Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Bobby Deluxe posted:

His driver ran over a cameraman's foot when his car was being mobbed, and it was frontpage that he had hit someone for a few days, yes.

If British politics was Doom then the Tories would be "I'm too young to die", Starmer would be "Hey not so rough" and Corbyn would be "Nightmare" where even after you've beaten something it comes back just as strong for no penalty except to you.

I keep thinking about how Johnson cheating on his wife, the mother of some of his children, while she was going through cancer, during an election, with a much younger woman, who was the fiancé of a prominent political editor and getting her pregnant out of wedlock was treated like a storybook romance and said political editor Harry Cuckold took some time off work before coming back to give softball interviews to the guy who cucked him. If one part of that story happen to Corbyn we'd still be hearing about it, as it stands its just me unable to move past it.

We were never going to be allowed to win and its a miracle we got as far as we did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Walton Simons posted:

I like this, I don't really understand the 'dependency on the state' argument, people like being able to feed their kids more than a staple diet. They're not feral cats, but people seem to think that if you feed one kid they'll tell the others and oh no suddenly they're all making GBS threads in your garden.
The other major difference is that it's our loving money. It's not cash the state magicked out of nowhere, it's taxes paid by us and some of the companies we work for.

It shouldn't come as a susprise that a bunch of entitled and economically illiterate cunts keep failing to see it that way.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

So I've started creating a deepfake model of Starmer, for a laugh. I'm currently at step 2 of a 10+ step process so I don't know that I'll necessarily be successful...

But if anybody has any suggestions of what I can put him into that'd be good.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Walton Simons posted:

I like this, I don't really understand the 'dependency on the state' argument, people like being able to feed their kids more than a staple diet. They're not feral cats, but people seem to think that if you feed one kid they'll tell the others and oh no suddenly they're all making GBS threads in your garden.
Also so what if they are? Food voucher programs (especially for kids) generate massive savings, for the NHS because well fed kids get sick less, for the schools because well fed kids act up less, for shops and the police and the courts because well fed kids don't steal food out of desperation, and gains for the economy in general as parents have some extra money to spend, even if it is on beer is that not still a sale?

The FANIOM (Food Assistance National Input-Output Multiplier) Model estimates gains of around 1.79 for inputs of around a billion.

And you could get that billion cheap as gently caress, the current yield on a 5 year gilt is -0.08%. Negative. Borrow a billion and they'll give you 800 grand to take it home with.

*puts on extremely harold macmillan hat* If one's banker told them they could borrow at negative rates and one's broker told them of an investment proven by science to nearly double their money, it would be an extremely poor businessman who did not at least investigate.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

The other major difference is that it's our loving money. It's not cash the state magicked out of nowhere, it's taxes paid by us and some of the companies we work for.

It shouldn't come as a susprise that a bunch of entitled and economically illiterate cunts keep failing to see it that way.
*puts on extremely MMT hat*

e: ^^ The side of a cyclist?

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/may/11/jeremy-corbyns-car-runs-over-foot-of-bbc-camera-operator

It was a *police car*, not his own driver, that ran over a BBC camera operator's foot, and yet it might as well have been Corbyn himself.

Desiderata
May 25, 2005
Go placidly amid the noise and haste...

Lungboy posted:

I missed that the Government buried the publication of the Cygnus report during the Manchester brouhaha last week https://archive.vn/dKQyb

Also it turns out that Hunt is such a soft twat he can't even turn off pretend ventilators in a pretend pandemic https://archive.vn/ZmSmq

Aaaaaand the British press will let all this slide. Systemic disfunction resulting ultimately in literal corpses will mean nothing.

Contrast with The Guardian sharpening the nails to ram into the Corbyn regime's coffin over the equalities commission report. You can hear the thirst in the tone of the writing. https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/oct/28/labour-figures-braced-antisemitism-inquiry-rule-party-acted-unlawfully

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

mrpwase posted:

I can't find the gif that recommends the guillotine for all of them though, sadly.

ty kindly

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Desiderata posted:

Aaaaaand the British press will let all this slide. Systemic disfunction resulting ultimately in literal corpses will mean nothing.

Contrast with The Guardian sharpening the nails to ram into the Corbyn regime's coffin over the equalities commission report. You can hear the thirst in the tone of the writing. https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/oct/28/labour-figures-braced-antisemitism-inquiry-rule-party-acted-unlawfully

I'm literally feeling sick at this, graun will have had advance notice of the contents.

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Lungboy posted:

Also it turns out that Hunt is such a soft twat he can't even turn off pretend ventilators in a pretend pandemic https://archive.vn/ZmSmq

Jeremy Hunt takes RPing seriously

Maybe the question will shift from will you launch nukes to will you turn off ventilators. Are you a bad enough dude to keep the economy going through medical sacrifice?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

mehall posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/may/11/jeremy-corbyns-car-runs-over-foot-of-bbc-camera-operator

It was a *police car*, not his own driver, that ran over a BBC camera operator's foot, and yet it might as well have been Corbyn himself.
I can imagine the british press wracked with the agony of choosing between letting cops get away with crimes and railing on Corbyn.

IIRC correctly a lot of the papers reported it as 'the car Corbyn was in' and never bothered correcting it.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Desiderata posted:

On the one hand I'm very much used to British liberals wildly overestimating the impact or severity that they see as a positive by now. They absolutely did believe the "twenty points ahead" thing for years, they absolutely did believe that "one person, one vote" would result in massive enthusiasm for their chosen few, they absolutely believed that the CUKTIGs were an earthquake in electoral politics, and they absolutely believed that the Panorama documentary was a smoking gun that would put a bullet in the Corbyn project.

But on the other hand, even if the report is at best mildly damning and provides minimal evidence for its conclusions they'll run hard with it anyway and use it to beat the left.

We all know its bullshit anyway, so just roll with it and stop loving voting for the Labour Party.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I'm literally feeling sick at this, graun will have had advance notice of the contents.

Alternatively: https://skwawkbox.org/2020/10/28/exclusive-big-improvement-under-formby-what-the-ehrc-is-likely-to-say-and-what-it-wont/

Nutapii
Jun 24, 2020
And since it's a lidl chicken, you won't actually need to add any water to boil the bones. I think you could boil their chicken breasts by putting them in a dry pan.

On that note, why are British electrical hobs so unbelievably poo poo, or are there any specific models/electrical set up that indicates a good one? I've used them in Europe, wonderful, no issues - every flat I've been in with an electric hob has just been a complete waste, effectively off-warm-on with twenty min intervals to control temperatures. I now will not move to a place without gas cooking.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

mrpwase posted:

I can't find the gif that recommends the guillotine for all of them though, sadly.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Saw this just now and was reminded of what the thread was saying yesterday about never actually owning anything:

https://twitter.com/envinyon/status/1321547344115044355?s=20

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
The Tories and the Spectator continue to be poo poo. The Independent also seems to have joined in the being poo poo fun this time round too

https://twitter.com/renireni/status/1321483726614921218

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

WhatEvil posted:

Saw this just now and was reminded of what the thread was saying yesterday about never actually owning anything:

https://twitter.com/envinyon/status/1321547344115044355?s=20

I've always understood that to be the case.
There was a big furore in 2009 when Amazon deleted 1984 and Animal Farm from Kindles (but that was apparently because the 'seller' didn't have the rights to them).

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

Nutapii posted:

And since it's a lidl chicken, you won't actually need to add any water to boil the bones. I think you could boil their chicken breasts by putting them in a dry pan.

On that note, why are British electrical hobs so unbelievably poo poo, or are there any specific models/electrical set up that indicates a good one? I've used them in Europe, wonderful, no issues - every flat I've been in with an electric hob has just been a complete waste, effectively off-warm-on with twenty min intervals to control temperatures. I now will not move to a place without gas cooking.

Induction hobs are the way of the future. All the control of gas, but easier to clean and less likely to blow up your house when you're frying bacon at 2am while drunk.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

WhatEvil posted:

So I've started creating a deepfake model of Starmer, for a laugh. I'm currently at step 2 of a 10+ step process so I don't know that I'll necessarily be successful...

But if anybody has any suggestions of what I can put him into that'd be good.

The funniest thing to do with it would be to make fake videos of him saying something okay, not radical left or anything just basic human decency, everytime he lurches to the right on some wierd culture war thing.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Get him doing some of Corbyn's best speeches and watch the cunts lap it up.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

sebzilla posted:

Get him doing some of Corbyn's best speeches and watch the cunts lap it up.

Yeah, definitely this.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Is there some secret method to cooking stirfrys on an induction hob? Because I've always found them especially poo poo for that compared to gas. Like an inability to keep the pan blazing hot unless maintaining constant contact with the hob.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

blunt posted:

Is there some secret method to cooking stirfrys on an induction hob? Because I've always found them especially poo poo for that compared to gas. Like an inability to keep the pan blazing hot unless maintaining constant contact with the hob.

Get a piece of mild steel plate, about the size of the hotplate. Lay it on the hob, then cook on that with your wok.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

What's happening with halloween? I looked it up and predictably the nearest the government guidance gets is saying 'the rules are clear' and then repeating the unclear guidamce, rather than saying 'yes, with these conditions' or 'no are you insane.'

Obviously I hope It's not because then I can have a shitload of malteasers to myself.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/MarcusRashford/status/1321584910654705665

:shobon:

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Edit /\ /\ It's the most amazing thing that he genuinely doesn't know what "virtue signalling" is, he's literally just a good bloke that was smart and kind enough to use his online platform to help kids and he did it insanely well and he did it without being Poisoned By Online. There is an entire book on the difference between Starmer and Rashford.

Regarde Aduck posted:

No it’s ok. I officially give up. London is fine and my words were hyperbolic.

Old post but there is a middle ground between 'Londoners are genetically inferior' and 'I give up London is fine'. The City of London, the Westminster bubble and ~70% of the worst cunts in the UK, and 99% of the international cunts we apparently have to deal with, are all contained within London please don't be put off from anti-London posting that easily; this city is a pain machine and a festering scab on the international body humanity it really needs to be criticised much more than it is even if Londoners here are always gonna do some 'oi you're insulting my working-class neighbour there!' response.

Vitamin P fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Oct 29, 2020

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/TobyonTV/status/1321584489341079556

The rich are scum, we should hunt them for sport

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

There's nothing in the report that will change anybody's mind. If they were vulnerable to thinking Corbyn's an anti-semite based on no evidence then they already think so.

The only damage the report might do is if Sir Haircut decides to suspend people. Or if it calls for an "independent body" to be set up outside the party, and they decide to suspend people.

Lungboy posted:

This is a weird one because it kinda seems like Hunt.. has a point?

Like I'm not sure what the circumstances would be where the Secretary of State is going to issue an edict to doctors to withdraw ventilation from patients en masse. What would be the criteria? Just an age cut-off, or something more complex? What if there's nobody waiting to go onto that ventilator at your location, are you gonna take it away from someone and watch them die so it can sits there unused?

Obviously in a triage situation difficult decisions like that have to be made, but I'm pretty sure they should be made closer to the ground than the loving Secretary of State. At the very least if they tried ordering doctors to withdraw ventilation from people who could survive based on arbitrary national criteria there would be a revolt.

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

I tend to assume all professional sportsmen are dickheads, (Hi, Michael Vaughan!) but he seems like a decent chap.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Who accused him of virtue signalling anyway? I looked at the twitter thread and googled to no avail.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Who accused him of virtue signalling anyway? I looked at the twitter thread and googled to no avail.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
He is probably the new hate figure for the tweetmen of twitter with their dumblebums and slitherdins doo doo odooo doo DOOOOOOOOOO doooooooooooo doooo doodoo ododoooooooooooooooooooooooo :spooky:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Apparently the BoD Marie van der Zyl is on Question Time tomorrow night. Hm. I wonder, is Corbyn going to get a kicking?
Haven't watched that show for so long now - used to be 'required' years ago. Now it's just a far right love in.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Got a COVID test tomorrow morning, when on the phone to 111 the nurse said it was best to be sure but "of course it could be one of the 1 in 6 tests that gives a false negative." Which fills me with almost as much hope as the pre-used tests that were delivered to those students.

