Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

infraboy posted:

Does Renne have a naughty and evil voice like the Japanese VA?

I don't know how to answer that question but she's the MVP of the prologue for me. Good snark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

infraboy posted:

Does Renne have a naughty and evil voice like the Japanese VA?

Its a bit deep, but it definitely has the snark.

Lloyd, Estelle, Kea, Elie and Renne are all aces.
Joshua hangs out solo in the C tier voicing, just doesnt fit Mr Soft Spoken at all, especially when he's almost deeper than Lloyd's voice.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Last Celebration posted:

If this is really Sony’s meddling it’s kinda funny that their incompetence has screwed over a niche Japanese publisher twice.

I think it's less Sony meddling and more the PSN Store being a mess that breaks all the time in wild and unpredictable ways.

Once I started looking at this as "the PSN store broke again" things started to make a lot more sense.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

King of Solomon posted:

I think it's less Sony meddling and more the PSN Store being a mess that breaks all the time in wild and unpredictable ways.

Once I started looking at this as "the PSN store broke again" things started to make a lot more sense.

Especially in the last two weeks where Sony went out of their way to make the store even more terrible

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

kirbysuperstar posted:

Especially in the last two weeks where Sony went out of their way to make the store even more terrible

Yeah. You'd hope that a store refresh would try to solve the problems of the old nightmare, but it sure seems like it's just a less usable interface for a store that's just as janky.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
August 7th: Am I missing something about the fight with the three Zepyhr people? I get that the intended strategy is to explode Leonidas and Xeno with S-crafts immediately so they stop taking up their share of the turn order, but I don't have anywhere near enough burst damage to pull it off on hard, even with Randolph's order. Am I just insanely undergeared, or approaching the fight wrong?

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004
The only good thing Sony ever made is the PS Vita, which they of course gave up on right after launch. Everything else they made is complete poo poo and to this day I still don't understand why they became the market leader.

Thankfully I finally found a store that did stock up a few copies of CS4 not too far from my place so I'll be picking up a physical copy tomorrow. I didn't need those lovely costumes anyway.

(I'm not mad, I swear I'm not mad! Okay, I'm a little bit mad.)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Death Priest posted:

The only good thing Sony ever made is the PS Vita, which they of course gave up on right after launch. Everything else they made is complete poo poo and to this day I still don't understand why they became the market leader.

The PS Vita sucked major poo poo as the entry cost was absolutely not worth it. It was a jewel of a handheld console in terms of hardware, yes, but their loving around on memory cards and experimenting with weird crap like the 3G model meant that people had to pay a lot up front for a system that had no games unless you were down for PSP and PS1 games.

It turned into something worth owning because people recognized its pros and crusaded to jailbreak the drat thing.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
So is there gonna be a separate CSIV thread or are us PC Gamers better off avoiding this thread for the upcoming months?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Shinjobi posted:

The PS Vita sucked major poo poo as the entry cost was absolutely not worth it. It was a jewel of a handheld console in terms of hardware, yes, but their loving around on memory cards and experimenting with weird crap like the 3G model meant that people had to pay a lot up front for a system that had no games unless you were down for PSP and PS1 games.

It turned into something worth owning because people recognized its pros and crusaded to jailbreak the drat thing.

The 3G model that wouldn't actually let you play any games over HSPDA other than play by post Everybody's Golf

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Last comments from a NISA employee on the Discord:

quote:

SeanToday at 1:13 AM
I'm still here and looking at the chat from now and then. There's a lot of questions that I can't answer because I don't have the information from SIE. I'm now waiting for SIEE side as it's well after SIEA's normal operating hours

SeanToday at 1:20 AM
We can't sort things out ourselves, it's SIE's system or setup fix that we're anticipating

Another person was saying that Sony is also mostly working from home and you can see the areas where most of them live on the california wildfire map. They are marked in red...

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I'm kind of torn on doing a refund because today is day 14 since purchase. But I also have to work so maybe waiting isn't the worst idea. The problem is not actually knowing what's wrong and if it can even be fixed in a day or so. Looking at the list of DLC in the Deluxe, the CSIII costume bundle already looks like it's free and the rest are ok? I guess?

I guess I'm more surprised at Sony's business hours more than anything. They are hardly a small company.

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

It's the only thing they ever made that doesn't feel like a cheap, flimsy and hollow $300 plastic toy so I didn't mind the price for once (as harsh as I was on sony, I do own most of their systems).

But that aside, I'm off to get my game so yay ! I don't even mind if I'm denied a refund for the digital edition at this point, going back to Erebonia is more important.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://twitter.com/NISAmerica/status/1321411245728096258

PSN Store bad.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Sounds more and more like Sony’s end, you figure theyd have people working 24/7 on this as it is part of their whole online ecosystem especially with the upcoming ps5 launch

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
They fixed it. I was able to start downloading.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Yep, it works!

