Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Failed Imagineer posted:

Conversely, there's a lovely burger chain in Ireland called Supermac's which was sued by McDonalds, who then successfully countersued, and the end result is that McDonalds corporation lost automatic exclusivity on the trademarks "Big Mac" and ",Mc-" prefix across the whole EU. Lol.

Which led to Burger King doing this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

ekuNNN posted:

I'll take a number 69 to go please

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

cowofwar posted:

A dog line bred for money despite being so mutated that it requires cesarian sections to give birth and can barely breathe at the best of times leading to a short and pained lifespan. Put down your deposit now only $5000.

The Pupsburgs?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

ekuNNN posted:

while i generally hate it when The Brands Are At It Again that truly loving owns

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

cowofwar posted:

A dog line bred for money despite being so mutated that it requires cesarian sections to give birth and can barely breathe at the best of times leading to a short and pained lifespan. Put down your deposit now only $5000.

Also they’re ugly as hell

Just go to the pound. My 2 dogs are mutts from a shelter and a dog rescue but they can easily pass for purebred golden retrievers.

3 of my 4 dogs were shelter dogs and had no health problems.
The purebred my wife got from a puppy mill back when she was in high school and he had all sorts of issues

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wow dr. pepper is a true ally™

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

ekuNNN posted:

https://twitter.com/clown_depot/status/1282414553699987456

corn haver
Mar 28, 2020

bike tory posted:

"Macca's" refers to burger king because the burger king name was already taken in Australia. McDonalds is called Hungry Jack's, or "Hungry Jacca's" colloquially.
the reason that many chinese restaurants are closed on monday is that monday is the chinese sabbath.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

ekuNNN posted:

the anime steins;gate, as well drinking dr. pepper is now trans culture. cis people, drinking dr pepper is now transphobic if you're not trans

get mr. dr. pepper on the phone, i think he will want to make a deal with me. i post memes online

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

yes it’s a physical solid gold man card released in tyool 2020

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pONcOSlyW48

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“gold”

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Taintrunner posted:

It's definitely not solid gold if it's $75, it's just a thin shell surrounding some lovely garbage.

Much like your masculinity.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

lmao

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

so cool new policy at my wife's dermatologist- you pay for your services in advance and then are refunded when your insurance reimburses them

we found a new derma and reported the old one to the insurance company but someone for the love of god please tell me what they're doing is illegal

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

boar guy posted:

so cool new policy at my wife's dermatologist- you pay for your services in advance and then are refunded when your insurance reimburses them

we found a new derma and reported the old one to the insurance company but someone for the love of god please tell me what they're doing is illegal

That's how a lot of places work and it's definitely not illegal nor is it new. Like a hell of a lot of therapists (including mine) operate as "I don't want to deal with insurance, you pay now and then you fill out the paperwork to get reimbursed later"

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

boar guy posted:

I am always imagining your av as reacting to whatever you've posted.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Taintrunner posted:

I just use a gold plated Pikachu card for mine.

It was bestowed upon me 20 years ago from the king of the burgers.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

boar guy posted:

When my kid had a couple of ambulance rides the insurance company wouldn't pay them directly, they'd wait until we got a bill and then they'd send a check to me for the same amount. It was weird and annoying and only required a few hours of navigating hold trees on the phone, but I guess it got paid eventually, which is about as much as we'd hope for for an insurance claim.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

skooma512 posted:

Yep I've got one of those in my closet too. One of these days it's gonna be worth a lot I bet!!!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

skooma512 posted:

god I remember those days. i even went to the meetups to trade and stuff

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Shame Boy posted:

That's how a lot of places work and it's definitely not illegal nor is it new. Like a hell of a lot of therapists (including mine) operate as "I don't want to deal with insurance, you pay now and then you fill out the paperwork to get reimbursed later"

Affordable Access to Quality Mental Healthcare!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

skooma512 posted:

For... what :confused:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I see people are picking up on the fact that collectibles are gaining popularity and value during plague times

https://www.thestar.com/sports/2020/10/23/sports-fans-are-rediscovering-the-joy-in-trading-cards-and-these-days-it-comes-with-a-profit.html

and the scams that go along with them:

https://www.theguardian.com/games/2020/oct/28/how-live-streamed-375k-deal-for-pokemon-cards-ended-in-disaster

poo poo I think I have a Charizard sitting around somewhere along with a bunch of unlimited dual lands.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

ekuNNN posted:

loving the dr pepper can and then flipping it around to shove up my rear end

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

little munchkin posted:

Dr Pepper: It's Not Your Dad's Proctocologist

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

little munchkin posted:

Be careful, not much of any flared base on that can.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i'm physically unable to orgasm until i see the xray of the can inside me

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Like $19.99

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Marx Was A Lib posted:

i'm physically unable to orgasm until i see the xray of the can inside me

Well yeah, that cool refreshing Dr pepper can can't till it sees it either.

Just remember be a giving lover and don't Bogart that x-ray!

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Marx Was A Lib posted:

Dr Pepper: It's Not Your Dad's Proctocologist

I don't believe that can has ever been to medical school.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Thump! posted:

Facebook U, Suma Cum Laude

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Thump! posted:

its true, his first name is dr, notice how there is no period after it on the can

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Zil posted:

Be careful, not much of any flared base on that can.

just clench when it's halfway in and you make one

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Crushing cans with your sphincter is way more impressive, imo.

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Byzantine posted:

Crushing cans with your sphincter is way more impressive, imo.

This kills the can

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Idgi shouldn't the side with the hole be bottom

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Colonel Cancer posted:

Idgi shouldn't the side with the hole be bottom

It's almost like the person who made that doesn't actually understand the terms at all beyond a vague notion and just put the top and bottom of the can. But that can't be right, the Dr. Pepper Snapple Group Unit of Keurig Dr. Pepper Inc wouldn't say they care when they don't actually care, would they? :ohdear:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Also if you think the hole can't top I got news for you buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Dr. Pepper is a part of the medical-military complex and will be sent to the bougie reform camps alongside Captain Crunch and Count Choccoba