I can't help but feel like it was a cry for help from someone absolutely at the end of their tether with the mismanagement of this poo poo.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

jabby posted:

There's nothing in the report that will change anybody's mind. If they were vulnerable to thinking Corbyn's an anti-semite based on no evidence then they already think so.

The only damage the report might do is if Sir Haircut decides to suspend people. Or if it calls for an "independent body" to be set up outside the party, and they decide to suspend people.

This is a weird one because it kinda seems like Hunt.. has a point?

Like I'm not sure what the circumstances would be where the Secretary of State is going to issue an edict to doctors to withdraw ventilation from patients en masse. What would be the criteria? Just an age cut-off, or something more complex? What if there's nobody waiting to go onto that ventilator at your location, are you gonna take it away from someone and watch them die so it can sits there unused?

Obviously in a triage situation difficult decisions like that have to be made, but I'm pretty sure they should be made closer to the ground than the loving Secretary of State. At the very least if they tried ordering doctors to withdraw ventilation from people who could survive based on arbitrary national criteria there would be a revolt.

The problem is that Hunt said 'I refuse to accept this - if things get this bad, we've already failed', so they changed the exercise to map out how they could prevent things from getting that bad, and came up with some pretty good ideas... which Hunt then never bothered to implement.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Got a COVID test tomorrow morning, when on the phone to 111 the nurse said it was best to be sure but "of course it could be one of the 1 in 6 tests that gives a false negative." Which fills me with almost as much hope as the pre-used tests that were delivered to those students.

I can't help but feel like it was a cry for help from someone absolutely at the end of their tether with the mismanagement of this poo poo.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/oct/28/england-coronavirus-covid-test-and-trace-teenagers

A Monbiot effort on the track & trace:

final couple of paragraphs:

quote:

At the same time, the NHS is so underfunded that it is now asking volunteers to fill critical positions. A recent series of advertisements called for applicants for the posts of project manager, lead data warehouse developer and business analyst to work unpaid, on contracts that would usually offer between £450 and £550 a day.

People ask me, “is this a cockup or a conspiracy?”. The correct answer is both. The government is using the pandemic to shift the boundaries between public and private provision, restructure public health and pass lucrative contracts to poorly qualified private companies. The inevitable result is a galactic cockup. This is what you get from a government that values money above human life.

This relates to England. Apparently Wales is using proper public health people to do track & trace (so friends who ought to know are telling me).

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

There is literally no way this report was ever going to say “Labour is exonerated; Corbyn is Britain’s greatest friend to the Jews”. There was always going to be some level of criticism in there. So this article reads like they’re preparing for whatever is in that report to be seen as damning.

Just to be clear, I have no inside knowledge of this report, it could be anything as far as I’m concerned.

Vitamin P posted:

Old post but there is a middle ground between 'Londoners are genetically inferior' and 'I give up London is fine'. The City of London, the Westminster bubble and ~70% of the worst cunts in the UK, and 99% of the international cunts we apparently have to deal with, are all contained within London please don't be put off from anti-London posting that easily; this city is a pain machine and a festering scab on the international body humanity it really needs to be criticised much more than it is even if Londoners here are always gonna do some 'oi you're insulting my working-class neighbour there!' response.

I love how you’re doing some real minimising on “my working-class neighbour” there, where in fact you’re referring to the biggest left-wing block in the country who made London the only region to vote for a transformative socialist government in the last two elections. It’s some real “and some, I assume, are good people” poo poo.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Vitamin P posted:

Edit /\ /\ It's the most amazing thing that he genuinely doesn't know what "virtue signalling" is, he's literally just a good bloke that was smart and kind enough to use his online platform to help kids and he did it insanely well and he did it without being Poisoned By Online. There is an entire book on the difference between Starmer and Rashford.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say I reckon he absolutely knows what the term means and is cleverly pushing his critics into a corner by demanding they spell it out.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I enjoy that "My Prime Minister" is trending and it's rashford, not starmer :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

tbh i kinda hope the report does come out and corbyn gets kicked out or something
outside of some miracle i dont think the labour party is salvagable as a vehicle for social change, seems to be run by incompetents with a completely shite organisational structure who are more than willing to suicide the party to prevent it going left, which i totally understand cause im the same but for their lot