Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

LifeLynx posted:

Over a decade of ignoring mana burn has left me with zero idea of how this card will actually play. How often does extra mana empty these days? How often will people remember? Even before mana burn was removed it rarely came up.

People make infinite mana in commander all the goddam time. Anything that isn’t a dockside loop could theoretically be vulnerable to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

Bust Rodd posted:

People make infinite mana in commander all the goddam time. Anything that isn’t a dockside loop could theoretically be vulnerable to this.

Yeah I suppose someone might theoretically be stupid enough to generate infinite mana that they have nothing to do with while this guy is in play. Theoretically.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Usually people with infinite mana use it to win before it empties though.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
It will happen. I make infinite mana and... have nothing to do with it, pass is a surprisingly common set play with pre-teens and stoners. Now will anyone care? No, not in the slightest.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
The formats...they are good right now. Well not pioneer. Or maybe it is. Who knows, I’ll never play it.

Legacy, modern, historic, and standard are all fun right now and mostly well balanced

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

the Orb of Zot posted:

The return of mana burn!

the revenge of the viashino tribe

please please let that be a thing

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Time posted:

The formats...they are good right now. Well not pioneer. Or maybe it is. Who knows, I’ll never play it.

Legacy, modern, historic, and standard are all fun right now and mostly well balanced

legacy is still blighted by the existence of astrolabe, even if the format is resilient enough to still be fun

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

legacy is still blighted by the existence of astrolabe, even if the format is resilient enough to still be fun

I think labe does converge what should be 5-6 different decks into like 2 which isn’t great, but from a competitive standpoint, those decks aren’t dominating the meta.

I have been taking a break from delver and shadow for the time being to jam hogaak which is actually incredibly fun. I like decks that either play maximum interaction or let me take lots of game actions and nothing in between, apparently

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
https://twitter.com/misterorange/status/1321822678014197762

Is this card actually Red?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

The red pip in the left means the colour identity of the card is red.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Undercosted creature with Trample is primary green. Menace is primary black.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

The red pip in the left means the colour identity of the card is red.

Is this new in Commander Legends or has this been the case for some time? I missed a lot of colorless matters sets in my MtG sabbatical.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

AngryBooch posted:

Is this new in Commander Legends or has this been the case for some time? I missed a lot of colorless matters sets in my MtG sabbatical.

Been the case at least since transform cards in original Innistrad.

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

AngryBooch posted:

The place i saw it the most is the backside of a flip card, since they almost never had a mana cost.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

There's also the Pacts.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Red has had 0 cost Kobold creatures since Legends, which is what this card is a riff on.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I think menace is either primary red or equally red and black.

And undercosted you can argue out if when it can do almost nothing on its own.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
That card is sneakily very good, I think

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Pro move is to partner them with Bruse and give them Lifelink and double strike.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

sit on my Facebook posted:

That card is sneakily very good, I think

If you want to kill with commander damage it's pretty drat good, it comes out fast and has great combat keywords.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

That card is hilarious. Who knows whether it's actually any good or not, but I absolutely love it from a flavor and uniqueness perspective.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

The place i saw it the most is the backside of a flip card, since they almost never had a mana cost.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Been the case at least since transform cards in original Innistrad.

Thank you, I never thought of the issue with regards to transform, very interesting.

whydirt posted:

Red has had 0 cost Kobold creatures since Legends, which is what this card is a riff on.

I love my old Kobold cards, and in general I like that Commander Legends is giving some support to old tribes like Thrulls.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Trampling 1-toughness creatures is primary in red

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

A Moose posted:

Heh.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Meanwhile I am going nuts over pirates.

kas
Sep 9, 2003
I am a snoot.

Kobold guy might be good in some sort of colossus hammer deck just because of the added evasion over the usual suspects.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Nevermind kobolds or pirates.

quote:

Toggo, Goblin Weaponsmith
2R
Legendary Creature - Goblin Artificer
When a land enters the battlefield under your control, create an artifact equipment token named "rock". It has "Equipped creature has "1, T, Sacrifice Rock: deal 2 damage to any target" and "Equip 1." "

Partner

2/2

It's all about Toggo and his incredible invention: rocks.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

lmao this art and flavor is incredible

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

I don’t play commander, but I love this card

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

It's a football, I chiseled it.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

A Moose posted:

wow look at this scythecat and strangleroot geist erasure

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I somehow completely forgot that Portal-three kingdoms cards aren't on any kind of reserved list and they can just print them at will. Why do they let stuff like capture and imperial seal sit at $200+? that seems like a treasure trove of reprint equity just sitting around not making them money.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Also lolling at people who paid $100+ for three visits in order to squeeze .01 EV out of a green commander deck only to see them reprint it at uncommon.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

"If an effect would cause you to look at cards while Scrying, instead draw that many cards"

If you ever wanted Preordain to just be Ancestral Recall, I guess there you go. Also lol at Mystical Speculation.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Time posted:

I think labe does converge what should be 5-6 different decks into like 2 which isn’t great, but from a competitive standpoint, those decks aren’t dominating the meta.

I have been taking a break from delver and shadow for the time being to jam hogaak which is actually incredibly fun. I like decks that either play maximum interaction or let me take lots of game actions and nothing in between, apparently

Oko remains extremely stupid and should be banned

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Sampatrick posted:

Oko remains extremely stupid and should be banned

I think it could probably use a ban, yeah, but the format is still very good in spite of this imo. Would be better off without it undoubtedly though

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Fish Of Doom posted:

"If an effect would cause you to look at cards while Scrying, instead draw that many cards"

If you ever wanted Preordain to just be Ancestral Recall, I guess there you go. Also lol at Mystical Speculation.

drat, that's a pretty nice effect. It's a legendary creature with partner I'm assuming, based on the frame? And flying presumably.

Not sure it's that good at 6cmc since you generally want your draw engines to come online faster than that, but I'm sure it'll still see play. It makes a cute partner for Siani as a mono-blue fliers deck.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:gizz:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Meanwhile I am going nuts over pirates.

That's either a relatively small giant or a pretty beefy lobster, and I can't tell which it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

This extended art poo poo with the lame gradient to black looks so bad. Just do full frame already. :barf: