Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Well poo poo. Now I feel bad about bitching that there was no ep this morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Optimus Subprime posted:

drat RIP papa menaker you will never be forgotten

Dr. Killjoy posted:

have about 70 unlistened to eps of Cum Town

as i recall mainlining a similar queue did no good for benghazi 2

week by week the queue only grows larger

luckily cum town is almost better without any context the few times they mention current events and actually talk about them

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
Rude Tales of Magic has really good production for a D&D podcast but I wasn't prepared for nude hamboning being used as a foley effect.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I hate Beltway Garage episodes of Chapo

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

KomradeX posted:

I hate Beltway Garage episodes of Chapo

yeah theyre poo poo

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i usually like them but this was the worst yet. they're not that dialed-in, unaware of a few interesting races and recent illuminating historical context, and virgil wouldn't stop loving pronouncing cornyn wrong

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

more interesting and revelatory was 5-4’s interview with ro khanna, who is at least on the far “progressive” end of succ, where he wouldnt commit to court packing. which i mean...lol yeah its never gonna happen.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
i think it was kind of phoned in because there's few non-Will formats that work well with them that they can do on short notice. If they could have they probably would have chosen to take a week off.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Victory Position posted:

well there's your answer on why he was in the Hamptons, you massive rear end in a top hat

lmao

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
I usually like the Beltway Garage but this episode was pretty boring.

edit: i HAVE ODed on the presidential electoral stuff, but it feels like standard view is Biden takes it and there's not much to talk about it besides by how much. that's not very exciting when Biden’s positions are so middling and any blowout is probably just going to reinforce more mediocre institutional failures without the joyous chaos of TRUMP.

comedy option is ssj supreme court shenanigans

crepeface has issued a correction as of 17:33 on Oct 28, 2020

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Beltway Garage is generally quite good

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Did they mention Joe Lieberman's son playing spoiler in one of the GA senate races? I don't think they did

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Gio posted:

more interesting and revelatory was 5-4’s interview with ro khanna, who is at least on the far “progressive” end of succ, where he wouldnt commit to court packing. which i mean...lol yeah its never gonna happen.

lol if they can't get Khanna they aren't getting anyone

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
No one to the left of Mitt Romney is willing to stick their neck out for anything because the entire US political-media establishment will fall on them like a ton of bricks. It's bullies vs cowards.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dmitri-9 posted:

No one to the left of Mitt Romney is willing to stick their neck out for anything because the entire US political-media establishment will fall on them like a ton of bricks. It's bullies vs cowards.

lol. yep if only the liberals grew a spine, they'd stop being liberals. read a book, dude.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/TSSteinbacher/status/1321474759461425152

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

is that not the reaction he wanted? i assume all the people who listen to that show want to have their balls busted by an Armenian ice queen.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Isn't the op there a goon? Or at least wasn't there a famous gbs or e/n thread about a guy like spending half his paycheck on a cam girl he loved?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Tale as old as time

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

the deadfit cum.town sweatshirt is awesome but 46 smakerinos during the pandemic is a bit much

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

crepeface posted:

I usually like the Beltway Garage but this episode was pretty boring.

edit: i HAVE ODed on the presidential electoral stuff, but it feels like standard view is Biden takes it and there's not much to talk about it besides by how much. that's not very exciting when Biden’s positions are so middling and any blowout is probably just going to reinforce more mediocre institutional failures without the joyous chaos of TRUMP.

comedy option is ssj supreme court shenanigans

if biden's got it in the bag, then it does become important whether they can also flip the senate, so i wish they had covered those races in more depth

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

uber_stoat posted:

is that not the reaction he wanted? i assume all the people who listen to that show want to have their balls busted by an Armenian ice queen.

lol, haha

*record scratch*

Armenian?!?!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Optimus Subprime posted:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

ptkfvk posted:

the deadfit cum.town sweatshirt is awesome but 46 smakerinos during the pandemic is a bit much

didn't realize nick was doing outreach for Joe Biden

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Optimus Subprime posted:

lmfao

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

lol if they can't get Khanna they aren't getting anyone

:hmmyes:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

i say swears online posted:

i usually like them but this was the worst yet. they're not that dialed-in, unaware of a few interesting races and recent illuminating historical context, and virgil wouldn't stop loving pronouncing cornyn wrong

does john cornyn really deserve to have his name pronounced correctly?

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Finicums Wake posted:

if biden's got it in the bag, then it does become important whether they can also flip the senate, so i wish they had covered those races in more depth

why on earth would anyone take chapo election talk seriously after that "game it out" episode

THS
Sep 15, 2017

jeremy cornyn

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Clipperton posted:

why on earth would anyone take chapo election talk seriously after that "game it out" episode

what episode was that?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

the chapos should pivot to the far right so that nazis suffer The Wonk Curse where everything they support fails horribly

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Dmitri-9 posted:

what episode was that?

389, "Game It Out". The most embarrassing thing they've ever done and it's not particularly close: https://soundcloud.com/chapo-trap-house/unlocked-389-game-it-out-13120

"Bernie could win South Carolina!!! Super Tuesday'll be a coronation!!!!!!"

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

What makes it embarrassing?

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
They would have been right about Super Tuesday without the coordinated drop out since thats exactly what the polling was showing. You can hardly blame them for making a bad prediction when the one of the key premises of the prediction completely changed before the actual event. South Carolina is a different story but if I remember correctly there was a lot of weird polling beforehand and it was petty clearly a state that was totally fumbled by Team Bernie anyway.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

AnEdgelord posted:

They would have been right about Super Tuesday without the coordinated drop out since thats exactly what the polling was showing. You can hardly blame them for making a bad prediction when the one of the key premises of the prediction completely changed before the actual event. South Carolina is a different story but if I remember correctly there was a lot of weird polling beforehand and it was petty clearly a state that was totally fumbled by Team Bernie anyway.

i live in south carolina and the bernie team couldnt have done more to win it, it was hopeless

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

AnEdgelord posted:

yeah everyone and their mom was high on bernie at that point. he was clearly on the cusp of total victory. the ratfucking he got was completely unprecedented, although perhaps predictable in hindsight

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
obama literally doing the least possible with a last minute phone call to those involved is very on brand and funny

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

T-man posted:

the chapos should pivot to the far right so that nazis suffer The Wonk Curse where everything they support fails horribly

Virgil will become a white hat Nazi

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

papa horny michael posted:

obama literally doing the least possible with a last minute phone call to those involved is very on brand and funny

my man Obama sitting in a black leather chair staring at a wall full of screens, stroking a cat like he's Dr. Claw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS
Sep 15, 2017

also to matt and virgil’s credit, they have both admitted that they “got owned”

a lot of us got owned