Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

AlliedBiscuit posted:

Well this is one of the most vile things I've seen in a while.. TLDR a guy told them they don't unsderstand science and they dunk on him by saying that his daughter with cancer got that way because he didn't understand science by giving her vaccinations.

This person used to be a friend of the family, but they are now fully onboard with literally every right-wing conspiracy theory out there.

Just below that she shares a Faceapped photo of young Barack and Michelle that made Michelle look like a man. When someone actually called her out on it, she said "Well Michelle looks like a man anyway, because SHE IS ONE." Then she says how the Obamas should be executed.

"He doesn't know anything about weather manipulation either"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Listen to this guy, he's a Vagina Biologist.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

AlliedBiscuit posted:

Well this is one of the most vile things I've seen in a while.. TLDR a guy told them they don't unsderstand science and they dunk on him by saying that his daughter with cancer got that way because he didn't understand science by giving her vaccinations.

This person used to be a friend of the family, but they are now fully onboard with literally every right-wing conspiracy theory out there.

Just below that she shares a Faceapped photo of young Barack and Michelle that made Michelle look like a man. When someone actually called her out on it, she said "Well Michelle looks like a man anyway, because SHE IS ONE." Then she says how the Obamas should be executed.

I guess this is what the conversation looks like after the pigeon shits all over the board and flies off to its friends

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/girlscouts/status/1321545257071316993?s=20

https://twitter.com/dril/status/831805955402776576?s=20

in case they delete it

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Last loving Girl Scout cookie I ever buy.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I've never heard of the guy, but from what I can tell based on seconds of googling, he appears to be white. Like, incredibly white.

I've met him. He is.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Last loving Girl Scout cookie I ever buy.

I am looking forward to telling someone's kid that I don't negotiate with terrorists.

Then buying some thin mints, dammit.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Henchman of Santa posted:

Why is nobody talking about teens honking pud during the pandemic!

https://twitter.com/bethanyshondark/status/1321046344442744832?s=21

In case anyone has forgotten, this is the woman who made the "Why we should befriend Neo-Nazis" article.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

*Liberal feminist voice* MORE 👏 FEMALE 👏 OPPRESSORS

anyone catch the (now deleted) appended tweet?

Edit: someone captured it further down lmao

Mak0rz has a new favorite as of 23:28 on Oct 28, 2020

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

chitoryu12 posted:

In case anyone has forgotten, this is the woman who made the "Why we should befriend Neo-Nazis" article.

also the followup "liberals were mean to me, so now I am a nazi" article

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
It's probably good and useful work to be nice to and try to have conversations with Nazis, but it's also a big loving ask of anyone to do it.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

hallo spacedog posted:

"shod and Freud"

Heilige Scheiße :negative:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

StillFullyTerrible posted:

also the followup "liberals were mean to me, so now I am a nazi" article

Tim Pool was literally doing this bit live on Twitter as of a little while ago.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Captain Monkey posted:

Tim Pool was literally doing this bit live on Twitter as of a little while ago.

Didn't he already do that bit 4 years ago?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Skwirl posted:

It's probably good and useful work to be nice to and try to have conversations with Nazis, but it's also a big loving ask of anyone to do it.
And if you're someone not firm in your conviction who fits the approved characteristics of Nazis, what you can take away from that is, wow, these people are so friendly! Maybe they have a good point! Especially if you're in a position that's useful to them organizationally.

She's an idiot.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Skwirl posted:

It's probably good and useful work to be nice to and try to have conversations with punch Nazis., but it's also a big loving ask of anyone to do it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/girlscouts/status/1321596834649956354

lmao

"whoops, sorry, didn't mean to get too political for you"

Of course now chuds are mad at them for deleting it too.

Fister Roboto has a new favorite as of 02:17 on Oct 29, 2020

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Skwirl posted:

Only if the conversation is about them ceasing to be nazis, yes.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Only if the conversation is about them ceasing to be nazis, yes.

The people who do the work of talking Nazis out of being Nazis generally don't start with "you shouldn't be a Nazi."

That's why it's hard work that most people can't do and I will never criticise some for just loving punching a Nazi.

Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain
The dude in Seattle walking around with a swastika armband got knocked the gently caress out and after awaking from his fist-induced sleep threw the armband in the trash so... it works

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Britain, explain yourself

https://twitter.com/Rosie_Tapner/status/1321409296056438785?s=20

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Unbelievably disgusting, even for british food.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't know why this island is full of such awful people but I wish they would go somewhere else and take their food with them.

Like can we pack them all off to ascension island or something? Maybe one of the uninhabited pitcairns?

Your ancestors were cooking root vegetables for thousands of years why are you mashing up slop out of bottles and tins and eating it cold?

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 03:15 on Oct 29, 2020

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Fister Roboto posted:

https://twitter.com/girlscouts/status/1321596834649956354

lmao

"whoops, sorry, didn't mean to get too political for you"

Of course now chuds are mad at them for deleting it too.

Okay so the tweet:
  • Congratulated a new SCOTUS member on their position.
  • Framed it as a sort of "feminism win!" (lol)

Regardless of the politics or public opinion of the Justice in question there's... no possible way to make a message like that "nonpolitical" :psyduck:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I would definitely say that an organization for young women celebrating the appointment of a woman to the highest court in the land is not political, as long as you disregard her politics.

But hooboy, in this case that is very much a "other than that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?" kind of thing.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah I mean it sure would be nice if a Supreme Court appointment were not a "political" thing, but here we are — and there is no way to even think of ACB as anything but a massively political statement by the party in power. There is almost no apolitical framing of her at all. Which is kind of insane

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I've never heard of the guy, but from what I can tell based on seconds of googling, he appears to be white. Like, incredibly white.

One might say Marvelously white....

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Data Graham posted:

Yeah I mean it sure would be nice if a Supreme Court appointment were not a "political" thing, but here we are — and there is no way to even think of ACB as anything but a massively political statement by the party in power. There is almost no apolitical framing of her at all. Which is kind of insane

What was the last SCOTUS nomination that it was even possible to frame apolitically? Stephen Breyer? David Souter?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Powered Descent posted:

What was the last SCOTUS nomination that it was even possible to frame apolitically? Stephen Breyer? David Souter?

Merrick Garland.

And Souter, whom I admire, was very much a political appointee; it was a favor to John Sununu.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/therealhoarse/status/1321650193046130689?s=21

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Broshevik posted:

The dude in Seattle walking around with a swastika armband got knocked the gently caress out and after awaking from his fist-induced sleep threw the armband in the trash so... it works

I'm going to wait on the prestige article about him where he talks about how a good clock-cleaning is what set him on the path way from nazi garbage life before I'll believe he really turned his back on that poo poo. Everyone feels disillusioned after their little strongman bubble gets popped. But it's too easy to just crawl back among your fellows and get wound up all over again.

There is no one-easy trick for deprogramming fascists. You just protect your own from them with mockery and punches, and leave a tiny doggy door of empathy for any of them that come calling looking for a way out.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
It’s been one year since this certified hood classic.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

TinTower posted:

It’s been one year since this certified hood classic.

Every time you look at it you find something worse.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Fister Roboto posted:

Every time you look at it you find something worse.

Pretty sure that the admission to being a landlord is the worst part.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/tastemade/status/1321406356604203009?s=2

This has to be one of those hate click things.

They made the dumbest version of shrimp and grits.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The wet popcorn slurry made me want to throw up

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I was briefly on board when I thought it was going to pan out to be some sort of fry batter but then it panned out to be some gross, yuppie paste version of shrimp and grits.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

I'm normally a British food apologist. But this is a war crime.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

She's a horse person, they're all broken inside in some way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rage McDougal
Jul 28, 2013

https://twitter.com/Alex_Stafford/status/1321705385292648448

I love this tweet for several reasons:
  1. Literally retweeting what a terrible human you are
  2. Name searching yourself to find people being mean to you
  3. Referring to the most basic "your mum" joke as vile
  4. Trying to dob in a student to their uni