Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That's just store bought flavoured milk without the flavouring.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

OwlFancier posted:

That's just store bought flavoured milk without the flavouring.

It's milk flavored milk

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/711384212044775447/771371589308252170/aeDqnG5_460sv.mp4

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jesus it just keeps going

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

The Bloop posted:

Who itt opens cartons and checks all the eggs before purchase because I sure do and I'm always shocked when I see someone just walk up grab a cartoon and go

I check the eggs every time, gently caress buying a carton with one or two broken.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I nudge the eggs. Once I got a carton with one egg stuck to it. Of course that was the egg I tried to use first. So it cracked, its bottom stuck to the carton, and I had to remove the rest, storing them in a bowl where they took up more space, or at least a less-convenient space.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

BigHead posted:

Chiming in from two pages ago to say that these have replaced bread in my house. $5 for a sixty pack from Costco, so way cheaper. And healthier. 30 seconds in a hot pan or microwave.

Plus literally everything you can put on or in bread is better via taco.

wtf are those tortillaland ones like microwaved?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I always check my eggs, and the last carton I bought has this oddly tall, kind of cylinder-shaped egg. But it wasn't cracked so I didn't think anything of it.

It had a double yolk though.

Is there such a thing as a conjoined twin egg?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

I always check my eggs, and the last carton I bought has this oddly tall, kind of cylinder-shaped egg. But it wasn't cracked so I didn't think anything of it.

It had a double yolk though.

Is there such a thing as a conjoined twin egg?

double yolk is blessed

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Always check eggs, they make cartons easily openable in-store for a reason

Always buy jumbo, that way you might get double yolks

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ayu7NJshECk

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fischtick posted:

Put a couple wauggy steaks in an instant pot. Add a can of cream of mushroom soup and a jar of salsa (sounds weird I know). Pressure cook for 30 minutes, natural release.

I check eggs as well. But I had to share this sin.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I never check eggs in the store, and I can't remember the last time there was anything wrong with an egg when I tried to use it. In fact I don't think I have ever had a bad egg.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Mymla posted:

I never check eggs in the store, and I can't remember the last time there was anything wrong with an egg when I tried to use it. In fact I don't think I have ever had a bad egg.

impossible. i've been to the store before, and had times where I go through 4 carts before I get one without broken eggs. mutated eggs are rare, broken ones happen like half the time.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

What store are you buying eggs in where a random 20% of the cartons aren't half smashed

Some place that's NOT walmart???

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Data Graham posted:

What store are you buying eggs in where a random 20% of the cartons aren't half smashed

they live in magical "safety-land" where ever single egg is carried around in a pelican case.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I am too lazy to check eggs, and I get maybe one broken one a year.

I do shop at a local supermarket chain where the employees are treated well and compensated fairly, and in general the level of quality control is loving amazing.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Eggs break in transit it's not like paying the store employees more fixes that unless you think they're opening all the cartons to check

I mean we should be paying them well anyhow, but it won't fix that, really

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

last time I bought eggs I went through at least five dozen of my preferred brand and type where four or five of the eggs in the carton were broken, like somebody had kicked a football into them. weird poo poo. but my parents taught me to check the eggs before you buy them, making sure that they're not obviously cracked or otherwise stuck to the carton, and now that's how I live

some places will have the grocery checker look over your eggs in a similar way, but I stick to self checkout pretty much exclusively these days

sorry no AFP my food's been good lately

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I just check for a broken egg, it's a quick open and close, can't remember the last time I saw a borken egg that I didn't break by being an idiot.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Data Graham posted:

publix. praise publix.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Marx Was A Lib posted:

publix. praise publix.

No Publix on the west coast. :(

I miss those subs.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I usually get my eggs from Aldi, and I've never seen a broken one there. Sure there's usually some idiot who spends like 10 minutes in the cooler, but I have no clue what they're looking for

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I get eggs from nests

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Ror posted:

No Publix on the west coast. :(

I miss those subs.

Florida may be a lot of things, but Publix-deficient it is not.

Every now and again I'll talk myself into going and doing my grocery shopping early in the day when the bakery is still in full swing and honestly?

I question my lack of faith in god.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

LifeSunDeath posted:

they live in magical "safety-land" where ever single egg is carried around in a pelican case.

Sweden most certainly must seem like a magical place to americans.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

What IS that, and why did he think he could get such a congealed mess to cascade in a fountain?

Banana pudding? Scrambled eggs? Taffy?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I thought it was mashed potato for a bit but probably some type of cheese

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

SlothfulCobra posted:

What IS that, and why did he think he could get such a congealed mess to cascade in a fountain?

Banana pudding? Scrambled eggs? Taffy?

cheesy mash potatoes

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

oh, it's a potato fountain

https://vimeo.com/26038222

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"Oh," he said, as though that explained anything

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/jxqUDvq.gifv

Normally I’d post about how goofy and tragic this is, lol silly cat! But it looks obvious that somebody dropped the cat in it so they could make a viral video. Hope they got clawed for their efforts...

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I buy eggs that come in a see through container because it's the future.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

All hail oddly tall cylinder egg!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

angerbeet posted:

I buy eggs that come in a see through container because it's the future.

Plastic egg crates? THat makes you future-history's greatest monster!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Iron Crowned posted:

Plastic egg crates? THat makes you future-history's greatest monster!

transparent aluminum

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/grabmybuttsticc/status/1292158798686121984?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Captain Monkey posted:

https://twitter.com/tastemade/status/1321406356604203009?s=2

This has to be one of those hate click things.

They made the dumbest version of shrimp and grits.