Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Fair enough. My Dodo code is BS0K9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

To whoever Savita is: I think you have to send me mail before I can send you your yellow tool cart, which I have ready and waiting for ya!

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Metaline posted:

To whoever Savita is: I think you have to send me mail before I can send you your yellow tool cart, which I have ready and waiting for ya!

Got your friend request :)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://twitter.com/Cpt_Hygiene/status/1321284316647673856

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I've got meteors going so I've opened up, check the code thread for details. Haven't seen Celeste yet, though :iiam:

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Chronojam posted:

I've got meteors going so I've opened up, check the code thread for details. Haven't seen Celeste yet, though :iiam:
Typing in game is torture for me, so I just wanted to thank you for opening up and looking for that fossil for me! I'm gonna be swimming in star fragments tomorrow.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Slugworth posted:

Typing in game is torture for me, so I just wanted to thank you for opening up and looking for that fossil for me! I'm gonna be swimming in star fragments tomorrow.

I use the Switch Online app type in game! I highly recommend.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Slugworth posted:

No problem!

I only started using the Switch app to type in game this weekend and now I feel like a dummy for taking so long to try it.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Isabelle is wearing a witch hat this morning! It's adorable :3:

also the nooklings are wearing animal hats and Tom's wearing imp horns

This game kills me

Black Robe fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Oct 28, 2020

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Black Robe posted:

This game kills me

The Nooklings are too cute!

I accidentally gave devil horns to Ankha and she's really into them.

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

ACNH etiquette is weird. I was AFK with my gates open for the last couple hours and just came back to check if everything was okay. I found out that someone who visited not only took the spoiled turnip I left out so that I could catch flies and ants, but they also picked the flowers on my friend’s grave in his memorial garden. Normally I’m totally fine with people picking flowers on my island; they’ll grow back, they always do. But realising that someone had picked those flowers...felt loving wrong in some way.

I'm really sorry that happened (it wasn't me, I swear!) and I have no idea how anyone could have missed the fact that that spot is a memorial.

Fleta Mcgurn fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Oct 28, 2020

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Mabel is also wearing imp horns. Sable doesn't seem to want to join in, I hope by Saturday her sisters have nagged her into dressing up.

I have black lilies! My zero-effort flower breeding is working well so far.

Also about two-thirds through my villager-moving and yard-building project. Soon I can start decorating everyone's gardens.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

ACNH etiquette is weird. I was AFK with my gates open for the last couple hours and just came back to check if everything was okay. I found out that someone who visited not only took the spoiled turnip I left out so that I could catch flies and ants, but they also picked the flowers on my friend’s grave in his memorial garden. Normally I’m totally fine with people picking flowers on my island; they’ll grow back, they always do. But realising that someone had picked those flowers...felt loving wrong in some way.

Funny you mention that, I left my island open for a while a few days back and had a couple of random flowers picked. Also in places where it looks like they deliberately did it. It was a time where I put the code in this thread so maybe there are some non sa people lurking the thread again. Didn't think much of it because it was just like 6 flowers.

I think I'll be just putting the code in discord and PGS from now on, it's just a pain to have to post things in 3 places.

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

Black Robe posted:

This game kills me

Just when I thought this game could not get any more loving adorable :kimchi:

Which reminds me, do we need to give villagers costumes for the main event or do they have their own?

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Motherfuckin Redd. 1 duplicate and three fakes.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

The sound is just so good in this game, you guys. It started raining an hour ago and I've just been peacefully fishing and listening to the rain sounds and it's super chill and nice.

Plus I have 3 coelacanth (so far) waiting for the next time CJ shows up, nyuk nyuk.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
:lol: at the Nook Inc. mandated employee Halloween costumes. I see the boss isn't wearing one.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Shneak posted:

:lol: at the Nook Inc. mandated employee Halloween costumes. I see the boss isn't wearing one.

Look again. His true demonic nature is revealed!!!!!!

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
One round and one pointy... These kids are too cute.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
Airport bird has a hat as well

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Hello! Please come to Spookfarts as it is my lovely partner's birthday! They live in the house next to the waterfall and rocket. Their favorite colors are purple and green and they like Japanese stuff.

As a special thank-you, help yourself to up to four mystery bags as part of our Halloween giveaway! Go right at the airport and grab some gifts from the beach. Sell it if you hate it, it's yours!

Grab as many free items as you want from in front of Nook's. turnips are at 129 and help yourself to anything in the store!

I apologize for forgetting what's in Able's, but omg the latest custom designs are amazing!

Saharah is here!

Finally, my sweet lazy boi Doc is in boxes. He was my first NMT villager. Please give him a new home with snacks!

Please take anything you like except for the dropped items on the leftmost beach and the pumpkins.

