Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Chill la Chill posted:

:eyepop:

Cubes is great, though I'm sure a clever boardgamer might suggest something better.

Provost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Kurieg posted:

For the Owod/cofd category, by popular request.

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
cubes

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Can we get a slight extension on this? We have some Infinity ones incoming.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yes sure. I'll push things out to tomorrow mid-day (my time, which is pacific US).

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

1000 glorious years of gang tags. 1000 glorious years of shitposting.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

slapped this together but i'm real bad at GIMP and don't understand why the borders aren't rounded even though it is in the version i saved

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Lone Goat posted:

slapped this together but i'm real bad at GIMP and don't understand why the borders aren't rounded even though it is in the version i saved

It's a png file you have to save it special to actually preserve the transparency. Save it with a FFFF00 magenta background and I can do it for ya.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Kurieg posted:

It's a png file you have to save it special to actually preserve the transparency. Save it with a FFFF00 magenta background and I can do it for ya.

gonna assume you meant ff00ff because the one you said was yellow

Refind Chaos
Sep 16, 2007

King of 'tisms mountain
I'm all about this one:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

gonna assume you meant ff00ff because the one you said was yellow

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah needs to be shorter.

I figured I'd give it a shot even though Kurieg's work is a runaway success, as a maximum confusing in-joke option.

This one, though, I can absolutely get behind. I want this.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I Am Just a Box posted:

I figured I'd give it a shot even though Kurieg's work is a runaway success, as a maximum confusing in-joke option.

for the love of god do not pick this option I feel physically ill having made this

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Kurieg posted:

for the love of god do not pick this option I feel physically ill having made this

I'm sorry, this is objectively the right choice, burn all my submissions it's this tag.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Well if we are doing.. that... here's a version with a fixed frame delay, since in my haste to shitpost I hosed it up.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Kurieg posted:

Well if we are doing.. that... here's a version with a fixed frame delay, since in my haste to shitpost I hosed it up.

It's perfect :allears:

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

Kurieg posted:

This is my vote for literally every category. Warhams? Thai Cuisine. DnD? Thai Cuisine. oWoD? You better believe it's Thai Cuisine.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Thai Cuisine is really growing on me, but I would like to see it in black and white. You know, understated and baffling, rather than very obviously shitposty.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

TotalHell posted:

just stole cubes from the other tag, lemme know if it should say something else:

Thai Cuisine is great and I love it but this one is just pure gold.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Kurieg posted:

I love this with every fibre of my being.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Joe Slowboat posted:

Thai Cuisine is really growing on me, but I would like to see it in black and white. You know, understated and baffling, rather than very obviously shitposty.

I think the background in a faded sepia with THAI CUISINE in stark black would accomplish this, but the rainbow and non-looping is such a great callback to the BJ Zanzibar days.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Sure, here's the alternate:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

The lovely rainbow has grown on me, and I don't want to compete against myself, but here.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Jesus is there an upper limit to how many gang tags you can have? I want them all.

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Sic transit gloria. Maybe we'll meet again someday, when the fighting stops.
I might have missed it, but is there an OSR gang tag already?

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

can someone do something cool with this

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Fist Wizard is :perfect: and I need it in my life-slash-avatar immediately.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Xiahou Dun posted:

Jesus is there an upper limit to how many gang tags you can have? I want them all.

There is an upper limit to how many tags you can stack under your av, yes. I am breaking that limit but that is about to change!

Why?

Because I just found out that the "marquee" tag works in custom titles. After we pick the final titles (voting coming up soon!) I will select my favorites and put them into my own av and show off how the marquee thing works, but if you'd like to just use theater-of-the-mind for a moment, imagine all your tags floating past, moving from right to left, under your avatar, one after another. Just a smooth scroll of however many tags. Can you picture it? Glorious!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I have a feeling that isn't going to work that well with some of the animated gangtags.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Let me at least day-dream about poo poo-posting about elfgames while I have a run of gang tags like a FYAD poster (without, you know, the FYAD). I'm a very sad man and I need to find joy where it is.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Kurieg posted:

I have a feeling that isn't going to work that well with some of the animated gangtags.