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Oh, good! I guess I'm glad I waited.

The icon is different though, is it still the Deluxe edition?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Let's gooooooo *waits for 50GB to download*

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Levantine posted:

Oh, good! I guess I'm glad I waited.

The icon is different though, is it still the Deluxe edition?

I just awkwardly downloaded a bunch of costumes so should be

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Sakurazuka posted:

I just awkwardly downloaded a bunch of costumes so should be

Ah gotcha. Looks like I have to finish my download before the button on the DLC becomes available but everything looks good! Alls well that ends well.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I didn't have to wait, if you go to the CS4 icon on the PS4 Home Screen, tap down until you get to all the dlc at the bottom then 'view all' there should be a bunch there listed as free. Also some not free ones cos modern videogames.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Sakurazuka posted:

I didn't have to wait, if you go to the CS4 icon on the PS4 Home Screen, tap down until you get to all the dlc at the bottom then 'view all' there should be a bunch there listed as free. Also some not free ones cos modern videogames.

Maybe the store was just being wonky because a lot of the free ones just had a loading bar in place of the Download button until I let the initial download finish.

Everything seems to be installed now though.

EDIT: Any max AP walkthroughs? I didn't see anything at PSNProfiles like the previous games.

Levantine fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Oct 28, 2020

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Levantine posted:

Maybe the store was just being wonky because a lot of the free ones just had a loading bar in place of the Download button until I let the initial download finish.

Everything seems to be installed now though.

EDIT: Any max AP walkthroughs? I didn't see anything at PSNProfiles like the previous games.

The one on gamefaqs seems to be this

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/229684-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iv/faqs/77559/introduction

jP one is pretty much the same, no spoilers in it

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I played through some of the prologue and I'm not sure I like some of the combat changes. I get Advantages and Double Advantages, but the enemies all get turns after all my characters have attacked once. I thought I'd get multiple turns. Similarly with Breaking I broke some enemies and they just immediately recovered the next turn before anyone else acted. If this was how it was in 3 I've totally forgotten it.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

In CS3 you only get multiple turns for Triple Advantage, which requires the super field attack that you charge up by breaking stuff. Breaking enemies used to delay their next turn, though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ethiser posted:

I played through some of the prologue and I'm not sure I like some of the combat changes. I get Advantages and Double Advantages, but the enemies all get turns after all my characters have attacked once. I thought I'd get multiple turns. Similarly with Breaking I broke some enemies and they just immediately recovered the next turn before anyone else acted. If this was how it was in 3 I've totally forgotten it.

They are trying to encourage Order use, such as swapping to Kurt when you know a break is coming for extra turns. Once you get access to Orders with Accelerate or whatever they become great

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
People were easily exploiting Sara’s brave order to get unlimited turns, so her brave order costs 5bp now and yeah the larger enemies and bosses tend to recover a lot quicker

He 7bp limit change is nice though

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Also Orders upgrade to be even more broken over the course of the game and Juna has a skill that gives 1 BP every time she uses it. My general strategy was to make a team of mages, use the Zero Cast Time order and just nuke. I don't even think I saw an attack from half the bosses.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I'm pretty sure that how my end game has gone in every Cold Steel game. I never use Arts really until I only use Arts.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Oct 28, 2020

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

How in the everloving gently caress are you supposed to beat Aurelia at swimming? I did all greats and couldn't beat her. It's not possible for me to do all excellent for this minigame.

I hate this minigame every single time it comes up.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

How in the everloving gently caress are you supposed to beat Aurelia at swimming? I did all greats and couldn't beat her. It's not possible for me to do all excellent for this minigame.

This might sound dumb but:

Did you make sure to turn speed up off? I notice a lot of people forget to turn it off for fishing/swimming and end up accidentally making it insanely hard on themselves.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

GreenBuckanneer posted:

The secret to beating Aurelia is to be better than Aurelia.

Good luck, dweebus.:smug:

It sucks.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I never thought those swimming games were hard, just make sure turbo mode is off, I made that mistake in many fishing games.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I can't hit the gold ones, I don't understand what's wrong. If i hit a gold one it's often times a miss instead. the green ones I can hit reliably, but often times i miss the excellent ones instead.

No I'm not using turbo.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Hey is there a cool, easy, legal way to acquire the PC version of Trails from Zero at this point?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

GreenBuckanneer posted:

stop staring at her abs

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I was able to get the win vs Aurelia but I had to luck out and get the timing going for at least 5-10 greats and the rest could be good, I even missed 1 time, and then I won, by the skin of my teeth. Still not sure how I did that. Took me like 15+ tries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

DoubleDonut posted:

Hey is there a cool, easy, legal way to acquire the PC version of Trails from Zero at this point?

Yes: https://www.dlsite.com/soft/work/=/product_id/VJ009178.html