I am dressed like sexy Jesus today! Also I might actually not be AFK. Please give my partner a lil gift, they have had a lovely week. (Also if anyone has a spare pumpkin carriage, I'll give you my jesus body for it)

Death death code: battery died thank you!

Fleta Mcgurn fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Oct 29, 2020

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

:spooky: Spooooooooooooooooky meteor shower on Le BonZone tonight! :spooky:

Dodo code thisaway

Celeste is here! Last I saw her she was wandering around the northwest beach. It is now Scorpio season so come get your DIY!

Redd is also here! I real quick checked his inventory. I know he had fake Academic Painting, fake Famous painting, and real Lady with the Ermine painting sorry I forget the name. He has one huge painting that I also forget the name of and also forget how to tell if it's fake. Feel free to check and correct me and I'll update this.

Abel Sisters are closing soon but they had Mage Booties today.

I have no idea what my current DIY is. I'll update if I find out.

Buy anything you want at Nook's, and don't forget your candy!

Pick your own pumpkins! Help yourself to the pumpkin patch behind Resident Services. If you take a pumpkin, please water it.

Other attractions:

Star viewing platform in the far north, next to the secret beach. Feel free to use it to make wishes and chill.

Spooky event square, all decked out for Halloween!

Spooky botanical garden located in the center of the island. Witchy Woods located in the northwest cliffs.

All the usual resort facilities you've come to expect from Le BonZone! Enjoy a meal or get your hair did!

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Dodo code is 9KBQ3
Less than a week until until Halloween as we have another day of the Sand Souci Celebration, open daily in Celebration of Halloween!

I am your gracious host Stonks, the high wizard!

Leftover from Eugene's birthday, we have a few Eugene Posters up for grabs for those who want them

The other main attraction is The General's Fun Park the biggest attraction in Sand Souci. Come see the various stands and purchase goods, ride on one of our four teacups, perform a spooky show on our updated haunted stage, and of course Visit the World Famous Sand Souci Haunted House ! Six rooms of terror await you, can you survive?
The Rooms Include:

The Forbidden Summons
'The Stiching Room'
Graveyard of Villagers Past
Hell Itself
The Laboratory of Madness
The Church of Resurrection

We're at max spookcapacity right now, any spookier and they'll revoke our spook license If you enjoyed your stay please leave a note on our billboard in the town square

Anything at nooks is up for purchase, so help yourself

Sahara is also here

The ables have the mage academy hoods for all your dress up needs, and don't forget your candy at nooks!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Hello! Please come to Spookfarts as it is my lovely partner's birthday! They live in the house next to the waterfall and rocket. Their favorite colors are purple and green and they like Japanese stuff.

As a special thank-you, help yourself to up to four mystery bags as part of our Halloween giveaway! Go right at the airport and grab some gifts from the beach. Sell it if you hate it, it's yours!

Grab as many free items as you want from in front of Nook's. turnips are at 129 and help yourself to anything in the store!

I apologize for forgetting what's in Able's, but omg the latest custom designs are amazing!

Saharah is here!

Finally, my sweet lazy boi Doc is in boxes. He was my first NMT villager. Please give him a new home with snacks!

Please take anything you like except for the dropped items on the leftmost beach and the pumpkins.

I am dressed like sexy Jesus today! Also I might actually not be AFK. Please give my partner a lil gift, they have had a lovely week. (Also if anyone has a spare pumpkin carriage, I'll give you my jesus body for it)

Death death code: 1mm5y

had to come back because somehow I didn't read half of this post so they get two gifts!

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

If I could have a second Doc on my island, I would. If I could have an entire island of Docs, like some sort of Animal Crossing version of Multiplicity, God knows I would.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Uh Flick and Celeste are here. Help me water flowers on my stupid newbie island.

closed

Thanks for the visit!

notthegoatseguy fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Oct 29, 2020

Spellman
May 31, 2011

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

My stupid self wants to buy another Switch off the assumption I'm going to receive my Fulbright grant to teach English in Ukraine and therefore I should have a Ukrainian/Russian console to study from, particularly as my Ukrainian has advanced to a high enough level to make that possible. Unfortunately I don't think Animal Crossing is available in either language. D:

Maybe I should go on Etsy and drop some money on a modded retro handheld console with that sort of specs, full of games that play in those languages. Something I can fit in my luggage. I wonder if anyone has modded an earlier Animal Crossing with those languages?