Yeah it's a slow scroll, if the animation loop completes in, say, four seconds, it probably works? I haven't timed it and in fact I suspect the speed depends on how each browser implements the marquee tag, but for some of these it won't look great.

But it's an option for anyone who wants 4+ tags, or more than one gangtag that includes a tall one, or has a tall avatar already and wants 2+ tags.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

You could maybe have a few long animation ones on top and the static/short animation ones below them in a [marquee]

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh posted:

There is an upper limit to how many tags you can stack under your av, yes. I am breaking that limit but that is about to change!

Why?

Because I just found out that the "marquee" tag works in custom titles. After we pick the final titles (voting coming up soon!) I will select my favorites and put them into my own av and show off how the marquee thing works, but if you'd like to just use theater-of-the-mind for a moment, imagine all your tags floating past, moving from right to left, under your avatar, one after another. Just a smooth scroll of however many tags. Can you picture it? Glorious!

This made me laugh out loud. Tempting.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Why?

Oh my gods. <marquee> opens up whole new vistas of gang tag fuckery and I love it.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

:siren:VOTEVOTEVOTEVOTEVOTE:siren:

I tried to put everything in the right category but if I hosed that up tell me right away! Maybe one or more of the General TG ones were supposed to be for D&D? :shrug:

Vote for your favorites. You can vote multiple times but don't go back and change your votes because I ain't reading the thread backwards. All your votes are weighted equally, e.g. you can't vote for the same tag thrice and have that outweigh someone else's one vote. All scorekeeping is subject to error and that's too bad. I'm the GM. Only one tag from each category will win and be added as an Official SA Gang Tag. After voting is over, then and only then, will I start taking requests for adding gang tags to your av. Please don't bother to request that yet thank you

For the categories with a lot of options there may be a runoff!
Depending on how many tags collect a decent number of votes, I'll pick the top two or three or maybe five-sh and do a runoff. There will definitely be a runoff for the general TG tag because it's so important.

For the categories with only one option, you should still vote because I'm not going to request upload of a gang tag if only like two people give a poo poo about it.

For the sake of shortness etc. I am stripping the quotes. But please express your gratitude to everyone who submitted one or more tags, because that was super cool and good of them. Especially That Old Tree who made like twenty tags.

General TG
a.
b.
c.
d.
e.
f.
g.
h.
i.
j.
k.

Minis painting / general tabletop wargames
a.
b.
c.
d.
e.
f.
g.
h.
i.
j.
k.
l.
m.

Boardgames
a.
b.
c.
d.
e.
f.
g.
h.
i.
j.
k.
l.
m.

World of Darkness / Night Horrors
a.
b.
c.
d.
e.
f.
g.
h.
i.
j.
k.
l.

Magic: The Gathering
a.
b.
c.

Warhammer 40k
a.
b.

Shadowrun but these are both too tall but we'll cut the winner down so vote anyway
a.
b.

PbtA/BitD/Storygames
a.
b.

Infinity
a.
b.

Call of Cthulhu / Mythos ? it just says trad games though so ??? poo poo I dunno
a.

Battletech
a.

D&D
a.

FATAL & Friends
a.

Exalted
a.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Oct 29, 2020

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
You left out this one:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

what, no I didn't, dunno what you're talking about, also I also didn't forget the other storygames entry, or the entire category, it was there all along hush

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
You now have two storygames/PbtA categories.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
General TG
D or E

Minis painting / general tabletop wargames
B, H, or L

Boardgames
J or M

World of Darkness / Night Horrors
H

Magic: The Gathering
B

Warhammer 40k
A

Shadowrun but these are both too tall but we'll cut the winner down so vote anyway
B

Call of Cthulhu / Mythos ? it just says trad games though so ??? poo poo I dunno
A

Battletech
A

D&D
A

FATAL & Friends
A

PbtA/BitD/storygames
A

Exalted
A

Storygames
A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

You now have two storygames/PbtA categories.

oh for gently caress's... ok fixed thank you lemon lime

just to clarify I was imagining folks would only vote for categories if they want a tag from that category because they play that game/post in that thread but yeah I'm not policing that so I guess you can do like PTN there and vote in every single category if you want to lol

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Oct 28, 2020