Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i cant believe they got rid of browsing by new addons why does everything get worse over time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1321474434360889344?s=20

Also some PS+ Collection news:

Final Fantasy XV will be the Royal Edition.
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy and Call of Duty Black Ops III: Zombie Chronicles Edition are two extra titles that will be provided within this collection as well, making for a total of 20 games.

univbee fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Oct 28, 2020

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

when i go to the ps store it says i don't have ps+, but it's right there as "active" in my account settings. is it no longer possible to redeem ps+ games from a computer?

e: holy crap, if i go to the actual game's page i can hit "add to library" but the links under "ps+" all take me to "subscribe to ps+" BS. the new store really is terrible!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Achmed Jones posted:

when i go to the ps store it says i don't have ps+, but it's right there as "active" in my account settings. is it no longer possible to redeem ps+ games from a computer?

e: holy crap, if i go to the actual game's page i can hit "add to library" but the links under "ps+" all take me to "subscribe to ps+" BS. the new store really is terrible!

It was only a matter of time before they got rid of that convenience, they're gonna save a lot of money by making it harder to claim the free games

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Welp, the PlayStation app is getting an update so I guess we can kiss the old store goodbye.

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/1321501761975259136?s=20

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

"They have the worst apps ever already so it cant be worse" i yell into the gail force winds of the shitstorm that is the new ps webstore that replaced the worst store ever very recently

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I like that you have to turn your head sideways just to read some of the game titles

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Achmed Jones posted:

it seems pretty straightforward on the mobile store

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
All of this webstore and app nonsense makes the digital-only version of the PS5 only less appealing, and I didn't like so much anyway

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Sony is making a lot of choices lately that make me not want to get a PS5. It's kind of a bummer.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

The new app is rolling out for ios (Android should be coming very soon) and consensus seems to be that the app is way better (in general and for the store)

Also another goon discovered that there is settings for wishlist notifications in an app, so that's coming back with the launch of the ps5 most likely.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

The Diddler posted:

Sony is making a lot of choices lately that make me not want to get a PS5. It's kind of a bummer.

just curious, like what?

Ineffiable posted:

The new app is rolling out for ios (Android should be coming very soon) and consensus seems to be that the app is way better (in general and for the store)

Also another goon discovered that there is settings for wishlist notifications in an app, so that's coming back with the launch of the ps5 most likely.

I got the new app yesterday on Android and it seems pretty serviceable. the store seems less laggy and the PS+ games seem pretty easy to find and redeem.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

wheres our new thread for our new psn experience univbee. i need 80% less info and functionality stat!

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

The Diddler posted:

Me except exactly the opposite and my opinion is good

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Real hurthling! posted:

wheres our new thread for our new psn experience univbee. i need 80% less info and functionality stat!

OP is just a few pictures that say stuff like "Buy a Game" "Sale maybe?" "Wishlist Get Outta Here!"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Reading the op would be counter to maximum engagement with the lastest posts

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

morallyobjected posted:

just curious, like what?

The big issues for me are: making the webstore less intuitive and slower, and the changes combining group chats with parties. I'm sure there's some grand plan for all of this, but it seems like they're taking things that work well enough and making them work less well.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

I'm working on something, but am wondering if it makes more sense to just wait another 2 weeks until I can test stuff on the PS5 proper.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

univbee posted:

I'm working on something, but am wondering if it makes more sense to just wait another 2 weeks until I can test stuff on the PS5 proper.

Do it like Anthem. Bring it out now knowing people won't like it. In two weeks say you're working on a 2.0 then just let it rot while never acknowledging anything ever again.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

jabro posted:

Do it like Anthem. Bring it out now knowing people won't like it. In two weeks say you're working on a 2.0 then just let it rot while never acknowledging anything ever again.
They just showed off and talked about some Anthem 2.0 changes so badly timed example!

HONKER24
Dec 15, 2000

cubicle_whore
Hair Elf
This new Playstation store reeks of some project manager's bonus/evaluation being tied to rolling out the new site out by a specific date rather than producing a functioning product by that date.

Hope next month's free PS Plus games aren't going to be a wild hunt...

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Akuma posted:

They just showed off and talked about some Anthem 2.0 changes so badly timed example!

He can talk about the PS5 store update two weeks before the release of PS6 then!

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I could deal with a worse design if it was at least functional. But the store won't load content half the time for me, and if it does sometimes it just won't let me add it to my cart. I never had these issues with the web store before.

edit: After giving me two different errors trying to add something to my cart, I refreshed the page and now it's showing as already added to my cart. Good poo poo.

Agrias120 fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Oct 30, 2020

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
The search experience is terrible, you just get a bunch of box art in squares back, no text so for a lot of games the art for DLC or whatever is almost identical and you have no idea which search result is which.

On my phone it formats a list of two entries per row, like how you might expect it to look on mobile, except then it zooms out about 4x, so it's this narrow column of tiny items on the left of the screen and 75% white space. If I pinch to zoom in, any time you click or interact with anything on the page it zooms back out again.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I haven't been keeping up on the news too closely, has there been a definitive word on how the free PS Plus games will work with PS5? I see November has two PS4 games and one PS5, is that expected to be the norm (at least until they ineveitably ditch the PS4 stuff)?

And past claimed PS4 games should all work on PS5, as long they aren't one of the (10?) magic games that aren't backward compatible?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Minidust posted:

I haven't been keeping up on the news too closely, has there been a definitive word on how the free PS Plus games will work with PS5? I see November has two PS4 games and one PS5, is that expected to be the norm (at least until they ineveitably ditch the PS4 stuff)?

And past claimed PS4 games should all work on PS5, as long they aren't one of the (10?) magic games that aren't backward compatible?

We dont know.
Just that bugsnax is being given out in nov/dec and destruction all stars in feb/march
So maybe ps5 games are on there for 2 months and ps4 games change every month.
Except january, which has no ps5 game announced.
We just dont know

Yes all ps4 games work except for those 10, but a few devs announced patches to fix so maybe it will be fewer that dont work

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

tried the phone app because somebody said it was better than the web store. i guess its responsive but you cant browse by either 'new add-ons' or 'just show me ps5 games' so lol at how little they want me to give them money

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

also they just added a bunch of disclaimers to ps4 games that they will be buggy on ps5 so check the ps5 thread

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

desktop app just has a single picture of whatever the game is like, no link to dlc, no videos, nothing.

BUY THING
Maybe???1!
IT CONTAINS STUFF

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

This new store is actively helping me from buying games. I got paid today, thought maybe I'd kill time before PS5 with Mafia Remastered, went to my phone and tried to buy it through the PS App with PayPal and it tells me "complete this purchase in a web browser." Any other service has a web browser window pop up or something and you can confirm it there and go back to the App, but the PS App doesn't. It took me like four attempts to realize that, gosh, it must want me to do it in a web browser from start to finish! So I go to the shopping cart on Chrome, try to complete the transaction, once again it tells me to complete it in a web browser despite being on a web browser so I guess it means go home, get on a computer/laptop, and finish the transaction that way. By the time I got home I was just tired so I decided to play Dead by Daylight instead of dropping 50 Canuck Bucks on Mafia.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
maybe I'm an outlier but the new mobile/app store works fine for me. I just searched for Demon's Souls and bought it no problem via PayPal. the PS+ games are easy to find, and there's way less lag than the old store for me

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
No sorting or filtering, what a great design choice

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Shadow of War and Hollow Knight are up as free PS Plus games...except they seem to have forgotten the free part, it wants to charge $50 for Shadow and $15 for Hollow Knight

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wait a few hours
I never check psn before noon est

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Also not up yet but should be later today are November's new PS Now games.

F1 2020
Injustice 2
Kingdom Come: Deliverance (available until May 3rd, 2021)
My Time at Portia
Rage 2
Warhammer: Vermintide 2

Leaving later today are Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege and, apparently, Shadow Complex: Remastered (which also means you'll need a PS4 to play it, unless they patch it to work with the PS5). Leaving November 30th will be Resident Evil VII: Biohazard (although this is part of the PS Plus Collection so PS5 havers can still play this) and Metro: Exodus.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Hollow Knight seems cool but I find navigating huge ant mazes in 2D very confusing.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

WaltherFeng posted:

Hollow Knight seems cool but I find navigating huge ant mazes in 2D very confusing.

I'm of the unpopular opinion that Hollow Knight is a very pretty game that learned all the wrong lessons from Souls-like games, and adapted the wrong things to a 2d environment.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i didnt realize it for a very long time and i did like hollow knight but i think it really began to bother me that every single surface in the game is entirely flat.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

rabidsquid posted:

i didnt realize it for a very long time and i did like hollow knight but i think it really began to bother me that every single surface in the game is entirely flat.

yeah same. i played a metroid after it and was like oh yeah, slopes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I thought Hollow Knight was boring, ugly, easy in an uninteresting way, and generally unfun, honestly don't know what anyone sees in it.

Bugsnax though...

And speaking of Bugsnax there seems to be no way to add it to your library in the new PS store?