Edit: And before anyone jumps on this as illegal or whatever, the use of games as study materials falls under Fair Use.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

holy poo poo i found zucker on a nook miles island, now i have all 3 octupus villagers :supaburn:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

The Lobster posted:

My stupid self wants to buy another Switch off the assumption I'm going to receive my Fulbright grant to teach English in Ukraine and therefore I should have a Ukrainian/Russian console to study from, particularly as my Ukrainian has advanced to a high enough level to make that possible. Unfortunately I don't think Animal Crossing is available in either language. D:

Maybe I should go on Etsy and drop some money on a modded retro handheld console with that sort of specs, full of games that play in those languages. Something I can fit in my luggage. I wonder if anyone has modded an earlier Animal Crossing with those languages?

Edit: And before anyone jumps on this as illegal or whatever, the use of games as study materials falls under Fair Use.

According to a real quick and dirty Google search, you can totally play the game in Russian!

Iirc you can also play Breath of the Wild in Russian... I think I remember that being a thing.

(Oh also that sounds really cool and exciting! :D)

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Can't you just change the language settings on the switch or we, thats what I did when I decided to play FFVII in Spanish.

I should try NH in Spanish too, would probably help with my terrible attempts at language learning. Despite being too embarrassed to ask several of my Spanish colleagues for help videogames will definitely help me haha.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

track day bro! posted:

Can't you just change the language settings on the switch or we, thats what I did when I decided to play FFVII in Spanish.

I should try NH in Spanish too, would probably help with my terrible attempts at language learning. Despite being too embarrassed to ask several of my Spanish colleagues for help videogames will definitely help me haha.

Could be? I don't know which would be easier.

Also I feel you on trying to practice a second language while playing a video game. I have some moderate French knowledge, so periodically I'll pick up a game and play in in French, usually Pokemon. If you play Pokemon at all, they're really good for practicing a second language. I suppose any game aimed at children would. The language used is nice and simple and I find it pretty easy to get what's going on from context.

I haven't tried playing a game with a lot of spoken dialog in French. I can read it okay, but understanding when people talk is another matter entirely. It's still good to practice, though! Keep it up!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Funny you bring up Pokemon because I think the first game I tried doing it with was Lets Go Pikachu, but I got bored with the actual game part pretty quickly. I managed a full playthrough of FFVII but I've played it way too many times.

I know what you mean about reading and talking though. Although I've heard people say that TV is easier to understand than just say Radio or a podcast because you get a bit more context on whats happening apparently.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

The Lobster posted:

Hey this is super cool. I think if I were going to take time to learn another language or try to re-learn Spanish from my college days, video games would be an awesome way to do it.

Your situation is also really interesting to me as my sister taught English in Ukraine through the Peace Corps. :)

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Silver Falcon posted:

The language used is nice and simple and I find it pretty easy to get what's going on from context.
I used to work with a recently immigrated serbian guy who watched a lot of Scooby Doo to learn english. I wish I could tell you he said zoinks a lot, but he did end up using "creepy" when he meant more like, odd or unusual, which I attribute to Scooby Doo.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Anyone got decent turnip prices? It's the first time I've bought in ages and I'll be sad if I've wasted my money

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

eating only apples posted:

Anyone got decent turnip prices? It's the first time I've bought in ages and I'll be sad if I've wasted my money

If you don't mind sitting in a queue, there are always tons of high-price islands on http://turnip.exchange/

Most people on there don't even bother with entrance fees anymore

Edit: looked just now and there's an island selling for 578 with a whopping 3 people in line

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Oct 29, 2020

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Hobo Clown posted:

If you don't mind sitting in a queue, there are always tons of high-price islands on http://turnip.exchange/

Most people on there don't even bother with entrance fees anymore

Edit: looked just now and there's an island selling for 578 with a whopping 3 people in line

Completely forgot this site existed, thanks!

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Come visit my stupid newbie island and water some flowers/pumpkins or some poo poo. I've got flowers growing on the northwest third floor. Also flowers and pumpkins on the first floor central island and around Nooks on the eastern first floor island.

If you're getting screwed over on the turnip market, 136 bells probably sounds pretty good right now.

Gullivarr is here but I don't think that means anything to multi-players?

Nook's has a baby doll (pink) and a record player. Don't forget your candy.

Hot items are a pot and an iron garden table

Leave a message on the board if you visit (thanks Amy from Mini Kiwi).

Code is closed for now. Thanks for visiting!

notthegoatseguy fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Oct 29, 2020

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Damnit, Klaus, why did you have to ask to leave today?

I said yes because I want new people, then realised it means he's in boxes tomorrow and gone on Saturday, so I'll only have nine villagers for Halloween shenanigans. (Has anyone time travelled through it yet? Am I likely to miss out on anything by having one fewer animal?)

Also means I won't have a smug unless I get very lucky on Nook islands Saturday morning, since there aren't that many I like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Black Robe posted:

Also means I won't have a smug unless I get very lucky on Nook islands Saturday morning, since there aren't that many I like.

my island has zero smug villagers and zero snooty villagers and i for one could not be happier about that