hope dave doesn't go out like this. I want more kungfu bullshit.

I think everyone's forgetting he can move so fast that time nearly stops with Ki Rata. He's almost certainly about to pop up behind Jagganoth going "lol, no".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Demiurge4 posted:

I could see Zaid making off with one of the 7 keys.

Or Allison's, taking his prophesied place as the successor. I mean, if we're talking about things we're gonna hate, I couldn't imagine hating anything more than that.